Reload this Page >

Luggage with unconditional life-time warranty

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 30, 2013, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N1120A
This Wikipost post can be edited by any signed in member to update, add, etc.; members can minimize or maximize this wikipost using the upper right corner [-] or [+] buttons.)

Lifetime warranty including airline damage (repair or replace)

Boyt Mach 5
Briggs & Riley (Simple as that® lifetime guarantee)
Burton
Eagle Creek (ES, Velocity, HC2)
eBags
Eddie Bauer
Eminent
Norm Thompson
Orvis
Osprey "Almighty" warranty
Pelican
Red Oxx (No Bull warranty covers everything)
Titan (in USA)
Victorinox (Carry with Confidence warranty for top tier lines and covers CC damage for life; Global Lifetime Plus covers CC damage for first 5 years)
Zero Halliburton Z-Flex

Lifetime to five years damage or defect warranty (not explicit airline damage

Aleon (Worry Free Warranty covers damage or defect for 10 years, defect for lifetime, refers customers to airline to pay for airline created damage)

Lifetime to five years manufacturer defect (not airline damage)

Hartmann
Patagonia (will "repair reasonably" for wear, tear and damage)
Rimowa (5 yrs, not breakage or "improper use)
Saddleback
Stahlsac (manufactuer warranty; "reasonable replacement or repair" damage or wear)
Tom Bihn
TravelPro Platinum
Tumi
Zero Halliburton other than Z-Flex

Limited warranty manufacturer defect or one year or less

Delsey
REI

Print Wikipost

Luggage with unconditional life-time warranty

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2010, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

I have updated the first tier as per your "testimony".

Till
Old Feb 2, 2010, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Till, can this be made into a sticky?

On the above testimony I'm going to look at LL Bean bags. I'm the only one here not watching LOST. I've got to make up my mind or I'm going to be traveling with a backpack borrowed from a Boy Scout and a shopping bag.

What a picture!
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:33 pm

Interesting that elephants are mentioned in the original post by tfar. From Eagle Creek: "That elephant in Namibia use your bag as a teething ring?"

No elephant encounters here, but we have a couple EC Switchbacks that we had repaired after years of heavy use (purchased over a decade ago). Fixed and returned, no questions asked. They are still in use. It looks like their Velocity line is being discontinued, and only the ES and HC2 lines are currently listed with the unconditional warranty on their website.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 4:14 pm

Thanks for this list, it definitely helped me make a decision between the Redoxx Air Boss (first tier warranty) and the Tom Bihn Aeronaut (disappointing warranty).
Old Feb 6, 2010, 5:15 pm

On my last trip my retractable handle on my Eagle Creek Velocity 25 inch bag worked fine before handing it over to the airlines. When I got it off the turn style the handle would not extend. I called Eagle Creek and they gave me a repair number and told me to send it back to them. I still had the original box so I didn't think that would be a problem. When I took my bag to UPS I was shocked when they told me it would cost $50 to send it to California from Ohio. I called Eagle Creek and asked if there was a way to get their discount for shipping. They said no but they did send me a free shipping label. I got my bag back within 3 weeks.

Shak
Old Feb 24, 2010, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

I will now put this thread as a link in the Packing tips section. I think the list of companies with unconditional life-time warranty is pretty complete. If you know others, please do add them. Thanks! ^

Till
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shak51
On my last trip my retractable handle on my Eagle Creek Velocity 25 inch bag worked fine before handing it over to the airlines. When I got it off the turn style the handle would not extend. I called Eagle Creek and they gave me a repair number and told me to send it back to them. I still had the original box so I didn't think that would be a problem. When I took my bag to UPS I was shocked when they told me it would cost $50 to send it to California from Ohio. I called Eagle Creek and asked if there was a way to get their discount for shipping. They said no but they did send me a free shipping label. I got my bag back within 3 weeks.

Shak
I have had ny luggage repaired by the airline a number of times. They picked it up from delivered to my home free of charge. The quickest turn around time was two days (Sat to Mon( when the handle was broken. I don't bother with little damage but when it renders the item unusable, I do complain.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: DL PM SC
Do any or all of these companies pay for your shipping (meaning the repair is free)?

I am currently looking at a couple Eagle Creek bags and a Pelican case.

After going through 3 cheap suitcases, I want to buy my last one (It needs to be huge to carry some pieces of my equipment).
Old Apr 12, 2011, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by bobfrapples
Do any or all of these companies pay for your shipping (meaning the repair is free)?

I am currently looking at a couple Eagle Creek bags and a Pelican case.

After going through 3 cheap suitcases, I want to buy my last one (It needs to be huge to carry some pieces of my equipment).
Eagle Creek makes you pay to ship it back. There have been some posts by people who have gotten Eagle Creek to pay for shipping by calling and asking but that is anecdotal and should not be counted upon.

Others, like Briggs & Riley and Titan, contract with local repair places so you would likely have one in or near your twon.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL PM SC
Thanks PeteyNice.
It looks like Pelican will reimburse shipping. And they seem pretty indestructible to begin with.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 10:15 pm

Programs: HH, AA
Pelican Cases

Great service! Airlines have managed to break many parts off over the past few years. Which requires a ton of work on their part. So far Pelican has quickly replaced parts. They ask for a picture to confirm the correct part is being sent. No shipping required.

We have ordered 7-8 different parts and never been charged shipping.

After seeing what they do to luggage and how absolutely destroyed stuff has been we won't travel with anything else unless it is just for clothes.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:01 pm

kjuih

Last edited by Novegi; Aug 10, 2017 at 3:43 am
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Novegi
Hello,
I bought a used TravelPro Platinum 22" bag (the very first platinum edition). I called Travel Pro to ask if they had any literature or manuals on their website for the bag I mentioned one of the zipper pulls was broken and was told the bag was too old (I believe they said more than 5 years old, but I don't recall) and they didn't have any info and it was no longer under warranty.

Just my experience, YMMV.

Thank you for maintaining this list, it is a great resource.

Happy Travels.
Novegi,

Please contact Travelpro Customer Service at (800) 741-7471. Ask for Janet and she will get you your zipper pulls.

Travelpro Luggage
Old Apr 28, 2011, 10:36 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marr Plat, Natl Elite, AMEX Plat, AA PP
The handle on my B&R wouldn't retract so I called the phone number. B&R gave me several options, I could take it to any authorized service center for free repair (lookup on website), if I was in a remote location with no service center I could have it repaired on location and submit a bill, finally, I could ship it to them but I would be responsible for shipping charges.

Thankfully, I was in the same city as the luggage shop where I purchased the bag, although they are not an authorized B&R repair center, they repaired it for free since I bought it there. They said they don't want to be listed on B&Rs list of repair centers because the reimbursement isn't that great and they don't want to do repair for people who didn't purchase there, which I thought was interesting.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 1:11 pm

Programs: United, American, Southwest, USAirways, Delta
Originally Posted by mrsspike30
Thankfully, I was in the same city as the luggage shop where I purchased the bag, although they are not an authorized B&R repair center, they repaired it for free since I bought it there. They said they don't want to be listed on B&Rs list of repair centers because the reimbursement isn't that great and they don't want to do repair for people who didn't purchase there, which I thought was interesting.
Talk about short-sighted... I often wonder how some people manage to open and run successful businesses.

What's the problem with repairing bags that were not purchased from his shop? He will get the reimbursement from the manufacturer, as well he gets someone into his store and maybe buying something else.

Instead he would rather not have the reimbursement, and not have the foot traffic in his store. I just don't get it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.