Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

TG First Class 747 - best seats for a couple?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG First Class 747 - best seats for a couple?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ekartash
Want to to travel from MUC to BKK to VTE in F/J. Does TG still use both old and new F on 747s out of MUC? Are we better off connecting through FRA to guarantee a new(er) F on the A380? Would prefer the 747 if we had the new suites.

When connecting from F to J in BKK will we have access to first class lounge?

Thanks
Flight from MUC to BKK is always operated by the 747 but it's just the problem of getting the old or new F.

personally, I like the F on the 380 more but your choice if that is a big issue or not and yes, 380's are operated out of FRA.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Want to to travel from MUC to BKK to VTE in F/J. Does TG still use both old and new F on 747s out of MUC? Are we better off connecting through FRA to guarantee a new(er) F on the A380? Would prefer the 747 if we had the new suites.

When connecting from F to J in BKK will we have access to first class lounge?
the likelihood to get suites on the MUC BKK leg is more than 50%. Through FRA is close to 100%

and yes you get F access if in transit
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
you can try tracking the plane type every other week to get some statistics for MUC-BKK.
http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tg925
HS-TGA,B,F,G,Y,Z = new F

06 Aug Munich (MUC) Bangkok (BKK) B744 (HS-TGP) = old F
05 Aug Munich (MUC) Bangkok (BKK) B744 (HS-TGF) = new F "suits"
04 Aug Munich (MUC) Bangkok (BKK) B744 (HS-TGZ) = new F "suits"
03 Aug Munich (MUC) Bangkok (BKK) B744 (HS-TGF) = new F "suits"
02 Aug Munich (MUC) Bangkok (BKK) B744 (HS-TGW) = old F
31 Jul Munich (MUC) Bangkok (BKK) B744 (HS-TGF) = new F "suits"

I usually see these planes in a semi fixed utilization pattern in bunches of two planes.

Last edited by Tokyoite; Aug 7, 2017 at 4:34 am
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
you can try tracking the plane type every other week to get some statistics for MUC-BKK.
http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tg925
HS-TGA,B,F,G,Y,Z = new F

06 Aug Munich (MUC) Bangkok (BKK) B744 (HS-TGP) = old F
05 Aug Munich (MUC) Bangkok (BKK) B744 (HS-TGF) = new F "suits"
04 Aug Munich (MUC) Bangkok (BKK) B744 (HS-TGZ) = new F "suits"
03 Aug Munich (MUC) Bangkok (BKK) B744 (HS-TGF) = new F "suits"
02 Aug Munich (MUC) Bangkok (BKK) B744 (HS-TGW) = old F
31 Jul Munich (MUC) Bangkok (BKK) B744 (HS-TGF) = new F "suits"

I usually see these planes in a semi fixed utilization pattern in bunches of two planes.

And is TG planning to renovate the rest of the 747 fleet or it is what it is for now? I am not traveling until early April.

I have flown TG A380 in F so wanted to try the 747 for variety
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
And is TG planning to renovate the rest of the 747 fleet or it is what it is for now? I am not traveling until early April.

I have flown TG A380 in F so wanted to try the 747 for variety
They've been in this dual configuration for many years now, and I'm not award of any plans to refurbish the rest. (And even if they were, with TG timelines and schedules are extremely fluid and can't really be relied on).

It's worth noting that there really isn't a 'bad' version of the 747. Both configurations have advantages and disadvantages. The old configuration is spacious and you really get the appreciation of first class in the nose of the plane, including the meal service and presentation. The newer version doesn't have that same sense of space.

The nose of the 747, IMO, beats the offering of the a380 hands down. Either version of F.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Where does the bassinet go in the New Config First ?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
An interesting question! On the 10F they are indicated as being on the bulkhead in front of 01A and 01K. However, on the 9 F versions the mini-suites run through to join onto the bulkhead. I looked at some photo and youtube reviews, but it wasn't obvious to me where bassinets could be fitted on the 9F version.

There is nothing I could see on THAI's webpage, so you may need to email THAI and ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.