Mail Forwarding services

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mail Forwarding services

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by 678flyer
Paperlessmail has responded on their mail forwarding charges - "We pass on our expenses for retrieving the mailpieces from our storage facility and for preparing and shipping the items. We charge a handling fee of $4.95 for the first mailpiece then $1.95 for each additional mailpiece. We then pass on the actual charges for the shipping method you choose (FedEx Ground, FedEx Express, or USPS First Class Mail)." So not exactly cheap, unless you are happy with a scanning only solution.

I have decided to try out Mailforwarding.com with their first month free offer.
After 5 years with mailboxforwarding.com, I am happy to report that I am still with them. While the rate is now $15 per month, I am still on the rate I signed up with, $10. Service remains excellent, haven't had to reach out to support in a long time now. Forwarding charges are also quite reasonable.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by GarlicFlyer
I have used Earthclassmail for a few years now. Overall good, but on the bad side they changed my Oregon address on short notice, and I have noticed a lot of price increases since first joining. I also found they sometimes offer coupons on their Twitter feed.
Same here. They haven't changed my Seattle address on me, but they do seem to be a lot more expensive than they used to be for new customers. On the bright side, the mail scanning is super handy and I've never had any trouble with them losing mail, leaking personal information or failing to scan.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:03 am

http://www.oregonlive.com/silicon-fo..._a_highly.html

Seems that Earthclass has filed bankruptcy, though may be sold.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by koreth
This exact text, identical to the word, was also posted by a user named Mike6453 in a thread on the Four Hour Workweek discussion board two weeks before it was posted here: http://fourhourworkweek.com/vBulleti...ead.php?t=5970

The VP of business development for Traveling Mailbox is named Mike Puckett.

Maybe just a coincidence.
I'm betting it's no coincidence... I am a real customer of Traveling Mailbox and #1 the customer service is not great... rude even... and #2 the interface looks like it is from the 90's, and not sure I feel good about their security considering I got someone elses mail in my box once.

Not to mention billing practices that remind me of most cell phone/cable companies. If it was not so much work to change services and addresses I would. The customer most certainly is not always right at Traveling Mailbox. (see conversation below) It's like they know its a lot of work to change services so they know they don't have to provide good service.

I have the 80 scans a month package. ($25) I needed more scans for a single month because of some large policy documents. So I wanted to pay $55 for the 180 scans package for a single month. That is not allowed. I must pay $55 for 2 months before I can downgrade again. Upon telling the rep I felt this was sleazy billing tactics I expect from phone companies, he proceeded to call me sleazy. Never mind the fact I pay for 80 scans a month a usually use like 40, and I need 180 for a single month and they want to bill me $60 extra and then call me sleazy for only wanting to pay what is perfectly fair.

Other complaints: I wound up with someone else's mail in my box once. When you choose to scan all mail, they don't bother scanning oddly shaped things like credit card terms, and there is no way to know if they just deciding not to scan part of your mail.

Ben
your faq says "Note: You may upgrade your plan at any time to avoid these charges."

it doesn't say, you have to keep the upgrade for 2 months

that's the sort of sleazy tactics I expect from a cell phone company...

you guys really want to nickel and dime like that?

Traveling mailbox Support Rep
No what you are trying to do is sleazy in my opinion. You are trying to downgrade your account instead of paying the full overage
Old May 21, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Just chiming in that I've been using Virtual Post Mail since Sept 2014 and can report great service. I compared the different companies quite exhaustively before pulling the trigger and have no regrets.
Old May 24, 2015, 6:37 am

For virtual mail, how do you find their international mail prices? For shipping to Europe of 12 small envelopes in one envelope with USPS Economy, it seems that I have been paying about 28 USD with earthclassmail. A single letter generally has been around 7 USD.
Old May 25, 2015, 12:06 pm

For virtual mail, how do you find their international mail prices? For shipping to Europe of 12 small envelopes in one envelope with USPS Economy, it seems that I have been paying about 28 USD with earthclassmail. A single letter generally has been around 7 USD.
It depends on the size and weight of your envelopes, but sending a 1 oz envelope international costs $5 for USPS first class with VPM.
Old May 28, 2015, 4:55 am

I used to have a virtual street address at virtual post mail. I heard they were the best in the market, so I signed up for their virtual mail service. The service was okay but it was expensive. I got a street address in Walnut. I used their premium package and paid almost $60 for the maximum scans they offer. I thought that is all. Unfortunately, I realized later that they don’t keep mail after 60 days, so I had to forward my mail regularly which cost me a lot of money. Now I use post scan mail, another service provider. I pay only $40 for their premium, plus street address fees which this time I picked. It is in San Francisco. Post scan mail provide physical storage which is a life saver. I keep my items as long as I wish for free and then I consolidate and ship later, which saves me a lot of money.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:30 pm

I tried traveling mailbox n I picked a NY address then I learned that all of my mail goes to NY then it is sent to the processing center in NC so my mail has taken up to 2 weeks to be scanned n when I complained they blamed it on the regular postal office.

Originally Posted by HollyW00d
It sounds to me that you are just someone who could not be pleased. I have had nothing but good experiences. Their support is available 7 days a week and I my mail is scanning in the same day or by the next day ALWAYS! .. including weekends!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:30 am

I am setting up a mail forwarding service, and have a question about filling out PS Form 1583, in box 7, "applicant home address". Since I am traveling, I won't have a permanent address. My house is set to be rented out soon. Can I put down the address of my rental house? I want to make sure post office does not send a letter to that address. I believe that's what they do in the event of an address change request.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:35 am

Has anyone got any more feedback for any of these? I need a US to Europe mailbox so my bank can send me mail - the friend whose mailing address I've used previously is moving.

Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2015, 12:02 am

http://www.oregonlive.com/silicon-fo..._a_highly.html

Seems that Earthclass has filed bankruptcy, though may be sold.
Yeah, though they are still operating. The service has been good, but they are changing the Seattle address, which will be a pain. They also keep adding fees onto their service, though I have been grandfathered out of most of them. I'm going to give other services a look, since I have to deal with the address change anyway.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Originally Posted by James91
Has anyone got any more feedback for any of these? I need a US to Europe mailbox so my bank can send me mail - the friend whose mailing address I've used previously is moving.

Thanks!
I was a total skeptic but I've been using virtual post mail for a few years now and still love it, never had a problem, get stuff forwarded to me every now and then and it's been a perfectly awesome boring no-drama service.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Originally Posted by BenB42
BenB42

Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Originally Posted by Dody Elzamalkawya Uwk

Dody Elzamalkawya Uwk

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.