Anyone here excited for WP7?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone here excited for WP7?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by adambadam
I want MS to succeed
Why?
Old Oct 23, 2010, 11:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
The stories of apps not being able to stay suspended though when locked is the most depressing.
Sure these aren't just app problems? I read a few reviews, and saw one that mentioned this, but they didn't point out what app they were using.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nkedel
Why?
I think they have several great products out that blow away the competition and I would love to have them integrated into my mobile handset. Office, Live Mesh (document syncing), XBox live and gaming. Zune, especially if you are Zune pass user is also a great feature.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
I think they have several great products out that blow away the competition and I would love to have them integrated into my mobile handset. Office, Live Mesh (document syncing), XBox live and gaming. Zune, especially if you are Zune pass user is also a great feature.
Thanks, makes sense from that perspective.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 2:45 am

Anyone actually using WP7 here? Care to do a mini review? I like the Desire HD...powered by Froyo but not sure if I go with WP7 instead.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
Originally Posted by Takire
Anyone actually using WP7 here? Care to do a mini review? I like the Desire HD...powered by Froyo but not sure if I go with WP7 instead.
WP7 is not available until Nov 8th at the earliest.

And it's always a bad idea to buy a first version of Microsoft anything. I always wait until service pack 1 or revision 1 has been released before jumping in.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Interesting thing will be to see how prices hold up.

Droid got off to a big start, with lots of TV advertising.

But in a couple of months, they were offering BOGO and then eventually $99 down from $199.

Other hot Android phones have followed a similar trajectory, while iPhone kept prices the same, which may be part of the reason Android made a lot of gains in the months leading to the release of the iPhone 4.

Question is whether WP7 phones will hold their initial release prices.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Amazon and Wirefly are already offering a $30 discount over what T-Mobile is advertising. Membership Wireless is offering a $50 Costco gift card for buying the HD7.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wco81
Question is whether WP7 phones will hold their initial release prices.
I doubt it, for one thing, unlike the iPhone, though similar to Android, there will be multiple WP7 phones on the market competing against each other to help drive down prices.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by UALOneKPlus
WP7 is not available until Nov 8th at the earliest.
And it's always a bad idea to buy a first version of Microsoft anything. I always wait until service pack 1 or revision 1 has been released before jumping in.
Already on sale in the UK and didn't exactly launch with a bang

Originally Posted by Evening Standard
They are billed as the handsets that could topple the iPhone.

Yet as Microsoft's Windows 7 phones went on sale this morning, there was not a queue in sight.

When Orange opened its Oxford Street store early at 7am, it marked the kick-off of a marketing campaign costing hundreds of millions of pounds — but just a handful of people were waiting to buy the new phones.
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...uter-jungle.do

Although it may have been the fact that Johnny Vaughan was arriving that kept the crowds away.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Have there been any TV commercials? Supposedly they have a huge marketing budget, in the hundreds of millions.

Or maybe they're going for print and web ads?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Have there been any TV commercials? Supposedly they have a huge marketing budget, in the hundreds of millions.

I've seen TV adverts in the UK and also online.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 3_2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B500 Safari/531.21.10)

You could make a lot of mimeoegraphs to pass out at county fairs for that kind of an advertising budget.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It hasn't launched in the U.S. yet.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have just had a play around with the HTC and Samsung WP7 phones and the interface is fugly. Everything animates when you do anything even just opening something. The word editor looks like a text editor, and that was the only office product that worked on the demo models I was using. It does not play youtube out of the box you have to have an app and to download that you need a windows live ID not very good for demo phones.

The ease with which you can mistype on the keyboard or hit the home button etc. when you didn't mean too was alarmingly high. I started off with an open mind but even being as positive as I could I couldn't bring myself to like it.

It won't persuade me to ditch my Blackberry. Personally I would say you should definitely try before you buy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.