Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iphone 6 discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Aileron
I heard that VZW will give me $200 for my 4S. (I also heard that the other carriers have similar programs.)

Can you do this at the Apple Store or do you need to go to VZW?
You have to do this through VZW, the trade-in has nothing to do with Apple. As I understand it, you'll get $200 for an iPhone 4, 4S, 5 or 5c and $300 for an iPhone 5S. Heckuva great deal for those old iPhone4/4S!

Go here to check out the current bonus trade-in values: verizonwireless.com/tradein
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by CatJo
Go here to check out the current bonus trade-in values: verizonwireless.com/tradein
I checked the 4 devices my wife and kids are currently using. They are worth a collective $4.

Also - if you want to pre-order more than 1 iP6 from Verzon, on the Edge financing plan, be prepared for an hour in the store (don't even bother on-line, it took me another hour to give up), and spinning heads of the sales reps, store manager, "experts", etc. After multiple phone calls, I still ended up with two accounts, each with an order for 1 phone, with no discounts, for a combined $360/month. They say they'll merge/sort it all out when the phones arrive.

One of the reasons I'm spending the few extra $$ with Vz (TMo, you lost me when you dropped the corporate discounts) was the reputation/rating/surveys on customer service. Everyone was very nice/tried very hard, but I wasn't impressed. And that's coming from Sprint....
Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The 6+ has more of a premium (in absolute terms and in percentage terms) in the gray market than the 6?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The 6+ has more of a premium (in absolute terms and in percentage terms) in the gray market than the 6?
Is that a question or a statement?

Regards
Old Sep 15, 2014, 11:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by scubadu
Is that a question or a statement?

Regards
A question. Someone wants me to pick up a bunch of new ones for resale purposes, but said just to go with whatever is going to provide a greater return (per dollar spent on them) when flipping them.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by CPRich
I checked the 4 devices my wife and kids are currently using. They are worth a collective $4.
Hmm strange - is everyone pre-iPhone 4? I double-checked now, for an iPhone 4, answered Yes to all the questions, and was given a total trade-in value of $200.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Hmm strange - is everyone pre-iPhone 4? I double-checked now, for an iPhone 4, answered Yes to all the questions, and was given a total trade-in value of $200.
What carrier? For the 4, I'd expect Verizon ones to be worth substantially less than GSM ones.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by nkedel
What carrier? For the 4, I'd expect Verizon ones to be worth substantially less than GSM ones.
True, but during this promotion, Verizon is offering a flat $200 for ANY iPhone 4 (8 or 16Gb, any carrier) that is in good condition (no cracks, etc.). Great deal, IMHO, especially if one wants to get an iPhone 6 anyway.

Check that trade-in link I posted earlier and you'll see that all iPhone 4 and up models get a minimum of $200 trade-in value.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Yes, antediluvian "feature" phones. They'll be experiencing quite a step up.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:52 pm

Programs: AS
True, but during this promotion, Verizon is offering a flat $200 for ANY iPhone 4 (8 or 16Gb, any carrier) that is in good condition (no cracks, etc.). Great deal, IMHO, especially if one wants to get an iPhone 6 anyway.

Check that trade-in link I posted earlier and you'll see that all iPhone 4 and up models get a minimum of $200 trade-in value.
That is a very good offer for an iPhone 4.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GUWonder
T-mobile's network is more spotty for me than ATT's network. The TMobile GBM SIM allowing for WIFI calling helps a lot in closing the gap with ATT's wider network. That is probably a window into why TMO is in more of a rush than ATT to have this.
Yes, I hear that is generally the case. In fact, I think I just happen to live in one of the only cities / areas of city where T-Mobile gets better reception than ATT.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I live 25 minutes from MSN. I am dumping ATT for US Cellular. I spend too much time in rural areas here and my phone turns into a brick.

I'll have a Note 3 (with a wireless charging cover) and some wireless chargers to sell in a few days. Going back to iOS.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:10 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Current ATT customer, looking to go to a iphone 6... already on mobile share so will go with the NEXT plan.. are the incentives I'm seeing available to existing customers?
ie: tradein for existing iphone ($200 for iphone 4) and the $100 credit for signing up for NEXT? Also do I have to buy direct from ATT or can I go through the Apple store?

Thanks
FDW
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: some
I did pre-order a 6+ a couple of days ago. If I could now only get a) a quick delivery and b) a trade-in programm as the one from verizon...
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Current ATT customer, looking to go to a iphone 6... already on mobile share so will go with the NEXT plan.. are the incentives I'm seeing available to existing customers?
ie: tradein for existing iphone ($200 for iphone 4) and the $100 credit for signing up for NEXT? Also do I have to buy direct from ATT or can I go through the Apple store?
I believe AT&T has pretty much the same incentives as Verizon. You should get $200 for the iPhone 4 trade-in; the $100 credit for NEXT only applies to adding a new line of service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.