Reload this Page >

Test & Go Application Process changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Test & Go Application Process changes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:02 am

Couldn't seem to find this on the gov site, what constitutes proof of vaccination for US? I have a print out from my county's Health Department, as well a document listing the dates of each vax from CVS, and of course the cardboard hand written card.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by rariya
Couldn't seem to find this on the gov site, what constitutes proof of vaccination for US? I have a print out from my county's Health Department, as well a document listing the dates of each vax from CVS, and of course the cardboard hand written card.
The CDC card is all I have ever needed. It has been fine for 3 or 4 entries into Thailand, from ASQ thru Thai Pass.

Wouldn't hurt to have copies of the others, but the CDC card should be fine.
rariya likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ft101
Cabinet meeting this week which is expected to rubber stamp CCSA proposals, then wait on it appearing in the gazette. This can be anytime right up to the last minute.
Given this, would it still be prudent to apply for a thaipass for a July 2nd arrival? Or are they coming fast enough that if for some reason it doesn't happen, I can get one on the first?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by seigex
Given this, would it still be prudent to apply for a thaipass for a July 2nd arrival? Or are they coming fast enough that if for some reason it doesn't happen, I can get one on the first?
I arrive July 2 as well and am not doing Thailand Pass. On the Thailand Pass website itself, the popup states:

Announcement

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Entry Measures for Thai and Foreign Nationals (From 1 July 2022)

- Thailand Pass not required

- Certificate of vaccination or an RT-PCR / Professional ATK COVID-19 test result issued within 72 hours before departure

- Medical insurance not required

- Airlines will check your documents
seigex likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:29 pm

I arrive July 2 as well and am not doing Thailand Pass. On the Thailand Pass website itself, the popup states:
Awesome thanks, I didn't realize insurance requirement was going away also. So much easier than when I went in December.
rariya likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
I will arrive on July 2nd too and hope IATA web site would be updated with the new rule by then. I just checked IATA travel centre which still states:

Passengers entering or transiting through Thailand must have insurance to cover COVID-19 expenses (minimum coverage of USD 10,000).
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by tomwhom
I will arrive on July 2nd too and hope IATA web site would be updated with the new rule by then. I just checked IATA travel centre which still states:

Passengers entering or transiting through Thailand must have insurance to cover COVID-19 expenses (minimum coverage of USD 10,000).
I don't claim to know anything about IATA, but I would think the Thai Ministry's own website stating it's no longer necessary would overrule any straggling info on other websites.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
I don't claim to know anything about IATA, but I would think the Thai Ministry's own website stating it's no longer necessary would overrule any straggling info on other websites.
I hope this is the case. However most airlines would use IATA's info rather than Thai Ministry's website, right?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
I hope this is the case. However most airlines would use IATA's info rather than Thai Ministry's website, right?
The airlines are not going to peruse every government web site for the latest info.

They rely on Timatic by IATA. Trying to argue it has been changed and Timatic is behind is going to get you nowhere.

The good news is that Timatic is usually right up to date.
goodeats21 and seigex like this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
The airlines are not going to peruse every government web site for the latest info.

They rely on Timatic by IATA. Trying to argue it has been changed and Timatic is behind is going to get you nowhere.

This is true, but I know people who have been denied entry based on timitac not being up to date, who have gone to supervisors and were allowed to board after showing up to date info from official sources. So it's possible, just risky.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Always Flyin

I stand corrected. That said, it seems like an insane process to expect people to know what's going on when there is different information everywhere. If I google "Thailand entry requirements" and follow the links the US Embassy provides, it will lead me to the Thai Embassy website where it states its no longer needed. I'm no expert like many people here, but I consider myself pretty well versed in this space and I'd never even heard of the IATA until this thread. If it's confusing to people seeking out info on FT, it's got to be nearly impossible for the average person to know what the hell is going on.

Edit: Googling "Thailand Entry Timatic" doesn't provide any information about Thailand entry requirements. Googling "Thailand Entry IATA" brings me to a page with a map that says "This COVID-19 map is updated regularly and due to the ever-changing nature of the regulations, we strongly advise that you check with your airline before you travel". Does someone have a link they can provide so I can keep up to date with this info? I'm aware complaining doesn't solve anything, but it doesn't seem right to enforce rules that are literally not searchable when the country's government websites are saying something else.
LETTERBOY likes this.

Last edited by rariya; Jun 22, 2022 at 9:40 am
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:42 am

I stand corrected. That said, it seems like an insane process to expect people to know what's going on when there is different information everywhere. If I google "Thailand entry requirements" and follow the links the US Embassy provides, it will lead me to the Thai Embassy website where it states its no longer needed. I'm no expert like many people here, but I consider myself pretty well versed in this space and I'd never even heard of the IATA until this thread. If it's confusing to people seeking out info on FT, it's got to be nearly impossible for the average person to know what the hell is going on.

Edit: Googling "Thailand Entry Timatic" doesn't provide any information about Thailand entry requirements. Googling "Thailand Entry IATA" brings me to a page with a map that says "This COVID-19 map is updated regularly and due to the ever-changing nature of the regulations, we strongly advise that you check with your airline before you travel". Does someone have a link they can provide so I can keep up to date with this info? I'm aware complaining doesn't solve anything, but it doesn't seem right to enforce rules that are literally not searchable when the country's government websites are saying something else.
If you go here: http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/

You'll get this after putting your info in:

Warning:

Passengers must have a Thailand Pass QR code obtained at https://tp.consular.go.th

Passengers must have:

- a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated with AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Covaxin, Covishield, Janssen, Medigen (MVC-COV1901), Moderna (Spikevax), Nuvaxovid (Novavax), Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty), Sinopharm, Sinovac, Sputnik V or Turkovac at least 14 days before departure; or
- a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they received one dose of AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Covaxin, Covishield, Janssen, Medigen (MVC-COV1901), Moderna (Spikevax), Nuvaxovid (Novavax), Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty), Sinopharm, Sinovac, Sputnik V or Turkovac, and a COVID-19 recovery certificate; or
- a negative COVID-19 antigen or RT-PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before departure.

estnet and rariya like this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond

The best you can do is check the embassy web site for the country at issue.

For the Thai consulate in Los Angeles, it says at present:

https://thaiconsulatela.thaiembassy....us-to-thailand

So up to date and indicates how it will change come 1st July.

[But I agree that it is all a quagmire]
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:24 pm

To make sure I won't argue with check in agent before my June 30 late night flight, I just applied Thai pass and got instant approval email with TP QR code 20 minutes ago right after hitting final button.
seigex likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
To make sure I won't argue with check in agent before my June 30 late night flight, I just applied Thai pass and got instant approval email with TP QR code 20 minutes ago right after hitting final button.
wise decision...
I have a 29. June flight I needed less than 5 minutes to fill in all info and upload documents (you do not need to upload a document for each single vaccine dose, just for last one will do) and got the QR code after 57 minutes...
tomwhom and seigex like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.