Mail Forwarding services

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mail Forwarding services

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2011, 3:25 pm

Hey guys,

There is a new company starting September 1st that looks to be very affordable.

http://www.TravelingMailbox.com
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:40 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, Marriott
I have now been using earth class mail for 3 years. I'm stuck with them as I currently am traveling for a year, and thus it would be a major pita to switch to someone else right now (all my bills and such go to EarthClass).

While my mail volume has remained constant, the monthly price i'm paying has more than tripled. They upped their prices leaving me no opportunity to renew my 2 year agreement at the same rate as before.

Now I pay per scan instead of paying for a certain amount of monthly scans. In addition I have to pay to shred mail (which use to be free).

I just want to put my opinion out there so people understand how ECM works as a company, and warn those potentially thinking of utilizing their service that they have a history of increasing prices, decreasing benefits, and overall poor customer service.

Just thought i'd give an update.

Good luck!
Old Sep 9, 2011, 10:03 am

This is a very useful thread. ^

Does anybody have a solution for a Spain address? Bongo International appears to be a good service for what I need, but its EU address is in Belgium. Earth Class Mail only has U.S. addresses.

If necessary, I will use a Mail Boxes Etc. in Spain, but that's very low-tech.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by alanf
ECM is great in theory, but one thing they don’t tell you up front is that it costs out the nose (at least $10 per shipment in my case, and I live in a major U.S. city) to have a piece of your mail physically delivered to you, even if it’s a single envelope! They refuse to use the USPS to forward mail, insisting on using only couriers that provide item tracking. Thus, you have to pay DHL, UPS, or FedEx rates to physically get your mail.
Buyer beware.
Agreed. ECM also has this sneaky trick of starting the subscription clock on your account before it becomes usable (e.g. if it takes you some time to get through all the notarization red tape - in a foreign country where it's difficult, impossible, or expensive to get something notarized). Then they pocket the setup fee even if the account was never usable.

thumbs down for ECM.

Originally Posted by RedLineTrain

Does anybody have a solution for a Spain address? Bongo International appears to be a good service for what I need, but its EU address is in Belgium. Earth Class Mail only has U.S. addresses.

Here's a good comparison of mail scanning services worldwide. Unfortunately, there is nothing in Spain. But there is a free (a la carte) service in the U.K.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:11 pm

Thumbs up mail forwarding service

I can recommend http://elliott-and-elliott-enterprises.com Work for me. Address is in Texas
Old Oct 31, 2011, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by RedLineTrain

I'm also looking for Spain mail forwarding... found only BusinessPalma with 8€/mo.

I'd prefer PAYG solution (like Shipito.com or UKPostBox.com).. anyone?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:47 am

Programs: QF Plat, KL Plat, TK Gold, WY Gold, Bonvoy Tit
I'm using swisspostbox.com, run by the Swiss Post - they have addresses available in CH, AT, DE, FR, IT. Their interface has gone downhill over the last 2 months since they have switched away from the previous earth class mail interface, but the service works.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:32 pm

Comparison Page

Here is a nice site that summarizes the plans of the major mail forwarding service providers: http://postalmailforwarding.com

I have been using mailboxforwarding.com to forward mail to various addresses outside the US for the last few months and have been pleased with it.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:46 am

ReShip.com

I know this is an old post, but I thought I'd weigh in if anyone else is still searching. After moving from the U.S. to Canada, I used a variety of package forwarding services but was never quite satisfied. However, I recently discovered ReShip.com and have been using them ever since. I still receive a lot of mail in the U.S. (as well as shop from U.S. stores that won't ship to Canada), so I use them quite a bit. In the beginning I paid $5 per package shipped, but upgraded to $30 per month for unlimited forwarding.

The few shipping issues I've had have been immediately cleared up by the their customer support. I would highly recommend them.

- John Logue
Old Jan 15, 2012, 9:17 am

Based on my experience, www.travelingmailbox.com is much better than Earth Class Mail. The company offers MUCH lower prices and the customer service is certainly better. I have also been pleased with the interface which offers nearly identical services as ECM. I spoke to the company President and was pleased to learn of their many security features as well.

It is my opinion Traveling Mailbox will be taking lots of customers from ECM

Mike
Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold
anyone know the current rates for UPS box at a store? I only need a few things forwarded a year, but I need an address in a specific city. Do they vary by location?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by trach500
anyone know the current rates for UPS box at a store? I only need a few things forwarded a year, but I need an address in a specific city. Do they vary by location?
They all seem to have the same headline rates, but I think some of the individual franchise owners will do a deal - if you are good at negotiating.
Old May 3, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA CO DL NW UA US
Originally Posted by Mike6453
Based on my experience, www.travelingmailbox.com is much better than Earth Class Mail. ....
It is my opinion Traveling Mailbox will be taking lots of customers from ECM
If only they had SFO street address, I might be on board too! Prices do look good.
Old May 3, 2012, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by trach500
The UPS Store box is expensive, depending on the location. I rented one and it was $125 per quarter.(around $40 a month) I ditched it after realizing I had not need for their "extra" services. Went a mile down the road to the Post Office and got a medium size(around 5X11) for only $49 per half year.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:04 pm

Any service besides http://www.ukpostbox.com/ and http://www.post.ch/en/post-swisspostbox without any monthly fees?

Do you have a promo code for http://www.post.ch/en/post-swisspostbox ?

It can be anywhere in the world, really. Any service in Asia?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.