Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flying Yazata
Read me first!

All airlines (although see note about TG) appear to give them departing from Bangkok, so the list below is mostly useful for inbound. It's important to remember that this is Thailand so just because an airline has given them out before is no guide they'll be given out in your case. It's worth asking both air-crew and the ground crew at the gate for them, as they're also occasionally forgotten. Thus the list below tends to reflect "this airline has given them out at least once" rather than being any guide to what will actually happen...

List

AI (Air India) - J arrival and departure
AF (Air France) - J arrival (distributed in the jetway leaving the aircraft), J and W departures
AY (Finnair) - J arrival (jetway) and departure
BA (British Airways) - J arrival and departure (BE AWARE there have been instances where cabin crew have not handed out the pass and when asked either only given to the asking passenger or advised they aren't given out)
CX (Cathay Pacific) - J/F arrival and departure, OWE departure
EK (Emirates) - J/F arrival and departure, Gold and above in Y excluded by local rules
EY (Etihad) - arrival (criteria unknown)
HU (Hainan Airlines) - J departure only
HX (Hong Kong Airlines) - J departure and J arrival
JL (Japan Airlines) - J/F arrival and departure
KE (Korean Air) - J arrival and departure, assume F as well
LX (Swiss Airlines) - J departure
LY (El Al) - arrival and departure for J+F plus KD
MH (Malaysian Airlines) - J arrival and departure, OWE departure
NH (ANA) - departure, J also arrival (4/2016)
OS (Austrian) - J departure
OZ (Asiana) - J arrival and departure (no OZ F service in BKK) (no arrival 26/03/16)
PG (Bangkok Airways) - Blue Ribbon (C) or Premier ongoing for arrival and departure
QR (Qatar Airways) - J arrival and departure, OWS (or above) departure
RJ (Royal Jordanian) - J and OWR (or above) departure, J arrival,OWR (or above) in Y (if you manage to find RJ staff at the jet bridge)
SQ (Singapore Airlines) - J arrival and departure or PPS Club/Solitaire, sometimes on request only
SU (Aeroflot) - J arrival and departure
TG (Thai Airways) - F/J have dedicated security area at airport for outbound, for arrivals not given but your boarding pass is sufficient
TK (Turkish Airlines) - J arrival
UL (Sri Lankan Airlines) - J/OWS (or above) arrival and departure
VN (Vietnam Airlines) - J departure only

Notes:

1) Immigration seems to only care about the airline stamp. Recent experience continues to be hassle free when the printed date and/or names do not match or are not filled in. YMMV. Edit: In early June (2015) was told by dragon to fill in the name field on the Fast Track voucher. She then checked to see if it matched BP name.

2) If you're inbound to BKK and have not received a voucher onboard the aircraft, be sure to ask!

3) Fast track vouchers do not have to be used on the date issued. If regular immigration queues are short on your arrival date, it's often worthwhile to pocket the voucher for a different arrival date when you may not have premium access (or to give as a gift to friends/family coming to visit).
Print Wikipost

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:13 am

I flew to Bangkok in May which I reported in my Mini Trip Report: Bangkok May 2017, where I flew business class on Cathay, and they definitely give out the Premium Lane card

Globe Trekka, on Flickr
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
I flew to Bangkok in May....business class on Cathay, and they definitely give out the Premium Lane card
As noted previously in the wiki.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:30 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Fast track pass left at my Biz seat today on ANA.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
The recent reports of long immigration lines at DMK and now BKK have got me concerned about my trip to BKK next week... I'm travelling with my mom, who's in her late 70s, and while she's in pretty good health, she's not gonna be able to stand around for hours (or at least she'd need a lot of recovery time).

We're going SQ business class, so it sounds like we get to use the priority lane (I guess my mom would get to use it regardless due to her age?). We're also Thai/US dual citizens, and this comment made me wonder exactly what the priority lane at BKK provides:

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I'd bet the majority of those left behind were from Thais who use the automated passport lanes and don't need them in either direction. Others could have been from pax in transit.
I just recently got a Thai passport, and have only flown economy (with the exception of one op up many years ago, but that wasn't to BKK), so I don't have any experience with either the priority lane or the immigration process for Thai nationals. Is the priority lane pointless for Thais using the automatic passport readers? From the pic at http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/e...-lane-services , I got the impression that the "priority lane" was actually a separate area, not just a separate queue in the immigration area (granted, that pic seems to be departures, not arrivals). If we still have to wait in this to get to the priority lane, then yeah, it's probably not super useful. But if having priority access means we get to skip most of that, that'd be great
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:20 pm

Hi All,

I'll be flying from Krabi to Bangkok on Thai and then Bangkok to Istanbul on Turkish. Both flights are on the same ticket. I will have a 1:50 min connection at around 9 pm on a Sunday.

1. Do you think this is enough time for us to go to a lounge and shower in BKK?
2. Would we have to collect our bags?
3. Is this connection too tight?

Thanks for the input!
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dahan
The recent reports of long immigration lines at DMK and now BKK have got me concerned about my trip to BKK next week... I'm travelling with my mom, who's in her late 70s, and while she's in pretty good health, she's not gonna be able to stand around for hours (or at least she'd need a lot of recovery time).

