Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone Have Virgin Mobile Mifi Wifi

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Originally Posted by planemechanic
Your answer lies just a short four posts above.
Might I suggest you learn to read carefully before posting your mistaken comments? The Mifi works just fine as a hotspot while plugged into the car USB charger, it just does not charge. This is an entirely different point from that mentioned above, where the Mifi does not act as a hotspot while plugged into a computer USB. My query is whether others have noticed this particular behaviour.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

VM lowered its Mifi price to $130 delivered so I ordered one from VM and they said 3-5 days delivery. Will give a report if/when I give it a test run.

MisterNice
Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:05 pm

MiFi Signal Boost

Recently I ordered a Wilson Sleek for the MiFi from 3GStore.com. I have used Wilson antennas in the past to boost cellular performance, and this one really helps the Virgin MiFi in my car.

I work in a college town but live in a rural area about 20 miles away. Using the MiFi on my dash for Internet radio I was encountering several dead spots on the way home. Most are now gone with the Sleek. The worst spot used to be a three minute dead zone. I now lose signal there for about 70 seconds. The Sleek has a mini usb port that can be used to power the MiFi. I have ordered a plug off Ebay that will do the trick for $1.84.

The MiFi has also been a winner for a co-worker who lives in an area not served by DSL or cable. She and her relatives were still using dialup. I looked at the Sprint map and it showed 3G coverage so I loaned her the MiFi and she bought one the next day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.