ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
ITA Matrix Search: http://matrix.itasoftware.com

You can sometimes see flights, fares and detailed fare rules that may not be reflected on an airline's website. Please read the thread for some tips and tricks, screen shots, etc.

A related thread, ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK, discusses a user script which is maintained by fellow flyertalk members to enhance the already powerful Matrix of ITA Software by providing new features and booking links.

Additional details and tips on the use of ITA's advanced routing code feature can be found in the following long-standing Mileage Run Discussion threads:

Print Wikipost

ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2024, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Life is like a box of Sharklets
When I try the same method, the error message is saying 'use spaces, or comma (,) or semi-colon (; )- but I cannot get the machine to work.
I tried a myriad of ways to reproduce what you described, but I was unable to. If I copy a list of airports that are separated by commas, spaces, or semicolons, the site parses them all fine and converts them to chips as soon as I tab or click into a different field. I even tried tabs, carriage returns, and non-breaking spaces, and those all worked, too. Wait...you did actually try tabbing or clicking into a different field in the form after pasting, right? Perhaps you didn't, and hopefully the solution is that simple...
Old May 25, 2024, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by grepdashv
I tried a myriad of ways to reproduce what you described, but I was unable to. If I copy a list of airports that are separated by commas, spaces, or semicolons, the site parses them all fine and converts them to chips as soon as I tab or click into a different field. I even tried tabs, carriage returns, and non-breaking spaces, and those all worked, too. Wait...you did actually try tabbing or clicking into a different field in the form after pasting, right? Perhaps you didn't, and hopefully the solution is that simple...
Thanks for replying - tabbing and clicking in the next field was the first thing I did - which is when I noticed it wasn't working for me
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old May 25, 2024, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Life is like a box of Sharklets
... tabbing and clicking in the next field was the first thing I did ...
Well, no idea why it's not working for you, then. Things you could try: 1) using a different browser; 2) pasting the text into a plain text editor first and then recopying from there and pasting it into the form (rather than copying and pasting directly from a spreadsheet in order to minimize the chance that some weird characters or formatting are causing an issue).
Old May 26, 2024, 3:28 am

I will try those things, thanks grepdashv
Old Jun 5, 2024, 10:25 am

I wonder when / if ITA will include NDC offers as well, since sooner or later all airlines will switch to NDC from EDIFACT.
With many airlines the cheapest fares are already only loaded into NDC and are not distributed via EDIFACT anymore.
Old Jun 5, 2024, 4:26 pm

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Hopefully not before they add a basic economy filter

i appreciate that United for example doesnt publish their BE fares into it
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2024, 7:45 am

Programs: LH SEN
Pretty frustrated with NEWITA at the moment. Been spending time building fares for a winter vacation, then either trying to book the fare directly on the airline website or sending the itinerary to our travel agent, only to be told every time that the fare is not available. I get the feeling that the setting to only show actually available flights is fake. Or am I missing something? And yes, I am aware that I cannot book directly on ITA.
Old Jun 14, 2024, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by FS_FRA
Pretty frustrated with NEWITA at the moment. Been spending time building fares for a winter vacation, then either trying to book the fare directly on the airline website or sending the itinerary to our travel agent, only to be told every time that the fare is not available. I get the feeling that the setting to only show actually available flights is fake. Or am I missing something? And yes, I am aware that I cannot book directly on ITA.
Got an example? Especially with LH G many fares cannot be booked anymore through regular channels and only as smart offer (FLX)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.