FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mobilese and CPH Travel Wifi
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:33 pm
Xeno

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Having just returned home from China, I wonder if Mobilise and by extension the CPH Travel Wifi does more than hotspots.

Mobilise is very good to find hotspots in an airport. However, my four flights never made a connection to Gogo for things like email, web browsing, and social media. These flights were OKC-DTW-PVG, PVG-DTW-OKC and I was using an iP7 and an iPad Pro2.

One could say that on these DL flights that Mobilise connected to a Gogo hotspot but only in the sense that we can always connect to Gogo for free to use the Delta app or Delta Studio. By contrast, the US Mobile iPass worked on all these flights.

Once in China, I sent an email to the Mobilise IT team asking them to clarify their mission or explain why these particular flights were not on their list.

I hope what I saw on this trip is not universal and in fact that they live up to their own claim, namely "Access premium in-flight Wi-Fi on 2,700+ aircraft in North America, and on many flights with Etihad, Virgin Atlantic, JAL, Lufthansa, KLM, Airfrance, Singapore Airline."