Reload this Page >

Luggage with unconditional life-time warranty

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 30, 2013, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N1120A
This Wikipost post can be edited by any signed in member to update, add, etc.; members can minimize or maximize this wikipost using the upper right corner [-] or [+] buttons.)

Lifetime warranty including airline damage (repair or replace)

Boyt Mach 5
Briggs & Riley (Simple as that® lifetime guarantee)
Burton
Eagle Creek (ES, Velocity, HC2)
eBags
Eddie Bauer
Eminent
Norm Thompson
Orvis
Osprey "Almighty" warranty
Pelican
Red Oxx (No Bull warranty covers everything)
Titan (in USA)
Victorinox (Carry with Confidence warranty for top tier lines and covers CC damage for life; Global Lifetime Plus covers CC damage for first 5 years)
Zero Halliburton Z-Flex

Lifetime to five years damage or defect warranty (not explicit airline damage

Aleon (Worry Free Warranty covers damage or defect for 10 years, defect for lifetime, refers customers to airline to pay for airline created damage)

Lifetime to five years manufacturer defect (not airline damage)

Hartmann
Patagonia (will "repair reasonably" for wear, tear and damage)
Rimowa (5 yrs, not breakage or "improper use)
Saddleback
Stahlsac (manufactuer warranty; "reasonable replacement or repair" damage or wear)
Tom Bihn
TravelPro Platinum
Tumi
Zero Halliburton other than Z-Flex

Limited warranty manufacturer defect or one year or less

Delsey
REI

Print Wikipost

Luggage with unconditional life-time warranty

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:52 pm

Thanks for compiling such a helpful list!
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: UA
titan luggage

I finally bit the bullet and bought a Titan Luggage earlier this year. I need to send it in for repair and their website/phone number are both now down? Are they still around?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by ronn888
I finally bit the bullet and bought a Titan Luggage earlier this year. I need to send it in for repair and their website/phone number are both now down? Are they still around?
i was told they had a new owner in the US about 3 months ago when i got my replacement under warranty.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 7:03 am

Programs: My travel agent
I have read the first post and still can't really get what do you mean by unconditional life-time warranty. Is it reasonable to ask for more than a solid warranty covering for materials and workmanship, does not covering normal wear and tear? Sounds fine with me from the manufacturer's standpoint.

I have found some controversies too:

Originally Posted by tfar
Doesn't matter if an elephant stepped on it or the airline broke the wheels off.
So far that's fine.

Disappointments:

Tom Bihn is supposed to have very good service but explicitly excludes airline damage. The same is true for Hartmann and Zero Halliburton.
But doesn't it contradict your above statement?

Exactly like this.

Note: let's consider carry-on luggage for the sake of argument, checked luggage damaged by the airline is a whole different (though interesting) story.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 7:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by Wayfahrer
I have read the first post and still can't really get what do you mean by unconditional life-time warranty. Is it reasonable to ask for more than a solid warranty covering for materials and workmanship, does not covering normal wear and tear? Sounds fine with me from the manufacturer's standpoint.

I have found some controversies too:

So far that's fine.

But doesn't it contradict your above statement?

Exactly like this.

Note: let's consider carry-on luggage for the sake of argument, checked luggage damaged by the airline is a whole different (though interesting) story.
No, they are for different brands. Some brands cover airline damage or elephants, others specifically do not. I'm not sure I really understand your question.
Old May 8, 2013, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by jbart74
I've never had a problem returning any LL Bean product for a full replacement with no questions asked. Never owned their luggage, but this thread has prompted me to look into it as I need a new rollaboard. I've returned 8 year old shoes with soles worn through that were replaced with the latest version of the same product free of any charges. That's good Customer Service, IMHO.
How does the company make money? I guess they are banking on most customers not doing as you have above or they would go bust?
Old May 14, 2013, 10:00 am

REI will accept any return no questions asked. The wife and I were hiking with some hiking shoes she bought at our local REI and after about 5 miles they were ripping her feet apart. We hiked out of the trail, got in the car, drove to REI, and literally took the shoes off her feet and gave them back and spent 30 minutes with someone getting setup with a different pair of shoes.

If REI carries an item I will get it there just to support the company and their business practices.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:36 am

I think it's time you remove TravelPro Platinum from your list, as they do not stand behind their warranty and will not repair damages that they consider "not a manufacturer defect".
Old Nov 11, 2013, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by halflife78
REI will accept any return no questions asked. The wife and I were hiking with some hiking shoes she bought at our local REI and after about 5 miles they were ripping her feet apart. We hiked out of the trail, got in the car, drove to REI, and literally took the shoes off her feet and gave them back and spent 30 minutes with someone getting setup with a different pair of shoes.

If REI carries an item I will get it there just to support the company and their business practices.
I think that is over too......

there were too many people taking advantage of that policy
Old Nov 12, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by LAXlocal
I think that is over too......

there were too many people taking advantage of that policy
basically within one year of purchase on normal wear and tear
Old Nov 13, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, HH Silver, National Emerald
Orvis should be added to this list. Not exactly known specifically for luggage, but they do care quite a few options and their return policy (for anything bought from them) is basically anything, any time for any reason.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Eddie Bauer has a 100% unconditional warranty.

Here is my review of the 21" Medium Travex Rolling Duffel:

(MSRP $179)

This is by far the best piece of luggage money can buy. Without a doubt. I've dragged this piece of luggage behind me over countless miles of terrain; NYC, ice/snow in Colorado and the Dakotas, endless airports and trains, even South Beach (yes, on a sandy beach). The wheels still spin as if it is brand new. Everything like the zippers and fabrics seem 10x stronger than they'll ever need to be. The handle is exceedingly durable and comfy. It stands up 100% of the time. You can pack ungodly amounts of clothing, etc in this bag. And, the best part, when the airlines do lose it (that's a when, not an if) I just say "it's the blue bag that says Eddie Bauer on the side." They can generally locate it very quickly in a sea of generic dark bags. Eddie Bauer hit a home run with this one!
BTW, this review was used in a featured ad campaign!
Old Nov 29, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: HH, AA
Thanks for this! One if ours in a set has a broken handle, I'll have to call when we get home!

Originally Posted by RoyalFlush
Eddie Bauer has a 100% unconditional warranty.

Here is my review of the 21" Medium Travex Rolling Duffel:

(MSRP $179)

BTW, this review was used in a featured ad campaign!
Old Nov 29, 2013, 4:43 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Stahlsac - but will replace or repair reasonably if damaged, or worn. Dive and other sports luggage. I had my dive bag fall under a luggage cart in POM (Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea) and have wheels ground down and axle bent. Replaced, no questions. Above and beyond.

Red Oxx. My vindictive Basenji chewed my Sky Train bag and my toilet kit. Fully replaced under their No Bull warranty. Absolutely Sterling!

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 30, 2013 at 9:18 pm
Old Nov 29, 2013, 4:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
That is correct. They will not warrant their luggage against airline damage (mine has a bent frame and I was told it's not covered).

Originally Posted by vbrief
I think it's time you remove TravelPro Platinum from your list, as they do not stand behind their warranty and will not repair damages that they consider "not a manufacturer defect".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.