Reload this Page >

Online camera stores ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online camera stores ...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:57 pm

I have used B&h photo a number of times and have always been impressed with their service.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by meech
I have used B&h photo a number of times and have always been impressed with their service.
Thank you. This is very gratifying.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Some companines will take a camera kit (normally on eBay), and sell the camera and lens seperately. If you order from them you will probably not get Nikon packaging. This seems like a shady parctice to me and I would not use one of these companies.

FYI
Canon is suing at least one company for grey market prodects. I would assume Nikon would do the same.
http://www.imaging-resource.com/news...ra-sales-in-us
Old Mar 24, 2016, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by henryp
Thank you. Your description of the store is lovely. FWIW a customer can place an order in our store and request the ordered items be shipped to an address outside NY state. If so, no NY sales tax will be added to the transaction.

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video
Hi Henry,
Is there a way to PM or email you directly with detailed questions and ask for advice on certain cameras and lenses?
Old Mar 24, 2016, 9:50 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by aktchi
If the camera was purchased in the USA and (understandably) comes with a USA warranty, what makes you uneasy? Does 42nd St have a bad reputation in some way?

PS. I am glad to notice that your situation is satisfactorily resolved.
I will never do business with 42nd street again. I had a very unsatisfactory experience with them several years ago.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
Hi Henry,
Is there a way to PM or email you directly with detailed questions and ask for advice on certain cameras and lenses?
You can email me at henryp[at]bhphoto.com but for tech questions on equipment you may be better off emailing askbh[at]bhphoto.com.

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video
Old Mar 25, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Just to add a data point, I have always found the experts at askbh@ ... to be very helpful and knowledgeable.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 5:27 pm

I've become a fan of Cameta.com; no sales tax, they carry factory refurbed Nikon equipment, (Picked up a D7100 with only 48 clicks^ ) free shipping, and they are linked to UA mileage plus shopping portal so you can get bonus miles.

They also ship via USPS priority so its generally 2 day shipping
satman40 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 1:23 am

Hi Henry,
Just go to their website and look for a contact email.

Another vote for B&H - have had many excellent experiences with them
Old Apr 24, 2016, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stingray072
Just go to their website and look for a contact email.

Another vote for B&H - have had many excellent experiences with them
Henry has already contacted me and answered all of my questions but thanks for the suggestion.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 7:53 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
I ordered a camera from 42nd Street last week after scouring their website for any indication it was grey market - their price wasn't that much less than the obvious US- warranty units from other dealers.

Order went through, then the next day comes the phone call with the upsell - huge memory card, blah blah. Then "what about an extended warranty?"

I said, "No, I'll just go with the manufacturer's warranty, thanks." (I knew what was coming.)

"This unit doesn't have one."

So I said where exactly does it say that on your website, and there was furious clicking in background, then he comes back, "Well it doesn't say it HAS one, but we'll sell you one that does for [$70 more than the ad.]"

"No, how about you comply with your ad for a US unit and we'll call it good? And as a bonus I won't splash this all over social media and with the New York City and New York State consumer affairs offices?"

"I'll have to ask my supervisor." Pause... "Okay, deal done, US model at the quoted price."

"Thanks," and I hang up.

Two days later, "Sir? We're very sorry but that unit is out of stock and we've refunded your entire purchase price to the credit card you used. Thanks for shopping with 42nd Street." Click.

Of course both the grey market and the US unit (which I found by doing a much more in-depth search) are still "available and in stock" according to their website.

The end.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

42 St Photo is notorious for this type of bait and switch selling on grey market cameras and I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole!

This is really simple, if you want total peace of mind only buy from reputable online sellers like B&H and Adorama. If you are looking for used equipment KEH has an excellent reputation also.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
42 St Photo is notorious for this type of bait and switch selling on grey market cameras and I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole!

This is really simple, if you want total peace of mind only buy from reputable online sellers like B&H and Adorama. If you are looking for used equipment KEH has an excellent reputation also.
Those are the only three places that I bought equipment sight unseen before online shops.

40yrs B&H customer.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Me too. Except, I will comparison shop prices on Amazon for new items only. If there is a significant savings - which happens occasionally - I might buy through Amazon.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:12 am
Suspended

Try amazon for buy online camera and amazon give you good service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.