Wiki Posts
Search

Long haul F going downhill again ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:53 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Winner winner chicken dinner.
nope, everybody knows TIP is simply BKKROP. He even said so himself.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

TIP
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by RICK69

TIP
Nah. They're usually much less refined. [redacted]

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Dec 12, 2012 at 3:41 pm
Old Dec 11, 2012, 9:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

http://wishurhere.files.wordpress.co....jpg?w=1000&h=

TIP ? Never seen a passenger with a bottle of JW BLUE on their table.........not even me I get it by the glass not the bottle.

Last edited by RICK69; Dec 12, 2012 at 5:28 pm
Old Dec 12, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Long haul F going downhill again ?

Often they aren't actually paying for a ticket either. The old president had cracked down on this enormously to the benefit of Thais bottom line but I think we might see a few more TIPs creeping back in with their demands.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 8:46 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by travelislife
Often they aren't actually paying for a ticket either. The old president had cracked down on this enormously to the benefit of Thais bottom line but I think we might see a few more TIPs creeping back in with their demands.
Spot on. TIP's are also funny as they immediately deflate when not on Thai soil or on a TG plane .
Old Dec 12, 2012, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by vnatraj
What/who is a TIP?
TIP = Thai Important Person, i think (but I have seen the "I" substituted with irritating, insolent, imb*cile). it's generally not a term used as a compliment

a TIP is someone who believes they are better, more important, more informed than everyone else. they brag about their importance and all the special treatment they receive or believe they are entitled to. often, however, a TIP will be uninformed and completely unaware of how insensitive or boorish they are. a TIP can talk complete rubbish, but because they are possessed with their own grandeur they think they are shakespeare!

TIPs can be quick to complain if things are not right and will generally make themselves known to various TG staff just so everyone knows how important they (think they) are. definitely they will introduce themselves to the cabin service managers on a flight. when they do this for a couple of weeks, everyone in the airline gets to know them. once the TG staff know of this "importance", they never forget the TIP and then the TIP gets special treatment. i can't believe how much special treatment they get. i keep expecting this special treatment to end but it keeps on going, year after year.

there may a TIP on this forum, and so it is worth reading (some) posts with a grain of salt.

peace to you all, even the TIPs, at this special time of year.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:09 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Exact!!! Interestingly, I encountered a group of them on TK flight between PRG and IST accompanying some children theatre group few years ago. They were extremely unhappy that TK did not treat them as TG would - Mrs vbroucek and I got op-up while they were seated in the tail together with all those children...
Old Dec 13, 2012, 4:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

TG 917, First. LHR to BKK. Very bad food. Cold Starter of Artichokes. Loin of Pork inedible and impossible to cut. Breakfast omelette awful. Boarding in London very badly handled and chaotic. The A340 First cabin falls short on seats and space.

Oh dear another bad review from SKYTRAX.

Please Thai bring the 747 back on LHR/BKK/LHR.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
TG 917, First. LHR to BKK. Very bad food. Cold Starter of Artichokes. Loin of Pork inedible and impossible to cut. Breakfast omelette awful. Boarding in London very badly handled and chaotic. The A340 First cabin falls short on seats and space.

I used the comment card on board and handed it to the crew. Today received an email from customer services acknowledging the receipt and that the issues are investigated.

I would ask everyone to write in when you have issues and push hopefully for improvements where needed.

Globalist
Old Dec 14, 2012, 7:13 am

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
I want my own bottle of Blue label!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 8:57 am

I did this flight in reverse on 30th Nov and thoroughly enjoyed it, the food was very nice as were the cabin crew we chatted away merrily. I actually prefer the A340 to the 747 maybe it was because there were only 4 PAX onboard including myself and my wife.

The only problem came when disembarking as the airbridge was between the two sections in business class so first disembarked after most of business but that wasn't TG's fault.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: TK Gold, FB Silver, A3 Silver, BA Bronze
Agreed. The 346 is perfectly fine in F, and the service in my (admittedly limited) experience is exemplary.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Dec 16, 2012 at 12:26 am Reason: Redact ad hominem comment.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
I want my own bottle of Blue label!
Are you TIP ? Or you are not going to get one.

Last edited by RICK69; Dec 15, 2012 at 10:56 pm
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jofneytoad
I I actually prefer the A340 to the 747 maybe it was because there were only 4 PAX onboard including myself and my wife.
I would rather fly a full 747 in seat 1A than be the only PAX in a A340.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.