Reload this Page >

Introduction of Advance Passenger Processing System [APPS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introduction of Advance Passenger Processing System [APPS]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by ft101
1st December now in BKK.

Any reports on whether Fast Track lines are operating or not?
They were open yesterday (30 Nov)...I passed through it. I saw no signage or any other indication that they would be closing those lanes.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
They were open yesterday (30 Nov)...I passed through it. I saw no signage or any other indication that they would be closing those lanes.
I don't believe they will, but 1st December was the date given in the article if it was going to happen.

Were you inbound or outbound?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by ft101
I don't believe they will, but 1st December was the date given in the article if it was going to happen.

Were you inbound or outbound?
Inbound.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:56 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Left Thailand yesterday and didn't encounter anything unusual.

Coming in, OTOH, saw someone pulled out of line until they wrote name of place where they were going to stay on the arrival card.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Left Thailand yesterday and didn't encounter anything unusual.

Coming in, OTOH, saw someone pulled out of line until they wrote name of place where they were going to stay on the arrival card.
That's always been a requirement, IME.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 10:22 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Tchiowa
That's always been a requirement, IME.
I've always written it in even if I ended up staying at another property, but I've never seen anyone pulled out of line to add that one line before.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I was outbound during the early morning hours of Nov. 30. TG business class.

Nothing unusual noticed at the security / fast track / immigration setup.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I was outbound during the early morning hours of Nov. 30. TG business class.

Nothing unusual noticed at the security / fast track / immigration setup.
It wasn't slated to start until the 1st December. Post #19 seems to indicate there's still no change however.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 5:22 pm

Posts #17 and #18 of this thread on another forum relay that fast track remained open even after 1 Dec:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/...er-1-december/
Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Pleb
Update on my original post
I’ve just completed a return trip BKK to LGW with EK in F and I'm happy to advise that Fast Track through immigration at BKK (both outbound and inbound) is operating as normal .
Old Dec 24, 2015, 1:52 am

Programs: most of them
Fast track still available with a pass.

I was in the regular lines last night and it moved very slowly. Now you need not only the name of the place you are staying, but also the address and phone number. The phone number seems like a new thing as there are little signs in English taped up on the booths and there's an officer pre-checking forms as you enter the queue and telling you to write the phone #. Lots of people scrambling for paperwork. And just much more scrutiny in general meant it took much longer per pax to process people than it used to. Anyone looking Middle Eastern was getting extra special scrutiny.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by glennaa11
Fast track still available with a pass.

I was in the regular lines last night and it moved very slowly. Now you need not only the name of the place you are staying, but also the address and phone number. The phone number seems like a new thing as there are little signs in English taped up on the booths and there's an officer pre-checking forms as you enter the queue and telling you to write the phone #. Lots of people scrambling for paperwork. And just much more scrutiny in general meant it took much longer per pax to process people than it used to. Anyone looking Middle Eastern was getting extra special scrutiny.
That is interesting. Did they modify the form, or just have you write it in the address block area?

Thanks for the heads up. I will be coming through BKK next week and now I know to have the phone number handy.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
That is interesting. Did they modify the form, or just have you write it in the address block area?

Thanks for the heads up. I will be coming through BKK next week and now I know to have the phone number handy.
Expect Thai immigration to be inconsistent. There was no such requirement for me inbound 2 days ago at DMK. In fact, as you note, the form itself is free form where address is concerned. I simply scribble hotel name, without address. Many times it isn't even the hotel I'm staying at

Fast track lines (2 booths) were open inbound at DMK with no change from before. Zero wait - regular lines were 10-15 people deep so not bad there as well.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 3:48 am

When we went through immigration 2 months ago there was disorganised chaos coming into Bkk.A few Thai's were going along the queue with a rubber stamp taking people's immigration cards then stamping phone number onto the card.Lots of people realising what was happening just said haven't got a phone.That caused confusion among immigration staff causing delays processing passengers,other had no phone then said had not booked any accommodation so had no address to give,even more confused immigration staff.
We got caught out because we didn't know the post code of our house in Bkk,took an age to get processed been traveling,living in Thailand for over 15 years this time was the worst experience i have ever had getting a visa stamp.
It was beyond a joke everyone was getting annoyed hope you all get lucky and arrive after all the immigration staff have had breakfast.
Oh just to mention this was the immigration area where they process most if not all of the Thai flights, might be worth a walk down to the other area.

Last edited by tg911; Dec 27, 2015 at 4:58 am
Old Dec 27, 2015, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
No modification and no 'space' for a phone number.

Originally Posted by tide
Expect Thai immigration to be inconsistent. There was no such requirement for me inbound 2 days ago at DMK. In fact, as you note, the form itself is free form where address is concerned. I simply scribble hotel name, without address. Many times it isn't even the hotel I'm staying at
I might stay at a hotel on the first night and then move on... doesn't matter I guess. I've had several agents be sticklers for location (accepting BTS stations with no relation to the hotel itself) but never have had any demand a phone number yet even though they supposedly are demanding it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.