Reload this Page >

Mobilese and CPH Travel Wifi

Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-10-month.html

The above thread came at the right time for me and I am benefiting from the US Mobile iPass now during a trip to PVG.

However, the same thread made reference to CPH Travel Wifi. I had CC issues which put me in touch with their IT and eventually I got a voucher from Mobilise. Their web is www.mobilesehotspots.com

Although Mobilise does a good job with picking up airport hotspots, I could not get it to work on my iP7 or iPad Pro2 to connect on Gogo flying OKC-DTW then DTW-PVG.

Has anyone else been able to connect to DL Gogo using either Mobilise or CPH Travel Wifi (which is produced by Mobilese)?

Last edited by Xeno; Sep 15, 2017 at 6:45 pm
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:04 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by Xeno
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-10-month.html

The above thread came at the right time for me and I am benefiting from the US Mobile iPass now during a trip to PVG.

However, the same thread made reference to CPH Travel Wifi. I had CC issues which put me in touch with their IT and eventually I got a voucher from Mobilise. Their web is www.mobilesehotspots.com

Although Mobilise does a good job with picking up airport hotspots, I could not get it to work on my iP7 or iPad Pro2 to connect on Gogo flying OKC-DTW then DTW-PVG.

Has anyone else been able to connect to DL Gogo using either Mobilise or CPH Travel Wifi (which is produced by Mobilese)?
Thanks for the link info. Definitely need to get confirmation if this works on Gogo inflight, that's critical.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Having just returned home from China, I wonder if Mobilise and by extension the CPH Travel Wifi does more than hotspots.

Mobilise is very good to find hotspots in an airport. However, my four flights never made a connection to Gogo for things like email, web browsing, and social media. These flights were OKC-DTW-PVG, PVG-DTW-OKC and I was using an iP7 and an iPad Pro2.

One could say that on these DL flights that Mobilise connected to a Gogo hotspot but only in the sense that we can always connect to Gogo for free to use the Delta app or Delta Studio. By contrast, the US Mobile iPass worked on all these flights.

Once in China, I sent an email to the Mobilise IT team asking them to clarify their mission or explain why these particular flights were not on their list.

I hope what I saw on this trip is not universal and in fact that they live up to their own claim, namely "Access premium in-flight Wi-Fi on 2,700+ aircraft in North America, and on many flights with Etihad, Virgin Atlantic, JAL, Lufthansa, KLM, Airfrance, Singapore Airline."
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:02 am

Thanks for the follow-up, exactly the info I'm looking for as well. iPass worked on Delta Gogo for me, Mobilise is "supposed" to be by the same folks but sold as a subscription for multiple devices. But the on-board wifi is key!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:38 pm

Having just returned home from China, I wonder if Mobilise and by extension the CPH Travel Wifi does more than hotspots.

Mobilise is very good to find hotspots in an airport. However, my four flights never made a connection to Gogo for things like email, web browsing, and social media. These flights were OKC-DTW-PVG, PVG-DTW-OKC and I was using an iP7 and an iPad Pro2.

One could say that on these DL flights that Mobilise connected to a Gogo hotspot but only in the sense that we can always connect to Gogo for free to use the Delta app or Delta Studio. By contrast, the US Mobile iPass worked on all these flights.

Once in China, I sent an email to the Mobilise IT team asking them to clarify their mission or explain why these particular flights were not on their list.

I hope what I saw on this trip is not universal and in fact that they live up to their own claim, namely "Access premium in-flight Wi-Fi on 2,700+ aircraft in North America, and on many flights with Etihad, Virgin Atlantic, JAL, Lufthansa, KLM, Airfrance, Singapore Airline."
That is not really useful...
So from your DP, it makes more sense to iPass right
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PayItForward
That is not really useful...
So from your DP, it makes more sense to iPass right
I am still interacting with the Mobilise IT department and will be testing everything this week with flights from OKC to LAX and back. I will report how this turns out one way or another.

As far as I know they have also not resolved the credit card issue either.

Certainly for the immediate future I am going to keep my US Mobile iPass active as it has yet to fail me.
PayItForward likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:53 am

I am still interacting with the Mobilise IT department and will be testing everything this week with flights from OKC to LAX and back. I will report how this turns out one way or another.

As far as I know they have also not resolved the credit card issue either.

Certainly for the immediate future I am going to keep my US Mobile iPass active as it has yet to fail me.
Can you let us know if it worked please?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fusionblue
Can you let us know if it worked please?
I was only able to test Mobilise on the LAX-ATL flight with my iPad Pro2. This was a 777-200. Again the results were the same that I saw on my flight to/from PVG (RJ9, 744).

That is, in-inflight Wifi using the Mobilise app only gave me access to free services like the DL app and DL Studio.

I sent a report to Mobilise support after this last episode and have yet to hear from them. Mobilise has been responsive but I need them to clarify the claims about premium in-flight Wifi on their web.

By contrast, iPass worked ad advertised by getting me to premium Gogo in-flight but apparently the US Mobile $10 iPass promotion is gone.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:19 pm

I was only able to test Mobilise on the LAX-ATL flight with my iPad Pro2. This was a 777-200. Again the results were the same that I saw on my flight to/from PVG (RJ9, 744).

That is, in-inflight Wifi using the Mobilise app only gave me access to free services like the DL app and DL Studio.

I sent a report to Mobilise support after this last episode and have yet to hear from them. Mobilise has been responsive but I need them to clarify the claims about premium in-flight Wifi on their web.

By contrast, iPass worked ad advertised by getting me to premium Gogo in-flight but apparently the US Mobile $10 iPass promotion is gone.
I think I jumped the gun by buying a 6 month plan from Mobilise given your experience.... This is especially true since Delta just announced free texting (Apps) on all their planes that has wifi!
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PayItForward
I think I jumped the gun by buying a 6 month plan from Mobilise given your experience.... This is especially true since Delta just announced free texting (Apps) on all their planes that has wifi!
I hope you prove my tests wrong. I would love to see this work as it would be a great solution for so many of us.

BTW, did you buy this with a USA CC?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:15 am

In case you all didn't see it, Delta is offering free wifi messaging on all flights starting this weekend.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:55 am

I hope you prove my tests wrong. I would love to see this work as it would be a great solution for so many of us.

BTW, did you buy this with a USA CC?
Nope. SG Credit card. It failed at first. Wrote in and was told they had to unblock SG cards and upon retry, the transaction went through.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CommentatusMaximus
In case you all didn't see it, Delta is offering free wifi messaging on all flights starting this weekend.
I posted in both of the FT DL threads about this announcement which I saw early yesterday on a DL tweet.

This is certainly good news but with all my international trips I need regular Wifi like we get with iPass on various airlines, airports, etc. In theory Mobilise provides the same service and I look forward to someone confirming that they can access premium in-flight Wifi.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Unhappy

Could not get it to work with Mobilise on a MD-88 MCO-CVG flight, gogoinlight was a secure network according the app (Android phone). No CAPTCHA screen and premium Gogo as happens with iPass. So only the free services like the DL app and DL Studio.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Titanium
Not Delta, but CPH did not work on my Austrian flight VIE-MUC today. FlyNet showed iPass login, but CPH app did not connect and credentials did not work with iPass directly through the browser.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.