Bose QC35 Released: Wireless and USB Rechargeable

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold

Found these
Bose QC35 Bose QC35
on Amazon as "recommended" this morning and came here to see if anyone had tried them yet but didn't turn anything up.

Seems like the highlights over the QC25s are Bluetooth, recharging over USB with 20-hour battery life, and a built-in hidden mic. Retail is $349.

I just ordered a pair and will report back.

Last edited by gfunkdave; Jun 5, 2016 at 1:40 pm Reason: Removed affiliate link
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
yes, these were just un-embargoed today actually. I don't think anyone will have tried them unless they are press or tech bloggers..

personally, going to BT wasn't what I needed and certainly not at the loss of overall battery life, but maybe it opens up new users and markets for bose - but at higher prices even than historical QC's, probably not much more of a market
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Scifience
Found these new wireless QC35s on Amazon as "recommended" this morning and came here to see if anyone had tried them yet but didn't turn anything up.

Seems like the highlights over the QC25s are Bluetooth, recharging over USB with 20-hour battery life, and a built-in hidden mic. Retail is $349.

I just ordered a pair and will report back.
I'm not sure I'd be happy with rechargeable-only headphones. I'm not worried so much about the fact that they're rechargeable as that it's not possible for the consumer to replace the battery once it's exceeded it's maximum charge cycles.

It took me 9 years to wear out my QC2s, and I'm pretty sure the battery in the QC35s will be well past its useful life after a similar amount of time.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:51 pm

I have the qc25 with the Btunes. Really want to know if it's worth it to pick these up. Looks like it's can be used wired as well.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just picked mine up at Best Buy. Noise cancellation is a little better than my 25's. Bluetooth range is great, pairing can be done using NFC. I can't get the Bose Connect app working on my Nexus 6P. Love that they are rechargeable as I go through a ton of AAA's.

Very happy with this unexpected Sunday purchase
Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
They also announced the QC30 which are the in-ear model, but with a lower 10 hour battery life . Estimated release date of September, RRP of $299.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:26 pm

Interesting. I have a pair of their SoundTrue on ear headphones which sound good to me but hurt my head after awhile. I had been considering getting the QC25s but I wonder if these are worth the extra 50 bucks.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vletnguyen
I have the qc25 with the Btunes. Really want to know if it's worth it to pick these up. Looks like it's can be used wired as well.
I also have Btunes. I can't see the value prop of this over the Btunes, to be honest. I've done calls on the Btunes and they were okay, according to the other parties, but I prefer wired as my primary.

Originally Posted by docbert
They also announced the QC30 which are the in-ear model, but with a lower 10 hour battery life . Estimated release date of September, RRP of $299.
I'm much more interested in these. I've been going back and forth over whether I should get those similar LG headsets, but noise cancelling kicks it up a notch.

Last edited by gobluetwo; Jun 5, 2016 at 8:49 pm
Old Jun 6, 2016, 2:50 am

Programs: DL, SPG, UA.
I have the QC20 and hate the dongle at the end of the cord, so really interested in the QC30. It seems as though it doesn't have a corded option (only on the QC35). Doesnt bode well for the times i want to use IFE. Plus i have gotten really used to the size of the QC20 carrying case. The QC30 looks a lot larger and bulkier to carry.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by jalm1
I have the QC20 and hate the dongle at the end of the cord, so really interested in the QC30. It seems as though it doesn't have a corded option (only on the QC35). Doesnt bode well for the times i want to use IFE. Plus i have gotten really used to the size of the QC20 carrying case. The QC30 looks a lot larger and bulkier to carry.
I started to use the qc20 more for traveling because of the size of it as well, I just wished the dongle was higher up or have more line to plug into device.

I never liked the collar look with the LG ear buds but to each their own.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:47 pm

Anyone have any info on trading in my QC 25s for these? I bought my QC 25 about eight months ago, they are in great shape. In the past, Bose has had a great trade-up program.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 4:37 am

Picked up a pair yesterday from one of Bose's stores here in Sydney for A$449, very happy with the purchase.
I'd say sound quality is on-par/ slightly better than my current wireless headphones, the sennheiser urbanite XL wireless. Super comfortable with a nice low profile. App is very handy for managing multiple connected devices, juggling between an iPhone, macbook, windows desktop, and sony tablet without a hitch. Haven't used the QC25s before or any NC headphones for that matter, so can't compare, but the NC on these are a revelation, changes the game on commutes.
Will really put these to the test on a trip/MR coming up this week with a little over 30 flights over 5 weeks.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 5:35 pm

I am snooping around for a pair of mean noise cancelling cans.
I have considered the Bose but I think I'll go with the Plantronics Backbeat Pro. They have much better sound than Bose cans. I mean, it's Bose for god's sake, might as well buy Beats by Dre. Or save yourself lots of time and just flush $300 down the toilet .

The Bose QC does has slightly better noise cancellation, which I find really important, but not so much better to justify having ...... audio, or a $100 premium.

Old Jun 24, 2016, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by rekopter
Anyone have any info on trading in my QC 25s for these? I bought my QC 25 about eight months ago, they are in great shape. In the past, Bose has had a great trade-up program.
I called Bose (Canada) support today to ask about trading in my very old and worn out QC-2's for these. The QC35 is not currently available on the trade-in program.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Ex. PLT, Delta Diamond
I purchased a pair of the QC35's from Best Buy and they are great. I think they are the best wireless noise cancelling headphone around. I tried Beats and I really wanted them to work but to much hissing can be heard when the volume is low. I used these on a 6 hr flight and they were awesome. The only problem I have is that they are not as comfortable as my QC15's. I also think the noise cancelling on the QC15 is slightly better. If you want wireless then go with the QC35. But if you don't want to spend $349 and are looking for something cheaper but just as good (wired), then I suggest you go with the QC15. You can get them from COSTCO approx $200.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.