Reload this Page >

Luggage with unconditional life-time warranty

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 30, 2013, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N1120A
This Wikipost post can be edited by any signed in member to update, add, etc.; members can minimize or maximize this wikipost using the upper right corner [-] or [+] buttons.)

Lifetime warranty including airline damage (repair or replace)

Boyt Mach 5
Briggs & Riley (Simple as that® lifetime guarantee)
Burton
Eagle Creek (ES, Velocity, HC2)
eBags
Eddie Bauer
Eminent
Norm Thompson
Orvis
Osprey "Almighty" warranty
Pelican
Red Oxx (No Bull warranty covers everything)
Titan (in USA)
Victorinox (Carry with Confidence warranty for top tier lines and covers CC damage for life; Global Lifetime Plus covers CC damage for first 5 years)
Zero Halliburton Z-Flex

Lifetime to five years damage or defect warranty (not explicit airline damage

Aleon (Worry Free Warranty covers damage or defect for 10 years, defect for lifetime, refers customers to airline to pay for airline created damage)

Lifetime to five years manufacturer defect (not airline damage)

Hartmann
Patagonia (will "repair reasonably" for wear, tear and damage)
Rimowa (5 yrs, not breakage or "improper use)
Saddleback
Stahlsac (manufactuer warranty; "reasonable replacement or repair" damage or wear)
Tom Bihn
TravelPro Platinum
Tumi
Zero Halliburton other than Z-Flex

Limited warranty manufacturer defect or one year or less

Delsey
REI

Print Wikipost

Luggage with unconditional life-time warranty

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: United, American, Southwest, USAirways, Delta
Why all the discussion about Pelican?

Does Pelican make luggage? Meaning, for clothing? All I saw on their website was very specialized cases for equipment. I don't think that was the purpose of this thread...
Old Apr 28, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA Million miler
Anybody have experience with luggage from REI, the outdoor/sports equipment company? Supposedly ANYTHING they sell comes with "Our 100% satisfaction guarantee ensures that every item you purchase at REI meets your high standards—or you can return it for a replacement or refund."
I'm just curious to hear if they are really that good. An advantage of REI is that the products can be returned to your local REI store, which beats the $50 shipping charges we're seeing with some of the companies.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by LornaV
Anybody have experience with luggage from REI, the outdoor/sports equipment company? Supposedly ANYTHING they sell comes with "Our 100% satisfaction guarantee ensures that every item you purchase at REI meets your high standards—or you can return it for a replacement or refund."
I'm just curious to hear if they are really that good. An advantage of REI is that the products can be returned to your local REI store, which beats the $50 shipping charges we're seeing with some of the companies.

They honor the lifetime guarantee - i've gotten some jackets there and when the zipper began fraying (sp) i went to rei, and no ?'s axed....they fixed the jacket w/no problem.

Same with eddie bauer (sp). I had a backpack that began to separate between the hem and zipper. I kinda helpd it separate it more...and went to my local brick and mortar store....and no ?'s axed again...i opted for a little bigger backpack and paid like $20 for the backpack I use for my work laptop.

Keep us informed of how it goes!!!
Old Apr 28, 2011, 7:18 pm

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Travelpro Luggage
Novegi,

Please contact Travelpro Customer Service at (800) 741-7471. Ask for Janet and she will get you your zipper pulls.

Travelpro Luggage
I was told recently by Travelpro CS that my Plat II and Plat IV SE broken zipper slide and side handle are out of warranty. Was this correct?
Old May 3, 2011, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL PM SC
Originally Posted by pittpanther
Does Pelican make luggage? Meaning, for clothing? All I saw on their website was very specialized cases for equipment. I don't think that was the purpose of this thread...
Pelican makes industrial cases that you can use for anything.
I am a musician so I am flying with clothing and equipment. So for me, Pelican is an option for "luggage."

My wife and I have backpacks from REI and they have held up very well. Really not a scratch on mine after using it almost daily for 2+ years and taking it on every flight. Not sure about their warranty, but the quality means I haven't needed to use it.
Old May 4, 2011, 12:43 am

Programs: *G
I'm just curious to hear if they are really that good.
basicallly... YES. anything, anytime, any reason, for full original purchase value
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:55 am

eBags has a very comprehensive warranty on paper. While they say (about the eBags branded items) that "we'll do whatever it takes to make it right," what it really means is that you have to go through several layers of supervisors before they'll take the return.

In my case, the bag had a broken handle and a stuck zipper out of the box and the initial response was "we'll send you a new handle, that's a known issue" and it took three emails to get a shipping label to get it returned.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deniah
basicallly... YES. anything, anytime, any reason, for full original purchase value
That's really helpful to know about REI. Thanks for posting.

Till
Old Sep 22, 2011, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tfar
- Briggs and Riley: afaik on all pieces but double check
- Eagle Creek: On the ES, Velocity and the HC2 series.
- Boyt: On the Mach5 series.
- Osprey as the "almighty" warranty on all their bags
i only like the wording for those.

interesting osprey only introduced warranty in 2009. when i compared some osprey to eagle creek, i thought osprey was a step up. also nice osprey has something comparable to camelback.

dont recall if ive looked at boyt in person. have been happy with briggs and riley.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 24, 2011 at 8:56 am
Old Sep 22, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: COdbaUA MM, AA EXP, AF S, Bonbon Gold, Hilton G, All G, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis Presidential
I would include Rimowa in tfar's second-tier. They have an excellent warranty, but only for 5 years.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 3:58 pm

Eddie Bauer

Eddie Bauer - unconditional!

http://www.eddiebauer.com/custserv/c...?sectionId=240
Old Sep 23, 2011, 7:11 pm

Saddleback has a 100 year, fairly unconditional warranty, which should cover most people's lifetime. They do specifically exclude leather creasing from being stomped on by an elephant, though
Old Sep 23, 2011, 9:52 pm

Programs: *G
"fairly unconditional" means nothing. if its open to interpretation, its not unconditional. and while some of their bags are attractive, i find their form of advertising over-the-top... not to mention if you run some web research they have been proven to shill out their products before. very unsavory ethics
Old Sep 24, 2011, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by deniah
"fairly unconditional" means nothing. if its open to interpretation, its not unconditional. and while some of their bags are attractive, i find their form of advertising over-the-top... not to mention if you run some web research they have been proven to shill out their products before. very unsavory ethics
Are you sure the guys with "unconditional" warranties are completely no questions asked? My understanding was that B&R and the like, covers travel related accidents, including airline misuse. Not wanton abuse like having elephants dance on your bag, or crocodiles chewing on it. Or, for that matter, using it as backstop at the rifle range.

I'm in no way shilling for Saddleback. In fact I don't even like them, as I firmly believe flap covered bags should have died out with the invention/perfection of the zipper. Any bag you can't carry from meeting to meeting without futzing with flaps and buckles, is a joke if you ask me. And a briefcase weighing as much as a max checked size rolling hardside, is gratuitous overkill; for any kind of travel I intend to do, at least. But still, are their warranty really any more conditional than that of the others mentioned here? I guess the only realistic test case would be the hardside suitcase they make. It says 100 year warranty, but that thing looks a lot more fragile than the rest of their line, which I cannot begin to imagine how could be damaged.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the 4 i quoted are explicit without "gaps"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.