Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated on THAI First A380

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2013, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Exactly... if I'm flying, the last thing I want to do is be surfing the net...
I'd have to be either sober or awake on a long haul to use wi-if. neither of which I am when except for takeoff and landing
Old Apr 10, 2013, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I'd have to be either sober or awake on a long haul to use wi-if. neither of which I am when except for takeoff and landing
Awake for takeoff/landing: check.

Sober for takeoff/landing: why?

Old Apr 10, 2013, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dsquared37

in case I got hounded by those on here concerned with safety (didn't need the lecture)
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:04 pm

Might sound like a stupid Question, but is the A380 First with a Mattress by the Staff if one wants to go to sleep? And how about the "retrofitted" 10 seats 747?
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
Might sound like a stupid Question, but is the A380 First with a Mattress by the Staff if one wants to go to sleep? And how about the "retrofitted" 10 seats 747?
yes - both come with some sort of covering which goes over the seats. I just flew the 747 a week ago - can't even remember what they put on there - but it was perfectly comfortable.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
WHat are the 2 best seats for a couple in F on the A380? It seems to be 1EF or 2EF. Any have recommendations of 1 over the other?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yoshapman
WHat are the 2 best seats for a couple in F on the A380? It seems to be 1EF or 2EF. Any have recommendations of 1 over the other?
probably 2EF, much for the same reason as row 2 is preferred for individuals... not too close to the front and not too close to the galley at the back.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
probably 2EF, much for the same reason as row 2 is preferred for individuals... not too close to the front and not too close to the galley at the back.
Thanks - One of the 2 seats of 2EF wasn't currently available, so I chose 1EF for now. Flight is still 7 months away, so will see as it gets closer.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:32 pm

Programs: Thai reborn Platinum , EY Platinum ,Annie's Preferred Guest , Knauber Hobbymarkt Rabattkarte
After a couple of A380 trips I decided to travel C later this year with a companion . If you breathe deeply and stop thinking that F is anything else but a different seat I recommend to save miles or cash . To be separated by an Airbus plastic wall in the middle is actually something very stupid . I am sure they would put a bottle of DOM from duty free in the fridge for you if you need that .
Old Jun 20, 2013, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by yoshapman
Thanks - One of the 2 seats of 2EF wasn't currently available, so I chose 1EF for now. Flight is still 7 months away, so will see as it gets closer.
I have a couple of TG A380 award flights booked and it seems that 2F is blocked on both. 3F and 3K are also blocked per Expertflyer. Not sure why they block 25% of the cabin and only leave one row that couples can book in advance. I know OZ do similar as well.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:36 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by LondonMiles
I have a couple of TG A380 award flights booked and it seems that 2F is blocked on both. 3F and 3K are also blocked per Expertflyer. Not sure why they block 25% of the cabin and only leave one row that couples can book in advance. I know OZ do similar as well.
probably so they have a contingency for people who don't do advance seat selection, possibly to save for platinum card holders or vips, possibly for crew rest
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
probably so they have a contingency for people who don't do advance seat selection, possibly to save for platinum card holders or vips, possibly for crew rest
Yes I guess that is it. I still think it's slightly odd though that they block 2 seats in middle sections, but not adjacent seats (ie they block 2F and 3F).

So it means that as the cabin fills, singles may end up taking 2E and 3E, making it quite difficult for couples to get seated together, without doing seat swaps on board.

On one of my flights we have 2A and 2E. Someone will probably get 2F at the airport and then I'll have to try and swap with them (should be easy if they're on their own).
Old Jun 22, 2013, 12:45 pm
kkl

Let me guess TG931 17th Oct?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:09 am

Yes I guess that is it. I still think it's slightly odd though that they block 2 seats in middle sections, but not adjacent seats (ie they block 2F and 3F).

So it means that as the cabin fills, singles may end up taking 2E and 3E, making it quite difficult for couples to get seated together, without doing seat swaps on board.

On one of my flights we have 2A and 2E. Someone will probably get 2F at the airport and then I'll have to try and swap with them (should be easy if they're on their own).
I have to agree that this is frustrating. One flight, 1EF are taken and you can't prebook 2 and 3, so 2 of 12 seats can be together and they are taken. On the second flight, 1E is taken by a single traveler, again 2 and 3 are blocked, so 0 of 12 seats can be together.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:07 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by dsquared37

Exactly! +1! ^

Cheers,

AG. :-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.