Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 24, 19, 2:11 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: IMH
Wiki Link
If you see the message "An unknown or unexpected error has occurred. Please contact us if this problem persists." while using ExpertFlyer, please contact ExpertFlyer support by email immediately so the problem may be resolved most quickly: [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 12, 18, 12:50 pm
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com

Originally Posted by Keter View Post
I stand corrected - the direct display only seems to limit the max availability by 4 seats per class, it does not impact the display accuracy though.
In my example this would mean:

generic display (EF know which GDS it is) - Y9 B8 H3 K1 M0
direct display - Y4 B4 H3 K1 M0, ie the accuracy is preserved, just the presentation is less informative.
No problem. That being said since it doesn't look like direct connect is required anymore to get accurate inventories for AY we have turned it off.
Old Dec 15, 18, 9:52 am

What are the fare codes for Qatar awards in business or first on EF?
Old Dec 15, 18, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by mrstraveler View Post
What are the fare codes for Qatar awards in business or first on EF?
Qatar isn't listed on the Awards & Upgrade search because they do not share their award data.
Old Dec 15, 18, 12:47 pm

New to EF Premium. Is there a simple way to copy/duplicate a flight alert? I was able to create flight alerts given date/airline/flight#/Class code, etc, however could only apply a single Class Code. Trying to avoid having to manually enter all the details lots of times to create alerts for all lower cost fare classes. Read through help guides and searched forums, but didn't find anything on how to do this.
Old Dec 15, 18, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by lantern View Post
New to EF Premium. Is there a simple way to copy/duplicate a flight alert? I was able to create flight alerts given date/airline/flight#/Class code, etc, however could only apply a single Class Code. Trying to avoid having to manually enter all the details lots of times to create alerts for all lower cost fare classes. Read through help guides and searched forums, but didn't find anything on how to do this.
No, but reentering data isn't necessary either. You can create an alert from the Flight Availability or Award search results pages. There you only have to enter a name, class, and quantity.
Old Dec 15, 18, 6:20 pm

Programs: QF gold-> platinum
Random question but new to expertlfyer...

i have a booking to johannesburg with qantas in July next year. QF gold at present

MMB shows me in seat 5J
expertflyer showing that seat as available...

(the rest of the seatmap seems to broadly match up with occupied, blocked etc)

what’s going on?!

EDIT: worked it out. Had put date in DDMMYY instead of MMDDYY (duh!)

Last edited by nancypants; Dec 15, 18 at 6:27 pm
Old Dec 16, 18, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Help needed

I have a BOM-EWR-BOS saver award in Economy booked. I set alert for
same flights if saver Business space opens up later. How do I now set alerts
for other options like BOM-ZRH-BOS or BOM-FRA-BOS ? Is there any
easy way to set alerts instead of multiple flights alerts? Please advise...Thanks
in advance.
Old Dec 16, 18, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by flyalways View Post
I have a BOM-EWR-BOS saver award in Economy booked. I set alert for
same flights if saver Business space opens up later. How do I now set alerts
for other options like BOM-ZRH-BOS or BOM-FRA-BOS ? Is there any
easy way to set alerts instead of multiple flights alerts? Please advise...Thanks
in advance.
At this time Flight Alerts are for specific segments only, not for married segments.
Old Dec 22, 18, 9:49 pm

Programs: Plat: UA; Gold: AA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Plat (now not), GE
Neither Seat Alert or Aircraft Change Alert Notified Me

Wondering why I was not alerted when my 9/2 flight had an aircraft change and we were given different seats. I had set an aircraft change alert and also an alert if we were removed from our seats (seats shown as available). Neither alert was received.
Old Dec 22, 18, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC View Post
Wondering why I was not alerted when my 9/2 flight had an aircraft change and we were given different seats. I had set an aircraft change alert and also an alert if we were removed from our seats (seats shown as available). Neither alert was received.
We'd love to help you, but since you didn't email us we can't look up your account or the specific flight information you're referring to. It depends on how the airline publishes the flight changes, the aircraft type in the seat map or the seat map it self has to change, but it sounds like it didn't. Again we can't tell you for sure since you didn't tell us who you are or the flight information. Please email us directly for help.
Old Dec 24, 18, 10:43 am

Programs: AC, DL, Marriott, SPG, Fairmont, Best Western
Can you add a feature that allows viewing any/most airline ticket's information and details by entering the ticket number ?

If you go to Saudia.com "manage my booking" section, you will be able to detailed information by entering a ticket number and last name of passenger. And it works for tickets issued and flights operated by many airlines. But I'm worried that the Saudia.com door will be shut down any time.
Old Dec 24, 18, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by MasterGeek View Post
Can you add a feature that allows viewing any/most airline ticket's information and details by entering the ticket number ?

If you go to Saudia.com "manage my booking" section, you will be able to detailed information by entering a ticket number and last name of passenger. And it works for tickets issued and flights operated by many airlines. But I'm worried that the Saudia.com door will be shut down any time.
Unfortunately not as ticket/reservation information is only viewable to the airline and the booking agency.
Old Dec 25, 18, 5:39 pm

Programs: AC, DL, Marriott, SPG, Fairmont, Best Western
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice View Post
Unfortunately not as ticket/reservation information is only viewable to the airline and the booking agency.
that's odd because Saudia can display tickets information on most airlines even if not ticketed or operated by Saudia
Old Dec 26, 18, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by MasterGeek View Post

that's odd because Saudia can display tickets information on most airlines even if not ticketed or operated by Saudia
Travel agents and non-airlines certainly cannot.
Old Dec 29, 18, 6:05 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
A Thank you to the Expert Flyer team - I had booked an Aetoplan redemption in Y ( X) class since no J space was available.
I set an EF alert for I class, and received the email alert this evening that I space was available on this flight.
A quick phone call and $100 later I had the J class seat.
Thank you, and that alone is worth the annual fee for me.
747FC and Calchas like this.

Search this Thread