Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK First Class Lounge Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:27 pm

Programs: aeroplan E .HH.
Arriving TG F. Domestic TG biz. NO ACCESS

Done it in past But this year no way Tried ,complained,told no way. See TG Facebook
:-:
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by dinosims
So I understand that you have access to the First Class Lounge in BKK if you are flying F on any *A on the same day, but how do redeye connections work? I have a BKK-ICN redeye in C on TG (unfortunately no F on this route) connecting to ICN-FRA in F on OZ, which departs the following day. Think I would be able to get access? As far as I can tell, it would grant me access to one of the Royal Silk lounges plus a half hour spa treatment, but does anyone have any experience with this?
You'll gain access to any of TG's *G or C lounges. You'll also be eligible for a 30 min massage.

For post-midnight flights you'll gain lounge access the day before.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Will an itinerary connecting at BKK (arriving on TG F and departing on TG C) be granted access to the F lounge (e.g. TG641 NRT-BKK in F, followed by TG221 BKK-HTK in C)?

Last edited by Time traveller; Feb 7, 2012 at 10:40 pm
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:05 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Sorry, other posters have a similar problem. The use of International departure lounges by domestic transit passengers was once doable here but whilst Thailand press are saying little other than we are friends with everyone, there has been a major security scare and the airport is stopping arrivals mixing with departures and international passengers mixing with domestics. You will be delivered to the domestic lounge.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:46 am

Programs: AC, US, AA, UA, BA, QF, DL...
Intl F to intl C

If I'm arriving on a TG flight in F from NRT and connecting to a TG flight to MEL in C (no F on the route) would I get into the F lounge and Spa section?

Also, does anyone know if they still gve out the Rimowa amenity kits in F, and if so, would I get one on NRT-BKK?

Trying to decide if it's better to do NRT-BKK-MEL (actual destination) or NRT-BKK-SYD to get 2 segments in F instead of the mix and then catch a cheap SYD-MEL flight on Jetstar or Virgin. If I'll only get the amenity kit by doing SYD that might swing the decision.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: StarAlliance (Aeroplan)
Originally Posted by Arcanum
If I'm arriving on a TG flight in F from NRT and connecting to a TG flight to MEL in C (no F on the route) would I get into the F lounge and Spa section?

Also, does anyone know if they still gve out the Rimowa amenity kits in F, and if so, would I get one on NRT-BKK?
Based on what I've read, NRT-BKK will yield a Rimowa kit but no PJ. (Apparently only flights above 6 hours get PJ's, I guess they round down as NRT-BKK is just a bit more than 6 hours)

Your NRT-BKK boarding pass (As long as it's same day) should get you in the First Class lounge. Your BKK-MEL will get you a 30 min massage as it's the outbound flight that determines the treatment. Although I've read that some people have received the full 1 hour based on the inbound flight. (YMMV)
Old Feb 8, 2012, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by InsaneTravel

Your NRT-BKK boarding pass (As long as it's same day) should get you in the First Class lounge.

That's not quite true. You need to be connecting but if you arrive at 10PM and don't fly out until 8AM (not saying it's the case in this discussion, but for argument's sake) you still have been historically getting F lounge access.

Originally Posted by InsaneTravel
Your BKK-MEL will get you a 30 min massage as it's the outbound flight that determines the treatment. Although I've read that some people have received the full 1 hour based on the inbound flight. (YMMV)
This is very much a YMMV situation.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:30 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Arriving in F around 22:00. Looking at departing the following morning in F at 8:00 all on TG.

I understand the F lounge is closed from 1:00-5:00ish. Any thoughts on some options for a little sleep and a shower airside or landside?

Would the Novotel be worth it for a handful of hours or are there better options?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:53 am
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Originally Posted by goingbananas
Any thoughts on some options for a little sleep and a shower airside or landside?

Would the Novotel be worth it for a handful of hours or are there better options?
Not sure about Novotel. If it was me, I would either check into an airport hotel, or use the lounge until it is closed and then park myself in one of the recliners (at the pier E end of pier D, or at the start of pier C). Watch a movie on my PC for a couple of hours, have a nap, the 1am to 5am period will pass in a snap.

Just a thought.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Arriving in F around 22:00. Looking at departing the following morning in F at 8:00 all on TG.

I understand the F lounge is closed from 1:00-5:00ish. Any thoughts on some options for a little sleep and a shower airside or landside?

There is a hotel inside BKK airport, have used it a few times... Clean and comfy... Go to the info desk. Zzzzzzzzz!

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:31 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT

The Novotel is the way to go,if like me, you enjoy your sleep. However if you are arriving on TG and leaving on it also in First, and have status with them, ask them if there is any space in the C rooms available for overnight.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by hgp
Not sure about Novotel. If it was me, I would either check into an airport hotel, or use the lounge until it is closed and then park myself in one of the recliners (at the pier E end of pier D, or at the start of pier C). Watch a movie on my PC for a couple of hours, have a nap, the 1am to 5am period will pass in a snap.

Just a thought.
Thanks...I normally have business in BKK, and stay at the JW Marriott, but not this time and I just think going through customs, then taxi into town, check in, its back to the airport in hours or so. Its probably stay airside on go to the Novotel.....

The recliners, are they pretty flat reclining and is it generally quiet?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Thanks...I normally have business in BKK, and stay at the JW Marriott, but not this time and I just think going through customs, then taxi into town, check in, its back to the airport in hours or so. Its probably stay airside on go to the Novotel.....

Personally, I would not recommend the recliners, and I'm one who frequently doesn't mind putting up with something substandard for a brief period of time if it means saving considerable money or convenience in another way. I just wouldn't feel comfortable in that area after seeing them filled with all sorts of passengers from all over the world, most of whom are people that are "too cheap" to pay for a room. I don't mean to be derogatory or in any way insulting to those people by that comment, but I would simply worry that one or more out of the group might have sticky fingers and if I fell asleep, all my belongings might not be there when I woke up.

The area is anything but quiet, with people moving about and those who aren't sleeping may be talking to each other.

Last edited by A_Lee; Feb 16, 2012 at 8:37 pm
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:30 pm
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Despite my earlier post, I've only ever walked past the recliners. Never felt the need to try them out.

A_Lee makes a good point, also.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by A_Lee
Personally, I would not recommend the recliners, and I'm one who frequently doesn't mind putting up with something substandard for a brief period of time if it means saving considerable money or convenience in another way. I just wouldn't feel comfortable in that area after seeing them filled with all sorts of passengers from all over the world, most of whom are people that are "too cheap" to pay for a room. I don't mean to be derogatory or in any way insulting to those people by that comment, but I would simply worry that one or more out of the group might have sticky fingers and if I fell asleep, all my belongings might not be there when I woke up.

The area is anything but quiet, with people moving about and those who aren't sleeping may be talking to each other.
Thanks...I may have to lean towards a room....honestly...if I could just lay down..."veg out" with some steam (from hot water) going for an hour or two, I would be good then but I think I better look airside...especially...now...since my SO is looking at tagging along to get away from it all for several days!!

Last edited by goingbananas; Feb 16, 2012 at 11:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.