ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 6:05 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by MrJBoy
I wonder how often EF checks upgrade availability.
Once I found AA's C upgrade availability at EF.com by myself and then called AA to confirm the upgrade.
I set up an alert for the C inventory, but I didn't get a notification.

Also, for another flight I didn't get an notification, but when I checked my AA account, my seat had been already upgraded.
As has been mentioned before up thread, several times a day at least. Your manual searching on EF will not trigger an alert. The alerts are designed to check when you are not, not to check more often then you. If you want to see if an alert will see currently available inventory when it next checks, you can click the Quick Check button from the View Saved Alerts page.

If you have other questions about how ExpertFlyer works, you can ask us directly here: [email protected]
Old May 22, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
I was looking at award space for ORD-OTP on LH in I. EF shows no availability, even though united.com does. Does EF show different availability than united.com for LH awards? For example, for December 12.

I have set up an alert for prefered flights that don’t currently have availability, but now I wonder how accurate EF is.

Thanks.
Old May 22, 2018, 10:04 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gusd
I was looking at award space for ORD-OTP on LH in I. EF shows no availability, even though united.com does. [...] For example, for December 12.
I can't answer your more general questions, but I can't replicate the specific problem you report. I've just searched that route for 12 December and seen availability (on LH, via FRA and MUC) showing on both united.com and EF. Maybe try again?
Old May 22, 2018, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by IMH
I can't answer your more general questions, but I can't replicate the specific problem you report. I've just searched that route for 12 December and seen availability (on LH, via FRA and MUC) showing on both united.com and EF. Maybe try again?
I’m sorry, I had the date wrong. The problem is with December 13, not 12.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:46 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
I had the date wrong. The problem is with December 13
Thanks. I can now replicate the problem and also confirm that searching on LH (M&M) shows the same availability as united.com for that date. EF should (and normally does) return the same results as LH, so something does seem to be wrong. The fact that the results for 12 December appear to be fine makes things more curious.
Old May 23, 2018, 12:38 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

I’m sorry, I had the date wrong. The problem is with December 13, not 12.
We just looked at United and there is no all LH option between ORD and OTP on Dec 13, so it's not clear what you are referring to. It only shows 2 stop options for I inventory, all of which include at least 1 UA segment. LH does have inventory for FRA to OTP on Dec 14 (the connecting flight) which ExpertFlyer does show if you do that search.

If you need further help using ExpertFlyer, then email us directly at [email protected]
Old May 23, 2018, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
We just looked at United and there is no all LH option between ORD and OTP on Dec 13, so it's not clear what you are referring to. It only shows 2 stop options for I inventory, all of which include at least 1 UA segment. LH does have inventory for FRA to OTP on Dec 14 (the connecting flight) which ExpertFlyer does show if you do that search.

If you need further help using ExpertFlyer, then email us directly at [email protected]
Hm, it’s now gone from united.com, but as confirmed by IMH above, it was there yesterday. Thanks for looking into it, though.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:31 pm

The flights show up again on united.com, but not on ExpertFlyer.
Old May 24, 2018, 7:48 am

Does EF have plans in the future to show CX availability? Most of my trips are using AS miles on CX, and AwardNexus shows CX but is costly. Id much rather use EF.

Any ideas?
Old May 24, 2018, 10:57 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

The flights show up again on united.com, but not on ExpertFlyer.
Now that it is available again it shows on ExpertFlyer:

Results from https://www.ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Awards & Upgrades Search
Departing ORD on 12/13/18 12:00 AM for OTP
Flying LH on booking class I

Frequency
Flight Stops Depart Arrive Aircraft Reliability Class Description Code Seats
1 Connection
LH 431 0 ORD FRA 74H Unavailable Business - Award/Upgrade I Y
12/13/18 4:15 PM 12/14/18 7:35 AM 87% / 20m
LH 1418 0 FRA OTP 319 Unavailable Business - Award/Upgrade I Y
12/14/18 9:50 AM 12/14/18 1:10 PM 60% / 16m

In the future, please contact us directly for help with specific searches.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:58 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by pointsbrah
Does EF have plans in the future to show CX availability? Most of my trips are using AS miles on CX, and AwardNexus shows CX but is costly. Id much rather use EF.

Any ideas?
As of now CX does not publish their award data.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:01 am

Now that it is available again it shows on ExpertFlyer:

Results from https://www.ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Awards & Upgrades Search
Departing ORD on 12/13/18 12:00 AM for OTP
Flying LH on booking class I

Frequency
Flight Stops Depart Arrive Aircraft Reliability Class Description Code Seats
1 Connection
LH 431 0 ORD FRA 74H Unavailable Business - Award/Upgrade I Y
12/13/18 4:15 PM 12/14/18 7:35 AM 87% / 20m
LH 1418 0 FRA OTP 319 Unavailable Business - Award/Upgrade I Y
12/14/18 9:50 AM 12/14/18 1:10 PM 60% / 16m

In the future, please contact us directly for help with specific searches.
Yes, it does. Thanks for fixing it. There was definitely something wrong before.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:39 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Yes, it does. Thanks for fixing it. There was definitely something wrong before.
It wasn't an issue with ExpertFlyer, the inventory also doesn't show on ANA so it looks like there was/is some kind of distribution issue.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:52 am

As of now CX does not publish their award data.
Pardon my ignorance, but I am assuming EF isn't tapping into the typical award redemption search engines, and thus wouldn't use BA / JAL / QF to perform the searches?
Old May 24, 2018, 11:53 am

It wasn't an issue with ExpertFlyer, the inventory also doesn't show on ANA so it looks like there was/is some kind of distribution issue.
Oh, I see. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.