Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bose QC35 Released: Wireless and USB Rechargeable

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
I appreciate the review, but isn't the lack of a wire THE primary feature of these headphones?

On that note, though, I do love the Bluetooth adapter for my QC25's. Agree with all your points and benefits of not having a wire in the way.
You are correct, but the difference is so night-and-day for someone as tangled as me that just hearing "there's no wire" really doesn't do the feature justice.

I have friends who have their wires all organized and never seem to be tangled up. This feature really won't improve their lives very much. I'm not them, so for me, this is the killer feature that's hiding in plain sight
Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
I do love the Bluetooth adapter for my QC25's
That adapter is really nice, but for me not having that thing twisting around (on the 15s at least) or being afraid it will snap off is great. Really, it's all so minor. It wasn't too long ago there was no consumer noise cancelling, and we just had those stupid tube headphones the airline provided. I'll take my QC15 or QC35 over nothing any day ^
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:48 pm
KCZ

Random observation

I just discovered that these do nothing to cancel the sound of a downpour on the roof. Having them over my ears muffles the noise a bit, but there is no cancellation effect. I can also hear thunder pretty clearly.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by KCZ
I just discovered that these do nothing to cancel the sound of a downpour on the roof. Having them over my ears muffles the noise a bit, but there is no cancellation effect. I can also hear thunder pretty clearly.
Turn on some light music.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 2:22 am
-DSH-

Programs: BDDC Gold, MR Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, EK Plat
This product has been out for a month or two now, can anyone please comment on how they find them two months in? My ear cups of my QC15s are worn down and begging to be replaced, and thought I may as well upgrade to QC35. Especially if anyone has had QC15s in the past, would love to hear from you.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 11:37 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Is it worth the extra $50 for the QC35's instead of the QC25's? Thinking of buying either pair so tell me which you'd take.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 11:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Is it worth the extra $50 for the QC35's instead of the QC25's? Thinking of buying either pair so tell me which you'd take.
Wireless isn't great IMO so I'd skip it. QC25s here.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Thanks for the quick reply, I will look into them.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
What does that mean?IMO based on what?

QC35 are as good sound wise (or better) and they are wireless.
There are no connection issues so I can't see why when you spend $300 already to not spend another $50 to get the freedom from wires.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by michalis
What does that mean?IMO based on what?

QC35 are as good sound wise (or better) and they are wireless.
There are no connection issues so I can't see why when you spend $300 already to not spend another $50 to get the freedom from wires.
Until they charge themselves from sunlight or the all-pervasive aether, you're not experiencing "freedom from wires."

And sound quality is entirely subjective, so "IMO" is a completely reasonable basis for that statement.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They don't have the same sound profile of the QC25s when used in wireless mode. Here's a rather simple explanation why:

http://www.cnet.com/news/can-aptx-gi...ver-bluetooth/

The bottom line is this: Bose QC35s are SBC, not aptX. Though the phones themselves may have the same sound profile as the non-Bluetooth QC25, when used wireless, you're listening to significantly degraded audio. If you listen to music from your phone (which is a general purpose device and doesn't deliver HD audio), listening over Bluetooth will degrade the audio but you probably won't notice. On the other, if, like me, you use an HD player (I have a Fiio X5ii), you most certainly will notice the difference between Bluetooth and wired.

Bose phones are only so-so with respect to sound quality, but industry-leading noise cancellation is a worthwhile trade-off (and no other active noise-cancellation phones have better audio quality). However, Bose's implementation of Bluetooth only transforms them from so-so phones to wireless considerably-less-than-so-so phones. This may not matter to many people, but I think everyone should know exactly what it is that they're buying.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: American AAdvantage
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Although I recently bought the QC25 for the ability to replace the battery on the fly, the QC35 would be a preferable option if you're looking to purchase a smartphone which requires an adapter to connect to a wired headphone.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Sant
Although I recently bought the QC25 for the ability to replace the battery on the fly, the QC35 would be a preferable option if you're looking to purchase a smartphone which requires an adapter to connect to a wired headphone.
You all have valid points for pros and cons between the 25's and 35's, my deciding factor will be whether or not I'm in the mood to spend $50 extra.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:35 am

Charging them once every couple of weeks sounds pretty much like freedom to me.
The problem is that batteries tend to go dead while you're using them. And you can't use the QC35s when you're recharging them. On the other hand, a fresh AAA immediately brings the QC25s back to life.

That's freedom to me.

May I suggest you use a battery charger permanently attached to your phone via a charging cable since it's no big deal to you obviously.
Battery life on my phone is actually pretty outstanding. But I still plan for extended periods in the air by making sure it's appropriately charged before I board.

You have the option of using the cable too if you want to be wired.
And if I want to be wired, I can save at least $50 as well.

As for the "IMO" it's not subjective when they have pretty much exactly the same sound profile as the QC25s that he/she suggests.
See PTravel's excellent response.

Last edited by gfunkdave; Sep 15, 2016 at 11:44 am Reason: Removed personal exchange
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:20 am

I've owned both the qc25 and the qc35. The qc35 are superior by leaps and bounds for my usage. The wireless is incredible. That feature alone is worth an additional $200 to me. I think it's rather crazy to get the wired version. Keep in mind that the 35s come with a wire which doubles your battery time to 40 hours. I can't imagine needing to use these headphones for 40 hours without having an opportunity to charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.