We're going SQ business class, so it sounds like we get to use the priority lane (I guess my mom would get to use it regardless due to her age?). We're also Thai/US dual citizens, and this comment made me wonder exactly what the priority lane at BKK provides:

I just recently got a Thai passport, and have only flown economy (with the exception of one op up many years ago, but that wasn't to BKK), so I don't have any experience with either the priority lane or the immigration process for Thai nationals. Is the priority lane pointless for Thais using the automatic passport readers? From the pic at http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/e...-lane-services , I got the impression that the "priority lane" was actually a separate area, not just a separate queue in the immigration area (granted, that pic seems to be departures, not arrivals). If we still have to wait in this to get to the priority lane, then yeah, it's probably not super useful. But if having priority access means we get to skip most of that, that'd be great
There is a stand alone area, in between the east and west main immigration halls, specifically dedicated to those holding Fast Track cards for an 'expedited' immigration process. Additionally, in the main immigration east hall on the far left side, are 3 immigration counters cordoned off from the remainder of the hall which are also Fast Track as well as for TG premium pax (they simply need to show their BP).

Thai nationals have no need to queue at either of these areas and instead can, and should, simply use the automated immigration gates for a much speedier entry.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Thai nationals have no need to queue at either of these areas and instead can, and should, simply use the automated immigration gates for a much speedier entry.
I didn't pay too much attention to where Thai nationals went last time I was there, since at the time, I only had a US passport, but I seem to remember the Thai/non-Thai split happened when you entered the immigration hall. My concern is that if the line spills out into the hallway, as seen in that Bangkok Post article, we'll have to wait just to get to the Thai automatic gates.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dahan
I didn't pay too much attention to where Thai nationals went last time I was there, since at the time, I only had a US passport, but I seem to remember the Thai/non-Thai split happened when you entered the immigration hall. My concern is that if the line spills out into the hallway, as seen in that Bangkok Post article, we'll have to wait just to get to the Thai automatic gates.
The area for Thai nationals is to the right in the east immi hall. If the crowds are substantial and you don't mind waiting and killing time to access an area where you'd be through immigration in a a few minutes than you are a more patient person than I. Personally I've found saying 'excuse me' works quite well.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Flew into BKK on BA9 in May, Premium Lane pass given out on the plane with landing cards. Flew into BKK again on BA9 in July, no pass given out. I asked Cabin Crew, she said they don't give them out, only for LHR (basically they had no idea they are available for BKK). She said show your boarding pass - I'm very skeptical that the border officials in the Premium Lane at BKK would accept my mobile boarding pass saying Club World (not Business Class). The other times I've been through this year on CX and AY they have always demanded the pass.

So irritating to be so inconsistent. Anyway, I fired off a query to BA Customer Services and they have come back and said Premium Lane passes for BKK for Club World (Business Class) are not guaranteed. Fair enough, at least now I know BA's stance.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Flew into BKK twice on MH. No fast tracks on the plane. OWE J
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:01 am

Flew into BKK on emirates a few days back and they handed us old fast track passes which they decided not to honour in the fast track queue. Queues for standard immigration stretched out of the immigration hall, down the hall and ended around where the travelators were.

The really frustrating ting thing is some immigration agents were ok, but one made a stand. I was in the queue where the immigration agent said no and then got a supervisor who came to tell us all that we had to go back to the standard queue. My girlfriend had just gone through and as our flight was the one in the queue so as everyone turned to go back to the standard queue a gap opened so I bolted for the now empty immigration booth which let my girlfriend through. About half way through the agent who kicked off the whole strict enforcement came to tell my immigration agent not to let anyone else through but I think I was far enough through processing that it would have been more hassle to try to reverse it. Have to admit, my heart was going pretty hard as doing something like this isn’t remotely sensible but I’d seen how bad the standard queue was and it was only going to be a couple of aircraft worse by the time we got back there.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Bit of a cluster lately. At one of the immigration portals there is a Star Alliance Gold Fast Track sign, which indicates Star Alliance Gold Members can use that lane. But I saw several turned away after waiting in line, as they did not have the fast pass coupon....despite them trying to explain to the Immigration official.

Thankfully, I arrived on TG in Business Class, but would have been ticked if I was turned away after following posted signage / protocol.

Welcome to Thailand.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by IMOA
Flew into BKK on emirates a few days back and they handed us old fast track passes which they decided not to honour in the fast track queue. Queues for standard immigration stretched out of the immigration hall, down the hall and ended around where the travelators were.
Did they request or did you offer up a Business or First Class Boarding Pass? With the new rules, it would seem like that would have sufficed.

But then again, the officer probably wouldn't change his mind anyway!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Did they request or did you offer up a Business or First Class Boarding Pass? With the new rules, it would seem like that would have sufficed.

But then again, the officer probably wouldn't change his mind anyway!
Oh, we all showed them our boarding passes. I get that there might be some people with old fast track cards but when there are 20-30 people all with the same discontinued fast track pass and business and first class boarding passes from the same flight which landed 15 minutes earlier you would think commen sense would prevail. But, Thailand.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by IMOA

Oh, we all showed them our boarding passes. I get that there might be some people with old fast track cards but when there are 20-30 people all with the same discontinued fast track pass and business and first class boarding passes from the same flight which landed 15 minutes earlier you would think commen sense would prevail. But, Thailand.
That sucks. I had a pile of the old fast track passes and had to chuck them because they were no longer valid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.