Wiki Posts
Search

[archived] Favorite iPhone/iPad applications

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2011, 4:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by Auzzee
Me too! Such a silly game, but totally addictive. I have it on the iPad.
Don't forget the new upgrade with the giant pomegranate
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:12 pm

Programs: D SM, AA A, SPG, HH, MR
Hi gang.

First time chiming in on the board in over a year and a half and this is a topic that interests me.

I really enjoy the various in-flight magazines that are available for free on the iPad.

My personal favorite is Hemispheres by United/Continental, but I also specifically have and enjoy UP, b.there!, Going Places, and Lufthansa. I have some others as well that aren't in-flight specific.

I also have the FlightBoard/FlightTrack Pro bundle for both my iPad and iPhone. They serve as a great combination.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
Today's Wall St. Journal contains a list of useful travel-related apps that can be used without a data connection. Some require that you download maps, exchange rates, etc. before you leave home.[LIST][*]City Maps 2Go, $1.99

This link to the full article may work without a subscription:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...J_topics_obama
City Maps 2 Go on sale for $.99 til 7/5. Thanks OP!
Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:06 am

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Damn. These birds make me angry sometimes ...
Old Jul 7, 2011, 8:06 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
^ Have you bought the eagle thing? So far I have resisted. I just google the level and watch a youtube video.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 9:12 am
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by MarTN
^ Have you bought the eagle thing? So far I have resisted. I just google the level and watch a youtube video.
And what's the deal with the "feathers" looks like one has to buy the eagle to get those? Did they replace the other bonus items? I haven't bought it yet but also will watch a video. As far as the new "picnic" theme in Seasons, I haven't had to watch a video as so far I've gotten 3* on all of the levels.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:51 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
TowerMadness HD

Absolutely love it ^

The great thing is that it has both easy and hard levels so you can both have fun and be challenged. Plus you can purchase additional level packs that are very well-designed.

The Sentinel series is another must-have series of tower defence games.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 3:51 pm

Programs: *G, M+ Platinum
Originally Posted by aster
TowerMadness HD

Absolutely love it ^

The great thing is that it has both easy and hard levels so you can both have fun and be challenged. Plus you can purchase additional level packs that are very well-designed.

The Sentinel series is another must-have series of tower defence games.
x2 - I have been having a helluva time with the "micro" level in the "follow the path" group - any hints?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 1:49 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by ~tc~
x2 - I have been having a helluva time with the "micro" level in the "follow the path" group - any hints?
Someone is building a hint guide at http://www.tower-madness.com/ in the form of a forum, and unfortunately you need to register to read anything, but they don't have anything on the "micro" level yet. I'll give it a look later tonight though to see if I can come up with anything .
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by aster
Someone is building a hint guide at http://www.tower-madness.com/ in the form of a forum, and unfortunately you need to register to read anything, but they don't have anything on the "micro" level yet. I'll give it a look later tonight though to see if I can come up with anything .
Thanks for the link. Looks promissing but very little activity right now. "Tower maddness walkthrough" does not have much on youtube like angry birds does.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Can anyone recommend a good sound soother app form the iPad? The one I am currently using is glitchy. Thank you in advance.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:18 am

Music therapy app

I highly recommend this app for those who wish to catch some shuteye on long flights - http://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/mindb...42159799?mt=8#

It has helped me to relax and sleep well, extremely effective!
And unlike other apps, it has voice instructions to guide you through the relaxation process.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Edwardvan
Can anyone recommend a good sound soother app form the iPad? The one I am currently using is glitchy. Thank you in advance.
Very happy with WhiteNoise.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 5:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Oh my. This one is like crack. Infinity Blade. Bought it Saturday night and stayed up until 4 AM playing it on the iPad. Amazing graphics.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
Originally Posted by Edwardvan
I like the Pzizz Sleep app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.