Reload this Page >

Mobilese and CPH Travel Wifi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mobilese and CPH Travel Wifi

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:52 am

Has anyone tried it on Singapore Airlines?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
Originally Posted by PayItForward
I had the same horrible experience. Have asked for a refund for my subscription. This is test-book false advertising! The age-old saying "if it sounds too good to be true...."
Same here. This does not work anywhere except on free wifi hotspots.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Just signed up directly with Mobilese after reading about it on a blog... and before reading this thread.
Blog did report this seems to work smoothly for LH.
Does this really not work especially on European and intercontinental LH/LX flights? Then I would go ahead and ask for a refund.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:01 am

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jak456
Recently flew AMS-SLC-LAS-SLC-AMS on DL and tried the CPH Travel Wifi on iOS.

On AMS-SLC, the app did not recognize the gogoinflight WiFi as a CPH wifi hotspot. I connected nevertheless. Messenger was working from the start after being activated in the browser - as expected, it is free on DL. After a while, I started to receive emails as well as News items on Google News and Google app. Web-browsing was impossible due to extremely low speed.

Same on SLC-LAS with the one difference that the speed was much better and I could even access some of the websites in Chrome.

On the way back, I slept

Net, the CPH Travel Wifi app seems to be able to connect to internet even though it does not list gogoinflight as a CPH hotspot. However, connection is super slow on TATL making it useless for everything but email and getting news headlines.
I installed the CPH App on my iPhone but I am unable to find any App/instruction for my Windows (10) PC Am I just to dumb?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
Just tested it on MIA-ZRH with LX and it didn't work. Didn't recognize that it was a CPH network Also it dropped out from my account inside the CPH app, and of course unable to log-in again as no wifi connection. Anyone been able to successfully get this working?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
By all indications, any third-party access to Gogo is dead, unless you have a corporate agreement with iPass.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
By all indications, any third-party access to Gogo is dead, unless you have a corporate agreement with iPass.
And several of us are having issues using iPass even with corporate accounts. See link below. I must fly to a funeral this week so we'll see what happens.

In terms of Mobilese and CPH Travel, I gave up on them a loooong time ago.

IPass Wifi failures on DL
Old Feb 11, 2018, 5:59 pm

I tried it on 3 different Singapore Airlines flights and a Scoot flight and didn't manage to get it working once. In all fairness they did issue a refund when requested and I even tried Boingo WiFi which is billed per minute at US$0.23 (not bad for 1 hours usage US$13.80 but a whole flight can be costly) but it didn't work either.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 12:11 am

Works well in Europe

I have been using the CPHTravelWifi service for several months now and works well around Europe, I have heard of tocuh and go experiences using GoGo in North America but if you can confirm with your airline that they have inflight and which service provider they use then chances are you'll be good to go. Pricing for CPH is great and we'll worth it.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:33 am

have you been using it for inflight wifi? CPH has cancelled their service with ipass... So you can no longer access iPass inflight wifi. Anyone else having the same problem?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:39 am

I don't see any notifications from CPH it's been stopped or had an email, where did you see that? I'm still using the service but haven't flown inflight for a while. I think this service is provided by Mobilese in any case.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:45 am

for certain inflight wifi's (swiss) iPass credentials are needed to log-in. This is what I got from CPH a couple of weeks ago: "We regret to inform you that we do not provide any iPass credentials anymore."
The iPass app though still works.

Chris
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:40 am

Found a way to retrieve the iPass account data without going through iPass or Mobilise Support: https://felix.kaechele.ca/blog/retri...s-credentials/
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:58 am

you are a genius! thank you so much
Old Jul 10, 2018, 12:22 am

Once you retrieve the iPass credentials, does it work for gogo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.