FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   Intl-Intl transit at BKK (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1976671-intl-intl-transit-bkk.html)

tr3k Jul 3, 2019 2:56 pm

Intl-Intl transit at BKK

I hope this is the right forum - if not, let me know.
I have a single booking HKT-BKK-Europe with HKT-BKK on Thai Airways, and BKK-Europe on another *A carrier.
On a booking like that, where will I go through exit immigration and customs, at HKT or BKK? If at HKT - what's the process at BKK?

Beltway2A Jul 3, 2019 3:50 pm

You will pass through exit immigration and customs at HKT, and be given a C.I.Q. sticker for your BKK transit. Follow the C.I.Q. signage once you land in BKK.

Kacee Jul 3, 2019 6:47 pm

whoops, misread OP

Yes, on single ticket, you will go through immigration at HKT.

flyerby Jul 3, 2019 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31267270)
... Yes, on single ticket, you will go through immigration at HKT.

Even on 2 separate ticket OP would go through immigration at HKT.

Kacee Jul 4, 2019 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by flyerby (Post 31267927)
Even on 2 separate ticket OP would go through immigration at HKT.

That is not the official rule. Official rule is single ticket only for CIQ. I could see TG giving pax a sticker anyway. PG, forget it.

tr3k Jul 4, 2019 5:24 pm

Ok, so once at BKK, with that sticker I go through security and then directly into the international departures?

As an aside, what if one were to take the sticker off and walk out back into the country, I wonder.

RTWFF Jul 4, 2019 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by tr3k (Post 31270348)
As an aside, what if one were to take the sticker off and walk out back into the country, I wonder.

Try it and let us know

tr3k Jul 4, 2019 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by RTWFF (Post 31270679)
Try it and let us know

Snide riposte would have been more appreciated if it were accompanied by a response to my actual question :)

Kacee Jul 5, 2019 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by tr3k (Post 31270348)

You've already been entered into the computer system as having exited Thailand. So when you tried to exit again, there would be a problem, as the computer would say you had been in Thailand without a lawful entry.

restlessinRNO Jul 5, 2019 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31273919)
You've already been entered into the computer system as having exited Thailand. So when you tried to exit again, there would be a problem, as the computer would say you had been in Thailand without a lawful entry.

In other words, you would be in big trouble. :)

tr3k Jul 5, 2019 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31273919)

That much is obvious. However:
1. Someone who wants to quietly overstay in Thailand may not be so concerned about the exit
2. Can't that same person later on buy a separate domestic and international tickets, put the sticker back on (the one he kept from the time he overstayed), walk out into the international transit area as a CIQ, board his international flight and leave. Unless Thailand has strict passenger list checks on outbound intl. flights, I suppose.

Anyway, that was a purely theoretical question, and not the one I am really interested in discussing.

Now, the real question was about what my transit steps would be at BKK with that CIQ sticker.

Thai-Kiwi Jul 5, 2019 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by tr3k (Post 31274035)
Now, the real question was about what my transit steps would be at BKK with that CIQ sticker.

Follow the CIQ signs/crowds on arrival at BKK, pass a security check, hangout at international departures.

Kacee Jul 5, 2019 11:13 pm

That much is obvious.

Really? So why even ask if it was so obvious to you?

Anyway, that was a purely theoretical question, and not the one I am really interested in discussing.

It's the question you asked. Now I better appreciate RTWFF's response ;)

northsideguy Jul 6, 2019 6:59 am

That much is obvious. However:
1. Someone who wants to quietly overstay in Thailand may not be so concerned about the exit
2. Can't that same person later on buy a separate domestic and international tickets, put the sticker back on (the one he kept from the time he overstayed), walk out into the international transit area as a CIQ, board his international flight and leave. Unless Thailand has strict passenger list checks on outbound intl. flights, I suppose.

Deleted my post. I had posted directions to transfer, but the OP would rather go off topice. Once again it seems that rudeness is the topic of discussion. Why do I bother!

RTWFF Jul 6, 2019 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by tr3k (Post 31270744)
Snide riposte would have been more appreciated if it were accompanied by a response to my actual question :)

My riposte was advice - I'm sure many of us would be interested in the outcome