Search

700 Baht "airport fee" ex-BKK!?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by nisnekmil
I like to share my experience.

Last year when I travel Y and had a transit in BKK within 24 hours, I left the airport and pull over a night in the city, upon check in at BKK next morning i was told to pay the 700 baht tax before I could check in. I was a new ROP member back then.

The next month I flew C and had a similar transit, no question ask at C check in.

Then the rest of the year I was traveling C and always have a night in BKK all within 24 hours and not being asked for the tax.

In Dec I received my ROP gold.

Last week flew Y and again transit with one night stay in BKK, check in at ROP gold counter and I was expecting to pay the tax if they ask, and they didn't.

So I think this has do with your class of travel and your ROP status if you transit BKK, can't print your onward flight's boarding pass from origin as connection is more than 12 hours, and you wish to leave the airport.
It has nothing to do with status nor cabin of travel, it has to do with the agent and whether your itin is flagged when brought onto the screen. It's really a roll of the dice.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Plus, I have read somewhere (cannot find it now), that some airlines do include the charge on the tickets automatically whenever the layover is longer than 12 hours...
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
It has nothing to do with status nor cabin of travel, it has to do with the agent and whether your itin is flagged when brought onto the screen. It's really a roll of the dice.

well then guess I'm always the lucky one, except my first flight in Y with no status.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Plus, I have read somewhere (cannot find it now), that some airlines do include the charge on the tickets automatically whenever the layover is longer than 12 hours...
I have had, and have coming up, trips on THAI with either a long conection in BKK (>12 and <24), or a stopover >24 hrs. Trips in Y and J, and with/without status.

In none of the cases has THB 700 been included on the ticket (or the KRW equivalent). I have never been asked to pay when checking in at BKK for the onwards flight after the linn connection/stop.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 2:03 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
My score is 3 out of 5 to pay... On top of that, I got STPC from OS in October 2015. They put me in Louise Tavern originally. When I said I wanted Novotel, they said I would have to pay THB700. And I did for myself and Mrs happily, since Louise Tavern is complete rubbish compared to Novotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.