Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

TG First Class 747 - best seats for a couple?

Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion

Hi I have booked a flight on TG first class BKK-MUC. Current seat map shows 10 first class seats on a 747. Are two middle seats better for a couple (i.e. no big divider between the two seats), or would you reccomend some other seat combo?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by apk123
Hi I have booked a flight on TG first class BKK-MUC. Current seat map shows 10 first class seats on a 747. Are two middle seats better for a couple (i.e. no big divider between the two seats), or would you reccomend some other seat combo?
Last ror of middle seats is better than first (this is too close to the window seats).
Otherwise 1A/K is also good. Larger distance between seats, but very private and quiet.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by apk123
I would choose 1 A/K.
BKK-MUC is a dayflight, so then you can enjoy the view better, and on the same time be close enough to have a conversation.

And it is still an option to dine together in either seat.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. 1A/1K are taken so I hues I'll go with the middles at row 3.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
second middle seats are fine; you also get earlier out of the airplane!
1A/K are also too far apart for a decent conversation, if you do not want to entertain everybody else in the F cabin
Old Nov 12, 2013, 6:25 pm
Suspended

On different planes.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

so it seems that my plane was switched to the new 9-seat F configuration. Are 1A/1K still the best in this configuration?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
1 A/K is our favorite seats on the TG 747-400 in any configuration so yes.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:56 am

As a solo traveler my favorite seats are 2A/K. Traveling as a couple I would either pick 1A and 1K, or for example 2A and 3A. I prefer having window seats and I do not mind not conversing much during the flight, it is fine to sit apart.
Old May 24, 2014, 10:58 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Flying TG F SYD-BKK-HKG-BKK-SYD on Oct and all flights are currently showing 747 seat map, mostly new F.

I'm travelling with my best mate and its his first time in F so want to maximise the experience. I've flown in old 747 F once by myself.

I cant decide which seats we should be going for. All flights except the last BKK-SYD ones are day flights and on these day flights we won't be sleeping or watching many movies or reading, it'll mostly be eating, drinking, chatting and enjoying the experience together. I've picked both seats in Row 1 as I like the idea of the privacy and having no-one in front of you but we are going to want to chat together not sit alone.

Would the middle pair be a better bet for conversation? Can you sit in someone elses suite on the ottoman outside of meal service when the table is not out or would you be far too close together? Ie not enough leg space for 2 people?

I've looked very carefully at the pics of the new 747 F and it looks like the companion dining option is no longer possible on the ottoman? The TV looks like it sticks out from the back wall of the suite (so no flat back for someone to sit on the ottoman and there's no ability to squeeze out into the aisle with the table out. Can someone please confirm if companion dining is possible?
Old May 25, 2014, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by smit0847
I've looked very carefully at the pics of the new 747 F and it looks like the companion dining option is no longer possible on the ottoman? The TV looks like it sticks out from the back wall of the suite (so no flat back for someone to sit on the ottoman and there's no ability to squeeze out into the aisle with the table out. Can someone please confirm if companion dining is possible?
in the F suites it is still possible to dine and drink together, but it is not so comfortable (in particular for bigger guys) and the suite feels a bit small for two
better on the old open 10 seats configuration
Old May 31, 2015, 2:15 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Curious about 3E/F in the 9-seat F config -- in the pictures I've been able to find, compared to other seats in the cabin they look kind of cramped/narrow? Is this right? Is the seat the same width as the other seats but just with a narrower ottoman/footrest area?

And does Thai offer the option to "dine together" in first with one person sitting on the ottoman of another seat?
Old May 31, 2015, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bgriff
And does Thai offer the option to "dine together" in first with one person sitting on the ottoman of another seat?
Yes
Old May 31, 2015, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
as already mentioned, for dining together the old F is better. Squeeze two big guys into the suite for dining together might not be a good idea...
Old Jun 1, 2015, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by smit0847
Flying TG F SYD-BKK-HKG-BKK-SYD on Oct and all flights are currently showing 747 seat map, mostly new F.

I'm travelling with my best mate and its his first time in F so want to maximise the experience. I've flown in old 747 F once by myself.

I cant decide which seats we should be going for. All flights except the last BKK-SYD ones are day flights and on these day flights we won't be sleeping or watching many movies or reading, it'll mostly be eating, drinking, chatting and enjoying the experience together. I've picked both seats in Row 1 as I like the idea of the privacy and having no-one in front of you but we are going to want to chat together not sit alone.

Would the middle pair be a better bet for conversation? Can you sit in someone elses suite on the ottoman outside of meal service when the table is not out or would you be far too close together? Ie not enough leg space for 2 people?

I would suggest booking a pair of seats together if you want to chat for most of the flight. 1A/K are not that close... and noise travels. Your fellow passengers will probably appreciate you being as close together to keep the noise down

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.