ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:36 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by hurnik
I'm not sure if Expert Flyer can be used this way, but here goes:

I had a flight that apparently hasn't been "cancelled" but it doesn't exist (Expert flyer cannot pull up the seat maps). Anyway, the "culprit" is that Delta has (at least for now) discontinued service from CZM to ATL for the summer, except on Saturday. DL says "unconfirmed, but not cancelled", but if you look at their flight flex schedule, you'll see only Saturday service is available now.

Is there a way to generate some sort of alert (via Expert Flyer) so I can be alerted if/when Delta reinstates service on our desired travel date (or even a day or two plus or minus)?

I think it was DL 682 (but can't recall 100%) leaving at 1:40 p.m. CZM to ATL on 6/18/19.
I'm sorry but we don't have an alert for the adding of flights to the schedule at this time.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
I'm sorry but we don't have an alert for the adding of flights to the schedule at this time.
thank you for the reply. I wasn't sure if some saavy stuff could be done. But no worries, the service itself is worth every penny, IMO.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:36 pm

Sorry if this question is off-topic; feel free to point me to a better place to ask it

When I'm looking at fare rules on EF and I see something like this under Sales Restrictions:
FOOTNOTE RULE
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 16NOV18.

In what time zone is the date 16NOV18 evaluated? Is it the time zone of the departure city, or of the airline's headquarters, or my own time zone, or something else?

If it matters, this is a fare from LH.

Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:48 am

This one's an odd one (IMO):

I had a Flight Schedule Alert (set for 15 minutes or greater)--perhaps this is my issue.

Anyway, it was for WN flight on 1/26/19 from ALB to HOU via MDW (so I had two alerts, one for the ALB - MDW and one for the MDW to HOU).
Off the top of my head I can't recall the flight #.

Anyway, Southwest emailed me with a "schedule change" and in reality all it was is that the ALB - MDW flight # changed. Same time, date, etc.
So I logged into expert flyer and found my ALB-MDW alert and clicked the little verify/check button and it did its thing and popped up a notification stating that the schedule HAD changed.

But I never got an alert.
This is more of a curiosity on my end, since it was just a flight # change, and not really a schedule change, but was just curious as to why it didn't alert me?

Is it because I had set the threshold for 15 minutes or more?

NOT complaining here, just curious, as I'm new to the paid version of expert flyer, so still learning how to do things.

Thank you!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:08 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by hurnik
This one's an odd one (IMO):

I had a Flight Schedule Alert (set for 15 minutes or greater)--perhaps this is my issue.

Anyway, it was for WN flight on 1/26/19 from ALB to HOU via MDW (so I had two alerts, one for the ALB - MDW and one for the MDW to HOU).
Off the top of my head I can't recall the flight #.

Anyway, Southwest emailed me with a "schedule change" and in reality all it was is that the ALB - MDW flight # changed. Same time, date, etc.
So I logged into expert flyer and found my ALB-MDW alert and clicked the little verify/check button and it did its thing and popped up a notification stating that the schedule HAD changed.

But I never got an alert.
This is more of a curiosity on my end, since it was just a flight # change, and not really a schedule change, but was just curious as to why it didn't alert me?

Is it because I had set the threshold for 15 minutes or more?

NOT complaining here, just curious, as I'm new to the paid version of expert flyer, so still learning how to do things.

Thank you!
The Schedule Change alert lets you know if the times of a specific flight change, it won't know if the flight number changed to a different one, it looks for the specific flight number/airline combination. Without knowing the flight number we can't look to see how Southwest changed the schedules, they might have just removed that flight number for that day. But if you email us directly we can look it up in your account. Also the Quick Check won't initiate an email notification.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by PeanutYYZ
Sorry if this question is off-topic; feel free to point me to a better place to ask it

When I'm looking at fare rules on EF and I see something like this under Sales Restrictions:
FOOTNOTE RULE
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 16NOV18.

In what time zone is the date 16NOV18 evaluated? Is it the time zone of the departure city, or of the airline's headquarters, or my own time zone, or something else?

If it matters, this is a fare from LH.

Thanks!
Well, it turns out it's not the time zone of the departure city, because it's November 17 in Paris already right now (still November 16 in the US) and I can still book the discounted fare on lufthansa.com. Interesting! I guess it must be the time zone of the person booking the flight? That surprises me.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Is EF unable to do UA seat alerts these days? I tried to add one for a DEN-ORD flight in two weeks and received the following message:

“The requested information could not be retrieved or is not available. This is likely due to invalid input criteria or lack of access to the information from the airline. Please revise the search parameters and try again.”
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:59 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Is EF unable to do UA seat alerts these days? I tried to add one for a DEN-ORD flight in two weeks and received the following message:

“The requested information could not be retrieved or is not available. This is likely due to invalid input criteria or lack of access to the information from the airline. Please revise the search parameters and try again.”
There is nothing wrong with United seat alerts, that message is because you entered in the incorrect flight information for the seat map. If you email us directly we can help you figure out the correct information.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Well, it turns out it's not the time zone of the departure city, because it's November 17 in Paris already right now (still November 16 in the US) and I can still book the discounted fare on lufthansa.com. Interesting! I guess it must be the time zone of the person booking the flight?
I don't know whether this is universally true, but ISTR that as far as BA is concerned, it's the date at the ticketing office that counts. Sometimes people have reported being unable to book a particular fare through BA in London because the fare can no longer be ticketed, but remaining able to book it through a TA in the US.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
So now that I have made my decision to avoid the B737 MAX, how to do so? I've just been reviewing my next 14 segment trip to/through Asia,
and several of the flights are on 73H, 73G, and 738 birds according to Expert Flyer. Am I correct in assuming that the only designation
being used for the MAX is 7M8, and all the others are older, safer versions of the 737?
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
It may depend upon each individual airline on how they designate the equipment.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:28 am

ExpertFlyer seat alerts problem

Hi, I've searched the forum and can't find an answer to this specific problem - so hopefully someone here can help.

I've just registered on ExpertFlyer and am trying to check availability and set an alert for a Malaysia Airlines flight, but I can't find a flight code that the tool will accept...

Everywhere I've looked the flight code (LHR - KUL) is MAS1, but the ExpertFlyer tool tells me this isn't valid, or specifically as below:

"Flight Number is just the number of the flight, without the 2 letter airline code before it."

The field only allows four characters though, so I can't add the airline code (MH)... Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:36 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Welcome to FlyerTalk @leem13!

I merged your question into the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread.

TWA884
Travel Tools moderator
leem13 likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:14 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by leem13
Hi, I've searched the forum and can't find an answer to this specific problem - so hopefully someone here can help.

I've just registered on ExpertFlyer and am trying to check availability and set an alert for a Malaysia Airlines flight, but I can't find a flight code that the tool will accept...

Everywhere I've looked the flight code (LHR - KUL) is MAS1, but the ExpertFlyer tool tells me this isn't valid, or specifically as below:

"Flight Number is just the number of the flight, without the 2 letter airline code before it."

The field only allows four characters though, so I can't add the airline code (MH)... Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Correct, as the message says, the flight number is just a number, not the airline code. The airline code is 2 characters "MH" goes in the Airline field and the flight number, a different field, is a number from 1-9999
TWA884 and leem13 like this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:58 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by leem13
Everywhere I've looked the flight code (LHR - KUL) is MAS1
MAS is the ICAO code for Malaysia Airlines, compared to the IATA code of MH. The flight number is simply 1.
leem13 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.