Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Online Seat Reservations via Manage Booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:15 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid
Original Poster

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite

Hello. I have a ticket booked on 016 United stock that includes two segments on Thai in business class. I have a Thai PNR and can access my booking via the Thai website and up until recently could view and change my seats. Now, not so much. Is this a bug or has something changed with Thai where this is no longer possible.

Last edited by In The 216; Nov 20, 2016 at 8:39 pm
Old Nov 19, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
I've been able to change my seat selection using a ticket booked on non-TG stock, but you have to do something odd once you've retrieved the booking. You have to choose "Traveller details" and then scroll down to "Services details" before you get to "Seat selection". Being TG of course they only support Microsoft browsers so I generally find it bombs out if I'm using Chrome. Others may have a different experience
Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I can't change my seats either. Same booking situation - Thai PNR via United
Old Nov 20, 2016, 12:30 pm

Same issue here. I e-mailed TG Reservations, not sure if they can assign for me.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: BRK-B
Try TG APP on iPhone, and change your seat. Please let me know whether you can do it or not.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Noppasit
Try TG APP on iPhone, and change your seat. Please let me know whether you can do it or not.
Not the iPhone app, but on Android it just sits on the load screen when trying to look up my booking.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I'll be damned, it worked for me!
Old Nov 20, 2016, 8:44 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid
Original Poster

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Chrome and IE do not work. The app, however, did work!
Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by In The 216
Chrome and IE do not work. The app, however, did work!
Lame. What about us android users?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:42 pm

Just tried android app, didn't work.
iPad app, didn't work.
iPhone app, worked!
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:28 am

I found the easiest and quickest way to get my TG confirmation after booking a UA award has been to send them a Facebook message.
I've done this twice now in the last month and I got a response from TG in under an hour, even on a Sunday.

UA customer service is useless for this information, so don't even bother.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold , Marriott Platinum. Both earned BIS/Nights
I have 5 award segments booked through UA website, OZ, 2 on TG and 2 on LH. I could not assign any seats via UA, however I was able to retrieve the entire PNR on one record locator for the 3 carriers on LH site. I have no LH account.

After a day or 2 all my seat assignments populated into my UA PNR, however can only view change on LH or TH
Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: AC, UA, Delta, TG, WestJet
For ThaiAirways seat selection, use the Thai app on iPad, with their PNR; seat selection is not working on computer. On LH, seat selection is working with a computer, but, also hav to use the good PNR (Not the United PNR)
Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: AC, UA, Delta, TG, WestJet
For ThaiAirways seat selection, use the Thai app on iPad, with their PNR; seat selection is not working on computer. On LH, seat selection is working with a computer, but also, you have to use the good PNR (Not the United PNR)
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:34 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by Dyno
For ThaiAirways seat selection, use the Thai app on iPad, with their PNR; seat selection is not working on computer. On LH, seat selection is working with a computer, but also, you have to use the good PNR (Not the United PNR)
Worked for me this morning on my computer. Got a message saying "Cannot update via this site: contact Thai Airways office" but I've subsequently checked it via CheckMyTrip and my change has taken effect

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.