Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Luggage with unconditional life-time warranty

Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N1120A
This Wikipost post can be edited by any signed in member to update, add, etc.; members can minimize or maximize this wikipost using the upper right corner [-] or [+] buttons.)

Lifetime warranty including airline damage (repair or replace)

Boyt Mach 5
Briggs & Riley (Simple as that lifetime guarantee)
Burton
Eagle Creek (ES, Velocity, HC2)
eBags
Eddie Bauer
Eminent
Norm Thompson
Orvis
Osprey "Almighty" warranty
Pelican
Red Oxx (No Bull warranty covers everything)
Titan (in USA)
Victorinox (Carry with Confidence warranty for top tier lines and covers CC damage for life; Global Lifetime Plus covers CC damage for first 5 years)
Zero Halliburton Z-Flex

Lifetime to five years damage or defect warranty (not explicit airline damage

Aleon (Worry Free Warranty covers damage or defect for 10 years, defect for lifetime, refers customers to airline to pay for airline created damage)

Lifetime to five years manufacturer defect (not airline damage)

Hartmann
Patagonia (will "repair reasonably" for wear, tear and damage)
Rimowa (5 yrs, not breakage or "improper use)
Saddleback
Stahlsac (manufactuer warranty; "reasonable replacement or repair" damage or wear)
Tom Bihn
TravelPro Platinum
Tumi
Zero Halliburton other than Z-Flex

Limited warranty manufacturer defect or one year or less

Delsey
REI

Print Wikipost

Luggage with unconditional life-time warranty

Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Well, guys and gals, Wikiposts are made exactly for this purpose. I've started one, you do the rest.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 12:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Victorinox (upper level lines) -- what does that mean?
Old Dec 1, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
EMINENT Luggage has an unconditional warranty.

I have had the luggage now for more than 7 years, couple of years ago one of the wheels broke, no question asked, it was replaced free of charge.

The handle was bent, just happened to be near a store, they fixed it immediately.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 12:11 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by chx1975
Victorinox (upper level lines) -- what does that mean?
Their Tourbach line has a fully unlimited warranty. There might be one just below it as well.

Originally Posted by JDiver
Stahlsac - but will replace or repair reasonably if damaged, or worn. Dive and other sports luggage. I had my dive bag fall under a luggage cart in POM (Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea) and have wheels ground down and axle bent. Replaced, no questions. Above and beyond.

Red Oxx. My vindictive Basenji chewed my Sky Train bag and my toilet kit. Fully replaced under their No Bull warranty. Absolutely Sterling!
Yeah - Red Oxx will fix or replace anything.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:51 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Here is the Victorinox warranty. Seems that the collection under their "carry with confidence" warranty are:

-all versions of Architecture®
-version 3.0 and later of E-Motion® 360°
-version 3.0 and later of Mobilizer NXT®
-version 2.0 and later of Werks Traveler™

http://www.swissarmy.com/us/app/content/customerSupportAllWAndPOverview
Old Dec 6, 2013, 3:01 am

This is a good comprehensive list by JDIver, which is quite helpful.

However what is stated by the manufacturer pre-sale, and what is later accepted or rejected by the manufacturer post-sale ( and post damage claim ) appears to be different in two recent cases, documented here on FT:

1. TITAN has gone bankrupt, apparently in 2011. Neither Titan Gmbh, or the US distributor for Titan are backing any repairs, replacements, or damage claims.

2. TRAVELPRO is stated by case owners as splitting hairs and rejecting claims for what would appear to be a manufacturing defect in the moulded polycarbonate material they employ.

How this can be determined without even looking physically at the case is not sign of a reputable manufacturer, or warranty.

I defer to JD Diver of course, but I might suggest that based on the statements and complaints of FT members documenting those incidents in our Travel Products Section ( 06.12.2013 ), they both be revised and perhaps removed from the list above.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Anyone have any experience with returns to LLBean on a damaged item that was not a defect. My bag fell down the escalator at DFW and the handle broke off, I feel kind of weird bringing it back and saying I am not satisfied, when its clearly not their fault. Its less than a year old.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: Soon to be free agent...
One data point for Patagonia: I've had an MLC since 2002 and recently the seam where the backpack strap attaches to the back started to rip. I contacted Patagonia and they said send it in (I did pay a few dollars for shipping). They said they couldn't repair it so they offered a gift certificate for $160 (just about the cost of a new MLC!).
Old Mar 26, 2014, 8:33 pm

Hi aabrock2177 -

PATAGONIA is an amazing company, remains the best ever, Europe or North America.

I ripped an old climbing ((hooded-guide) jacket, wrote a letter and explaining how it was torn, asked if it could be re-sewn. The reply was quick and to the point.

" No."

" We will just send you another," which they did.

Merci, Yvon (PS: I still have the Chrome Moly carabineers I bought off you at West Ridge Mountaineering ) !
Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:30 pm

Travelpro

I can confirm from experience that Travelpro does not honor their warranty.
Old May 7, 2014, 9:23 am

A couple of years ago, after the airlines destroyed several bags, I did research on which luggage had a lifetime warranty. I found that Eagle Creek was lifetime, and, they are sold by REI. I live very close to REI, and I checked them out. A salesman looked surprised when I mentioned that I wanted to look at Eagle Creek because of their warranty. He said anything purchased in REI has a lifetime warranty. I bought a bag that was broken 2 years later by American. I took it in and was given a new one. I use Fedex to ship supplies and equipment to trade shows. I was concerned how bad the containers looked after shipping, and I could only use them once. So, I built a box out of wood that had dividers inside. It looked so strong that people at my Fedex store wanted me to make one for them. I thought it was indestructible. They destroyed it. I am going to REI today to buy a wheeled bag for shipping my supplies. Fedex said they didn't think they could pay me for my container. I am filling
a claim anyway.
Old May 7, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: US Airways Platinum 2012, Hilton Diamond
:^i agree after a recent experience
Originally Posted by marv123
I can confirm from experience that Travelpro does not honor their warranty.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:01 pm

suggest removing Titan as the company has undergone restructuring, no longer has a USA presence, and warranties from Titan USA are no longer honored by any entity
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:05 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
can confirm ebags replaces theirs for free
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:56 am

I have used two Burton rolling duffel bags (Wheelie Double Deck) since 2009. They are awesome bags that have a lifetime warranty. Burton has sent me replacement wheels (easy to swap skateboard wheels) in the past. Last week I sent the bags in to repair the zipper pulls and plastic buckles. They sent back two brand new bags - no charge. I paid only one-way shipping from my house to Burton.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.