Introduction of Advance Passenger Processing System [APPS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introduction of Advance Passenger Processing System [APPS]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA explt, 5 million miler
I fly into Bangkok about every other month. Since this summer they have started asking me for phone number. They told me to write it were it says visa num. I just put in my US mobile num. I have a Thai number but would have to look it up. Never give my apt address. I usually just put in Marriott, Bangkok. Nobody has ever questioned me.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:29 am

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
Outbound on Dec 4 and inbound on the 27th with fast track passes in hand (JL C). Nothing new in BKK. Status Quo. The only difference was that someone in the news said there was a difference.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Implementation of Advance Passenger Processing System (APPS) Fee

On the 22th September 2015, the Airports of Thailand Plc’s (AOT) board of directors has approved the introduction of the Advance Passenger Processing System (APPS) whereby the AOT will charge an APPS fee of 35 baht/flight/passenger. The fee will be applicable for passengers travelling on international flights to and from the AOT-managed airports; namely, Bangkok-Don Mueang, Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai and Hat Yai. The APPS fee is to be levied for reservations made from 1st October 2015 onwards for the flights departing from 1st December 2015.

The APPS fee (35 baht) will be automatically added to the ticket price for Nok Air’s passengers travelling on international flights to and from Yangon, Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi who make the reservation on 1st October 2015 for departure of 1st December 2015 onwards.

source : http://airportthai.co.th

http://www.nokair.com/content/en/ann...ng-System.aspx
Old Jan 1, 2016, 6:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What happens if the plane ticket was issued before October 1? Is it OK or you required to pay the fee in cash upon entry and exit?
Old Jan 1, 2016, 6:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What happens if the plane ticket was issued before October 1? Is it OK or you required to pay the fee in cash upon entry and exit?
Based upon my last entry experience, you will not be required to pay the fee in cash upon entry/exit if the ticket was purchased prior to 1 October.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It is OK, the fee will NOT be collected.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Mmm, excuse for Thai authorities to get more money on ticket taxes.

At least there's no longer a cash airport fee. Was a nuisance back when they had it, still a nuisance at MNL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.