Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RTWFF
My riposte was advice - I'm sure many of us would be interested in the outcome
Advice to whom?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:22 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by Kacee
Really? So why even ask if it was so obvious to you?

It's the question you asked. Now I better appreciate RTWFF's response
And I ask, why are you so rude and waste valuable time of fellow FT by violating an FT important rule (no off-topic)?

Last edited by flyerby; Jul 7, 2019 at 12:02 am
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

So, to close the loop - it does work as advertised.
- At CNX check in at "international terminal", get a little CIW sticker. Then go through immigration which stamps passport with an exit stamp. Then go back to the common departures area.
- Fly to BKK. At BKK, disembark with all the other passengers. At the stairs up to the 2nd floor turn in one direction according to the sign for CIQ (everyone else goes left to the baggage claim). There are a couple of people manning the CIQ doors, but no document checks at that point - not even close examination of the sticker. As long as you have it, you are in.
- Once you go through these doors, you are in the same common transit area where you end up if connecting from any other international flight. Go through transfer security and you are in the intl. departures area.

No stringent checks involved, although there was a guy standing by the escalator pointing CIQ passengers in the right direction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.