Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flying Yazata
Read me first!

All airlines (although see note about TG) appear to give them departing from Bangkok, so the list below is mostly useful for inbound. It's important to remember that this is Thailand so just because an airline has given them out before is no guide they'll be given out in your case. It's worth asking both air-crew and the ground crew at the gate for them, as they're also occasionally forgotten. Thus the list below tends to reflect "this airline has given them out at least once" rather than being any guide to what will actually happen...

List

AI (Air India) - J arrival and departure
AF (Air France) - J arrival (distributed in the jetway leaving the aircraft), J and W departures
AY (Finnair) - J arrival (jetway) and departure
BA (British Airways) - J arrival and departure (BE AWARE there have been instances where cabin crew have not handed out the pass and when asked either only given to the asking passenger or advised they aren't given out)
CX (Cathay Pacific) - J/F arrival and departure, OWE departure
EK (Emirates) - J/F arrival and departure, Gold and above in Y excluded by local rules
EY (Etihad) - arrival (criteria unknown)
HU (Hainan Airlines) - J departure only
HX (Hong Kong Airlines) - J departure and J arrival
JL (Japan Airlines) - J/F arrival and departure
KE (Korean Air) - J arrival and departure, assume F as well
LX (Swiss Airlines) - J departure
LY (El Al) - arrival and departure for J+F plus KD
MH (Malaysian Airlines) - J arrival and departure, OWE departure
NH (ANA) - departure, J also arrival (4/2016)
OS (Austrian) - J departure
OZ (Asiana) - J arrival and departure (no OZ F service in BKK) (no arrival 26/03/16)
PG (Bangkok Airways) - Blue Ribbon (C) or Premier ongoing for arrival and departure
QR (Qatar Airways) - J arrival and departure, OWS (or above) departure
RJ (Royal Jordanian) - J and OWR (or above) departure, J arrival,OWR (or above) in Y (if you manage to find RJ staff at the jet bridge)
SQ (Singapore Airlines) - J arrival and departure or PPS Club/Solitaire, sometimes on request only
SU (Aeroflot) - J arrival and departure
TG (Thai Airways) - F/J have dedicated security area at airport for outbound, for arrivals not given but your boarding pass is sufficient
TK (Turkish Airlines) - J arrival
UL (Sri Lankan Airlines) - J/OWS (or above) arrival and departure
VN (Vietnam Airlines) - J departure only

Notes:

1) Immigration seems to only care about the airline stamp. Recent experience continues to be hassle free when the printed date and/or names do not match or are not filled in. YMMV. Edit: In early June (2015) was told by dragon to fill in the name field on the Fast Track voucher. She then checked to see if it matched BP name.

2) If you're inbound to BKK and have not received a voucher onboard the aircraft, be sure to ask!

3) Fast track vouchers do not have to be used on the date issued. If regular immigration queues are short on your arrival date, it's often worthwhile to pocket the voucher for a different arrival date when you may not have premium access (or to give as a gift to friends/family coming to visit).
Print Wikipost

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2012, 12:02 am

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
JL doesn't usually give passes out to oneworld elite members (only C pax), but I was handed one in the jetway coming off of a JL flight in Y a couple of weeks ago. I think it was a mistake, but it saved me close to an hour in those horrendous lines that I saw.
Old May 11, 2012, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA handed out blank fast-track coupons in C to all, inbound from NRT, on 20 April, a first for me. I ended up not using it as the Arriving Immigration hall was deserted (although it did fill up behind me). The Fast-Track Arrival hall looked barren as well when I walked by it in the baggage claim area.

Departing BKK I always get a fast-track coupon (1K/NC) which is filled out with my name, date, flight no., but I rarely use it. Departing 12 April the departing immigration area adjacent to to the UA check-in counters was empty with many Immigration officers at desks at no passengers waiting so I went through there, I think I now have ~ 20 fast-track coupons!
Old May 11, 2012, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by tide
Irony, no?

FWIW, I fly NH mostly into BKK (while accruing miles to UA) because they have a better schedule than UA. NH does not appear (not should they really) to treat 1Ks any different than *G.
No irony. I didn't expect one but it never hurts to ask. I also didn't expect immy to be a problem and it wasn't.

Edit: I'm not sure why you're making a point about being 1K. I never presented anything other than *G and never indicated in my posts that I mentioned anything other than *G.

