Reload this Page >

The OMNI Exercise Blog...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:46 pm

Ran 3 miles with my youngest daughter. I've had to slow down a bit as she is really just getting her running legs under her. Her PE class is an advanced dance class. So, they only go outside and hit the track a few times a year and then its only to run the mile.

It's been a lot of fun running with her She'll be a freshman next year...I believe she's thinking about doing cross country.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I am considering doing the Dirt Inspires half Marathon in Monterey in August. The furthest I have run until now is 5.5 miles, so I need to get on the ball if I'm going to do it.
Enter that race and start training...you can do it! The course looks like a hilly bit of fun.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My youngest is in sixth grade and cannot wait to do cross country. She's done 2 5k's and kicks my butt. she rarely has time to run with me due to swimming, but when she does she kindly waits for me at the stoplights.
Old May 6, 2014, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did it! I signed up.

http://www.finishlineproduction.com/...tInspires.html

I think we will spend Friday and Saturday night at the Marriott in Monterey then head to the RC Half Moon Bay for two days of post race relaxation. Leaving the kids at home with Grandma. So I am selling it to the husband as a couples getaway, he's not quite buying it (he is not a runner) yet!

Mission today- buy some shoes designed specifically for trail running.
Old May 6, 2014, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NICE!
Old May 8, 2014, 2:36 pm

I did it! I signed up.

http://www.finishlineproduction.com/...tInspires.html

I think we will spend Friday and Saturday night at the Marriott in Monterey then head to the RC Half Moon Bay for two days of post race relaxation. Leaving the kids at home with Grandma. So I am selling it to the husband as a couples getaway, he's not quite buying it (he is not a runner) yet!

Mission today- buy some shoes designed specifically for trail running.
^^^
Old May 8, 2014, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I am selling it to the husband as a couples getaway, he's not quite buying it (he is not a runner) yet!
Asking him to run or just accompany you?

I sold many a trip in my running days to my wife that way....you can spa it up while I'm running!
Old May 9, 2014, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's a women's only race. Just coming as support staff!
Old May 12, 2014, 10:53 pm

Did 5 miles while waiting for my daughter to get out of orchestra rehearsal. Her school is on a hill. The first 3 miles are downhill to flat...the final 2 are uphill...the last .5 steeply uphill. It was hot, about 90, so I took it really easy and carried 2 bottles of water. Felt pretty rotten that last mile. But, I got it done.
Old May 13, 2014, 6:31 am

The free travel has been the carrot for my partner with my races. Since I am doing a run focused year, he gets three marathon trips in 2014. Ok, so one is just Cleveland/Akron. But they get steadily better with St. George, UT and then Istanbul. For that, he is more than willing to be my race sherpa!
Old May 14, 2014, 10:02 pm

Was gonna run tonight, but too much ash and smoke from the fires. I did get the heart rate up a little bit while packing up pictures and putting our go bag in the car...one of the fires got to less than 3/4 of a mile away. Fortunately, we didn't have to evacuate
Old May 15, 2014, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did 5 miles early yesterday morning. It was already 85 when I finished at 8 am
Old May 27, 2014, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I ran the edinburgh half marathon on sunday. Weather was very wet whilst waiting for the start and for the first 6 miles before the rain stopped. Did 1 hr 45mins which was ok as I had had a sore throat and a runny nose in the days before the race.

Regards

TBS
Old May 28, 2014, 7:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Congrats!

Now that we're (FINALLY) getting some decent weather I've started riding the bike in the last week. Not long distances like annerj, but one has to start somewhere (2-6 miles). Building up with hopes of doing longer distances by end of summer (16-30 miles), which of course still is shorter than annerj.

And in the saving gas category, I've even started using it to run minor errands (farmers market, post office, bank, library) vs car.

Cheers.
Old May 29, 2014, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Congrats!

Now that we're (FINALLY) getting some decent weather I've started riding the bike in the last week. Not long distances like annerj, but one has to start somewhere (2-6 miles). Building up with hopes of doing longer distances by end of summer (16-30 miles), which of course still is shorter than annerj.

And in the saving gas category, I've even started using it to run minor errands (farmers market, post office, bank, library) vs car.

Cheers.
I think you will find that biking endurance builds quickly. I am sure that you will be at the 30 mile range in no time. Despite focusing on marathons this year, I find myself still a cyclist at heart. Nothing beats a nice day on the bike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.