ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver
EF showing ghost awards on BA?

I am a BA Gold Exec member and a Premium subscriber to EF wishing to book 2 award flights (economy X) or (Gold Elite Award V) for flight London Gatwick to PFO (Cyprus) on 08 Sept 2018 - Flight BA 2676.

EF showed and is still showing seats available. I (from Mauritius) called BA Gold line in UK to book, only to be told that they can't find any seats.
Re did the search on EF after the call, and again EF shows availability (see below).

For the same date (08 Sep 2018), EF shows availability of 9 award flights in economy for Gold Elite ( V class) on LHR (Heathrow)-LCA (Lanarca) route at 11.45 am but BA Exec agent says nothing is available. This particular availability (LHR-LCA) has been there on EF since several days.

EF made me lose over £50 on long distance call (i am from Mauritius).

Can EF verify and revert as to why i am unable to book theses awards and how can i book, if they are available at all. Checked on BA.com, no availability.

Thank you

FlightStopsDepartArriveAircraftFrequency
ReliabilityAvailable ClassesDescriptionCodeSeats0 ConnectionsBA 26760LGW
08/09/18
12:55PFO
08/09/18
19:30320Su,M,W,F,Sa
50% / 24mEconomy - AwardXNoEconomy - Gold Elite Award V2

Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:18 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by lall
I am a BA Gold Exec member and a Premium subscriber to EF wishing to book 2 award flights (economy X) or (Gold Elite Award V) for flight London Gatwick to PFO (Cyprus) on 08 Sept 2018 - Flight BA 2676.

EF showed and is still showing seats available. I (from Mauritius) called BA Gold line in UK to book, only to be told that they can't find any seats.
Re did the search on EF after the call, and again EF shows availability (see below).

For the same date (08 Sep 2018), EF shows availability of 9 award flights in economy for Gold Elite ( V class) on LHR (Heathrow)-LCA (Lanarca) route at 11.45 am but BA Exec agent says nothing is available. This particular availability (LHR-LCA) has been there on EF since several days.

EF made me lose over £50 on long distance call (i am from Mauritius).

Can EF verify and revert as to why i am unable to book theses awards and how can i book, if they are available at all. Checked on BA.com, no availability.

Thank you

FlightStopsDepartArriveAircraftFrequency
ReliabilityAvailable ClassesDescriptionCodeSeats0 ConnectionsBA 26760LGW
08/09/18
12:55PFO
08/09/18
19:30320Su,M,W,F,Sa
50% / 24mEconomy - AwardXNoEconomy - Gold Elite Award V2

It might be a point of sale issue as from both the USA and UK POS it shows V2 however from Mauritius POS it may be V0.

This is a screen shot of the direct response from the BA host system in the reservation system. You should ask BA point blank why they see no V inventory when it's clearly there and your travel agency can see it:

Flyiboy, allset2travel and Calchas like this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver
Thank you for the reply.

It cannot be a point of sale issue as my conversation was via phone to the UK Gold Exec line (+44 country code) and Mauritius does not have a Gold Exec call centre.
Also the point of departure for the award flight is LGW so i find it surprising that BA says nothing is available. The POS is UK (both the BA transacting agent and the departure airport). I will try to call them again.
thank you
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lall
Thank you for the reply.

It cannot be a point of sale issue as my conversation was via phone to the UK Gold Exec line (+44 country code) and Mauritius does not have a Gold Exec call centre.
Also the point of departure for the award flight is LGW so i find it surprising that BA says nothing is available. The POS is UK (both the BA transacting agent and the departure airport). I will try to call them again.
thank you
Are you sure they are actually looking for V availability instead of X? I think it is more likely the error is with BA’s agents forgetting about the extra V bucket availability for golds.

I’d also suggest investing a few pounds in Skype or another online call service to lower the cost of these calls.

Plus what does it show on ba.com?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:08 am

Expert Flyer Delay Reason

Just wondering how you would decode this delay reason from expert flyer..

RMKS/DYLD DUE MTC YYZ. / BATTERY INVEST

Thanks in advance!!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:23 pm

In basic subscription can I receive alert when award seats available?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:58 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by mak101
In basic subscription can I receive alert when award seats available?
No, Flight Alerts are a Premium Subscription feature: https://www.expertflyer.com/frequent-flyer-programs
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
No, Flight Alerts are a Premium Subscription feature: https://www.expertflyer.com/frequent-flyer-programs
I am not talking about flight alerts, I would like to use my AA Advantage points to book flight and would like to receive alerts when reward seats are available.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by mak101
I am not talking about flight alerts, I would like to use my AA Advantage points to book flight and would like to receive alerts when reward seats are available.
I believe "Flight Alerts" are what provides notification of reward seat availability.

Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:29 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by serfty
I believe "Flight Alerts" are what provides notification of reward seat availability.
That is correct: https://www.expertflyer.com/frequent...labilityAlerts
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:53 pm

When I do award search, what should I select for Airline? I have aa points and would like to search for all possibilities, EY, QF, CX or any other combination, how do I search?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
E/F is airline by airline for such. You can set up separate alerts for various available airlines but that can be cumbersome.

If you want multi airline functionality, you might need to consider something like awardnexus.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:16 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

Recent questions and answers about using Award Nexus were moved to the relevant thread:
TWA884
Travel Tools moderator
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:11 pm

Expert Flyer Question

I just set up an account with Expert Flyer (the free service)and I am trying to set up an alert. My question is I have one seat booked for business class for LHR to YYC and I am wondering what I click on to set up an alert to see if/when another business seat becomes available. I have clicked on the $$ to pick a seat and it will not let me..HELP What am i doing wrong. FYI I have followed the Need Help. I have clicked on the seat and nothing
Aircraft: 789 (Boeing 787-9)

Create Seat Alert®Need Help?

Alert Name

Options

Include Premium Only seats

Include Paid seats

Include Blocked seats
Seats to look for

Any Seat

Any Aisle Seat

Any Window Seat

Any Exit Row Seat $

Any 2 Seats Together $

Select Specific Seats $
You can be notified about specific seats by clicking on them in the seat map.

Have a test email of this alert sent to yourself
You have selected alert options which costs $0.99. Click purchase to complete your alert.
Must specify one or more seats

Thanks for any help you can give me..

Tootsiegirl
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Seat alerts are for specific seats on the seat map.

It sounds like you want a fare availability alert for I1.

Either way, ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread is a much more appropriate place to ask this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.