Community
Wiki Posts
Search

700 Baht "airport fee" ex-BKK!?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by QTFLYER
I have a ticket that has a 16 hr layover. from tg492 to 916. in the taxation breakdown I can see that TS has been collected. is there a given ruel? for me this is easy as I plan an overnight in the novotel. maybe the folk who have not been charged at re-checkin after the layover have also already had TS collected but without actually knowing it.

as a possible point of difference this ticket was issed on 086 stock.
The only reason you should have the TS included in such a ticket is if you told the travel agent/ticketing agent that you would be going landside. If it was purchased online, it should automatically not be included. And if a travel agent/ticketing agent is issuing the ticket, they shouldn't be assuming automatically that you will be exiting, although some may and then manually force the TS to be included.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by SilverChris
I overheard someone complaining to the check in agent that the transfer desk couldn't print his BP so he had to head landside to get it done. The agent looked confused and eventually let him go but not before saying "I can't guarantee next time allow this"!
Sounds like the passenger was making up some BS story. If they couldn't print the BP at the transfer desk for some reason, they'd need to call up someone landside and have them print them and run them over to the transfer desk. Asking all the passengers to go landside to have them printed just wouldn't work. Some passengers wouldn't even have a visa nor be allowed to enter without a visa but just the stamp. I think the checkin agent's comment was just a nice way of calling him on his BS but allowing him to not pay the tax.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by aislealways
i am not sure that's entirely correct. i don't believe it's thai policy to collect airport fees on -24 hr tickets as (right or wrong) they assume you're in transit.
to be precise: its not Thais policy but its how the CRS work as they assume someone who continues his trip within 24 hrs to beyond destination is assumed to be "in transit" (an old established "IATA-rule"). Therefore:
only if ravel agent is "forcing" a stopover (marking BKK as an intermediate stopover point by "O") one can make sure to be properly been charged and permitted to leave the exteritorrial transit area (also see answer by A_Lee above).
Old Apr 20, 2016, 12:19 am

Smile

TS : Thailand: Domestic Passenger Service Charge

TS tax is levied for passenger travelling from international to domestic flight in Thailand irrespective of the transit duration.

The increase of the Fare component as BKK S22.34 (values approx as 22.34 USD) when you have transit more than 24 hrs at bangkok airport for next connecting flight in Thailand.

This BKK S22.34 (is changeable depend on the USD value) has to be collected by travel agent in the fare and mentioned in the ticket before it is issued.

I guess online ticketing cannot be done, only travel agent can do it with force.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 1:14 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
and what is your question or conclusion?
most airports have service charges (which are sometimes not payable if in transit) and most are added to ticket costs. I have not encountered any difference in BKK if you transit from international to domestic or whether you go through normal arrival immigration and check in later again
Old Apr 22, 2016, 2:08 am

I will be doing this next month and report back.

Take 2 BP card the the origin one for BKK and other for PHUKET and have thru baggage check in upto phuket and have 10 hour layover. Then after land in BKK get out of the airport thru normal immigration showing my return ticket and valid visa carrying only my hand baggage.

Later come to airport before 2 hour of departure flight and directly proceed to security for boarding the flight with my BP issued at origin.

Xx
Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by Sunny Dom

Take 2 BP card the the origin one for BKK and other for PHUKET and have thru baggage check in upto phuket and have 10 hour layover. Then after land in BKK get out of the airport thru normal immigration showing my return ticket and valid visa carrying only my hand baggage.

Later come to airport before 2 hour of departure flight and directly proceed to security for boarding the flight with my BP issued at origin.
yes please let us know! I bet you will not have to pay anything...
Old May 5, 2016, 7:02 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Stephen65
We flew FRA-BKK-MEL in J in mid-July and had a 16 hour stopover on the way back so we chose to leave the airport.

On checking back in we were not charged the departure tax but we did already have boarding passes for BKK-MEL on Thai paper issued in FRA.
If you didn't already pay for it (without knowing, sometimes) when issuing the ticket, it was just luck the agent didn't charge you for the airport tax when checking back in. A loop hole is still there until today, it is just depending on the level of experience of check in agents.
Old May 5, 2016, 7:04 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Sunny Dom

Xx
Domestic tax is very minimal, I think its 100-200 baht. 700 baht is only for international departure. On your way back from Phuket (via BKK) to international, if get out of the airport (and airport tax is not already paid on your ticket), you will run a risk of paying 700 baht.
Old May 5, 2016, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by kiam
Domestic tax is very minimal, I think its 100-200 baht. 700 baht is only for international departure. On your way back from Phuket (via BKK) to international, if get out of the airport (and airport tax is not already paid on your ticket), you will run a risk of paying 700 baht.
so if they check in in domestic terminal and go through immigration in BKK after the domestic flight, do they also have to pay the 700 THB?
Or maybe a international ticket out of BKK always includes the 700 THB departure tax regardless whether it includes a domestic feeder flight or it starts from BKK?
Old May 5, 2016, 11:09 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
so if they check in in domestic terminal and go through immigration in BKK after the domestic flight, do they also have to pay the 700 THB?
Or maybe a international ticket out of BKK always includes the 700 THB departure tax regardless whether it includes a domestic feeder flight or it starts from BKK?
Any flight that departs Thailand internationally will attract the 700B fee. It is only if it is an INT-INT transit that it is avoided.
Old May 6, 2016, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by travelislife
Any flight that departs Thailand internationally will attract the 700B fee. It is only if it is an INT-INT transit that it is avoided.
ok thanks for confirmation; that's what I thought.
therefore the statement from kiam "On your way back from Phuket (via BKK) to international, if get out of the airport (and airport tax is not already paid on your ticket), you will run a risk of paying 700 baht" is NOT correct.
Old May 7, 2016, 6:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BinSabai
yes please let us know! I bet you will not have to pay anything...
Yep I have done this about a dozen times now and no 700BHT fee payable, despite the signs they have up at immigration saying you might be charged if you exit whilst transiting only.
Old May 7, 2016, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Yep I have done this about a dozen times now and no 700BHT fee payable, despite the signs they have up at immigration saying you might be charged if you exit whilst transiting only.
did you have the bags checked through and the boarding pass already issued before arrival
Old May 8, 2016, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There has been talk of raising this fee to 800 - 1,000 THB, on/off over the past three years

I believe an additional 35 THB was added recently which covers APPS?

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/121332

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/128754

But not certain if this has actually started being collected?

The domestic fee remains at 100 THB, although this has also been mentioned as a candidate for an increase (to 200 THB).

There has also been some talk about a separate Tourist Entry Fee, with 500 THB floated. The "authorities" say this money would be used to "maintain" tourist attractions.

Last edited by transpac; May 8, 2016 at 10:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.