Last edited by dsquared37; May 13, 2012 at 5:42 am
Old May 13, 2012, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Don't fly VN into BKK if you want fast track. They don't even understand the concept of fast track immigration. I talked to people at the transfer desk at SGN, in the lounge and on the plane and none of them had a clue of what I was talking about. Otherwise VN is a fine airline based on two short haul flights I took last week.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm happy to report that KQ give fast track passes, at least on outbound flights.
Old May 17, 2012, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by stimpy
Don't fly VN into BKK if you want fast track. They don't even understand the concept of fast track immigration. I talked to people at the transfer desk at SGN, in the lounge and on the plane and none of them had a clue of what I was talking about. Otherwise VN is a fine airline based on two short haul flights I took last week.
I flew VN into BKK last week, and got through arrivals fast-track by flashing my boarding card stub. Well, I think that's what worked - though, to be honest, there seemed to be no access control, and the immigration chap showed little interest.

TG C-class boarding stubs work. TG told me they have stopped handing out passes. YMMV.
Old May 17, 2012, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I flew VN into BKK last week, and got through arrivals fast-track by flashing my boarding card stub. Well, I think that's what worked - though, to be honest, there seemed to be no access control, and the immigration chap showed little interest.

TG C-class boarding stubs work. TG told me they have stopped handing out passes. YMMV.
I should have tried that! However I'm pretty sure that won't work on outbound. The officers still demand your Premium pass to use the fast track departure at BKK. Thankfully KQ gave me one last night as the lines were long.

In case anyone is interested, NBO has also implemented fast track and KQ gave me a pass for NBO today.
Old May 24, 2012, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
A few months ago I got a fast track voucher when arriving on BA in C (which was fantastic - there was nobody in front of me at immigration) but there was no fast track on departure, though this may be because the security areas were still being remodelled.
Old May 30, 2012, 5:25 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
No FastTrack on my recent TG 432 arrival from DPS. I think TG "forgets" to load the passes on this flight a lot.

DL issued FastTrack passes for my recent departure on DL 284. The FastTrack departure area, recently reconfigured and expanded a bit, was open at 4:00 am for the super-early flights on Druk Air, DL, and UA.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
While a Premier statused member of PG's Flyer Bonus we've never received a Fast Track pass, but recently flying C on PG we've received them at checkin both on the way to BKK and departing BKK.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:15 am

China Southern anyone ?

I've boked 3 business class award tickets going Uk- Amsterdam- Bangkok (via Guanzhou) going in qith China Southern and out with China Airlines.
I don;t suppose that they give fast track passes ? I have emailed UK customer services and await their reply, I think I've got a couple of recent Emirates ones, but there are three of us on this trip.

If not then it's a pre-booked service from BFS for me. Flight arrival is 10.45 am, not sure what the queues will be like atthat time.

Any guidance gratefully received, BKK is a regular destination for me, but usually with EK, or KLM/AF.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:05 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
DL did not distribute Fast Track passes on my recent arrival.

KE did distribute them on my departure this past Saturday night.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by tezzer
I've boked 3 business class award tickets going Uk- Amsterdam- Bangkok (via Guanzhou) going in qith China Southern and out with China Airlines.
I don;t suppose that they give fast track passes ? I have emailed UK customer services and await their reply, I think I've got a couple of recent Emirates ones, but there are three of us on this trip.

If not then it's a pre-booked service from BFS for me. Flight arrival is 10.45 am, not sure what the queues will be like atthat time.

Any guidance gratefully received, BKK is a regular destination for me, but usually with EK, or KLM/AF.
Just spoke to China Southern in London, and they were (pretty) sure that they don't give out passes, so BFS it is !
Old Jul 10, 2012, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA gave a fast track card to this 1K in upgraded business class departing 27 June. I used the fast track area but the card was not collected, merely examined. After security I got dumped back out into the genpop Immigration area. Lines were not bad but in previous departures we used a smaller, dedicated Immigration desk area and the fast track card was collected there.

UA gave fast track cards, to everyone in business class, arriving 5 July out in-bound from NRT to BKK on the plane. I did not use the card as the Arriving Immigration hall was deserted.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transpac
UA gave a fast track card to this 1K in upgraded business class departing 27 June. I used the fast track area but the card was not collected, merely examined. After security I got dumped back out into the genpop Immigration area. Lines were not bad but in previous departures we used a smaller, dedicated Immigration desk area and the fast track card was collected there.
Sorry to tell you this, but you went into the wrong line. The fast track/crew immigration and security scan is nowhere near the genpop area. The fast track security is directly behind the immigration desks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.