Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Test & Go Application Process changes

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2022, 1:10 am

Programs: Privilege Gold
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Good to hear it went smoothly - our last few arrival experiences were indeed pleasant too, and when arriving a mere week or two after the launch of the new immigration zone, the officer took real pride in it Also, my partner was proactively waved to the Thai nationals (as they saw her passport from a distance) counters so we could get through at the same time without one of us having to wait for the other at Fast Track
Been married to a Thai for 13 years and every time we return to Thailand I use the Thai Nationals immigration booths. On one occasion, when there was huge queues at immigration, we were told to go through the fast track counters as she was a national and we'd get through quicker.

Did Thailand Pass application earlier this week for a trip next month. Got approval within 3 hours.
Old May 22, 2022, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by TheFiend
Been married to a Thai for 13 years and every time we return to Thailand I use the Thai Nationals immigration booths. On one occasion, when there was huge queues at immigration, we were told to go through the fast track counters as she was a national and we'd get through quicker.

Did Thailand Pass application earlier this week for a trip next month. Got approval within 3 hours.
you might use the immigration booths for Thais when entering with your Thai wife or Thai relatives and even alone, if you are PR or have a Thai pink ID....but there is no way to use the auto channels
Old May 22, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by estnet
Well except that there are 2 testing sites at the airport that cost much less (550 or 250) and are open 24 hours - so go to check in an hour or so early (although the test take less time) One at door 1 and one at door 7/8 ground floor.
https://thaiest.com/blog/covid-test-...mi-airport-bkk

Any one has tried the Airport Covid testing sties estnet provided? I'm departing late night tomorrow for U.S. and considering Airport testing option.
Old May 23, 2022, 12:29 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by tomwhom
Any one has tried the Airport Covid testing sties estnet provided? I'm departing late night tomorrow for U.S. and considering Airport testing option.
did it yesterday at 4:30 am - cheaper one wasn't open (nor at 6 when I left), but the other one was - took about an hour all in.
Old May 23, 2022, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by estnet
did it yesterday at 4:30 am - cheaper one wasn't open (nor at 6 when I left), but the other one was - took about an hour all in.
Can you confirm which one you used as the website linked appears to be out of date? The Samitivej Srinikarin green shed is now up at Gates 7/8 (or was a couple of weeks ago).
estnet likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Can you confirm which one you used as the website linked appears to be out of date? The Samitivej Srinikarin green shed is now up at Gates 7/8 (or was a couple of weeks ago).
Yes at door 7/8 the other one is at door 3 - both are outside
https://thaiest.com/blog/covid-test-...mi-airport-bkk
Old May 24, 2022, 5:07 am

Programs: UA 2MM
I am currently outside entrance doors 7/8, having an ATK antigen test by Health Infinity Medical Technic Clinic. Cost is 250 baht. Took 15 minutes. 😊
LIH Prem, goodeats21 and tomwhom like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
I am currently outside entrance doors 7/8, having an ATK antigen test by Health Infinity Medical Technic Clinic. Cost is 250 baht. Took 15 minutes. 😊
That ties in with the info on thaiest website but this is the test centre that was outside doors 7/8 recently which is the other one.

Old May 24, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Great! Do you know their operation hours? I plan to use it for my July travel back to U.S.

Interesting and odd that no promotion on web except thaiest.com so I didn't take a chance instead went to Medconsult, it's very convenient to have an airport test location, the unbelievable cheap price is a plus too.
Old May 24, 2022, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by tomwhom
Great! Do you know their operation hours? I plan to use it for my July travel back to U.S.

Interesting and odd that no promotion on web except thaiest.com so I didn't take a chance instead went to Medconsult, it's very convenient to have an airport test location, the unbelievable cheap price is a plus too.
Interesting - 2 days ago Health Infinity was outside door 3 and closed at 4-6 am - not sure when they opened, Walked to door 7 - Samitaj open and testing (550baht) don't know if they move the kiosks. In any case it's a few minute walk between them.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:20 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Health Infinity closes for an hour at meal times and directs folks to Entrance 3, as per their sign. I believe they are open 24 hours.
tomwhom likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 5:31 pm

Health Infinity closes for an hour at meal times and directs folks to Entrance 3, as per their sign. I believe they are open 24 hours.
As of 3 days ago Health Infinity is at door 3 and Samitivej is at door 7/8. Samitivej is the one that is open 24 hours - and as I mentioned Health Infinity wasn't open in very early morning (and hadn't been open for a while since signs, posts, etc. were jammed into opening not just temp. closed. for a meal and no signs out to indicate hours. Probably opens later than I was there since someone mentioned it being opened at 8 am.
Also as I said they are a short walk from each other
Old Jun 2, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Diamond
Just applied and received Thailand Pass, took 30 minutes to get the QR.
I noticed that it's now only from the date you enter as arrival date to +3 days. Not +/- 7 days like before. But as it's almost immediately approved, shouldn't be a problem if change of dates is needed.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 9:31 am

Covid Test for travel back to US

I decided to use the Renewme Skinclinic at the Hyatt near the NANA BTS and cost $45. It worked well and took 10 minutes. I looked at the airport testing sites. Yes, they are cheaper but did not want to wait until departure. They are also outside, can get busy, and kind of a holding pen set up. Thanks BinSabai
estnet and BinSabai like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by plain
Just applied and received Thailand Pass, took 30 minutes to get the QR.
I noticed that it's now only from the date you enter as arrival date to +3 days. Not +/- 7 days like before. But as it's almost immediately approved, shouldn't be a problem if change of dates is needed.
Yes I noticed the same thing - applied and QR code in 30 minutes also. I guess this was an unannounced change - now specified date plus 3 days!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.