Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated on THAI First A380

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2013, 6:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
The F cabin does not feel cheap at all and you can have breakfast together. I ate with my partner 2 weeks ago on the aircraft. Perhaps you were flying on a completely different Thai A380 that nobody else has been on yet.

agree about the food.
now that i think about you are totally right, and i correct myself. if that table slides toward the center another person can of course sit on the ottoman.

but the cabin absolutely feels cheap. if not cheap then average. Have you been in the alcantara clad F cabin of LH's new F? It's like walking into a private jet cabin and the service is refined, not even teutonic, wifi works, and they hand out Bose QC headsets.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by Allvest
now that i think about you are totally right, and i correct myself. if that table slides toward the center another person can of course sit on the ottoman.

but the cabin absolutely feels cheap. if not cheap then average. Have you been in the alcantara clad F cabin of LH's new F? It's like walking into a private jet cabin and the service is refined, not even teutonic, wifi works, and they hand out Bose QC headsets.
It is all about perception and expectation. On my flight I did not find the A380 F cabin cheap. It was nice, worked well, gave you everything you would need.

Most of you will have seen the trip report: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-747-a380.html

Comparing with the likes of LH and SQ one can only so if you also compare the price. TG gives fantastic value for money and has the best end to end experience if you count the ground service.

Globalist
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Onboard: cheap cabin feel. Ok seats but no better than their old ones and you can't have a guest for bfast anymore with the new F configuration. Rimowa amenity kit (preferred the Tumi) to add to my extensive collection. Friendly staff but piss poor meal service. Just horrible awful catering. I had high expectations, perhaps on par with LH new F service, but it was another complete let down. Rubbery rolls, cheap service wear, unstylish, lacking imagination, flair or even taste. Cappuccino out of a 3 in 1 pouch totally undrinkable. The list goes on.
LH F is a lot nicer, but I was actually positively surprised by how nice the TG 380 was.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:41 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
yeah I've flown SQ A380 suites on the last trip and whilst yes obviously SQ is superior I was still pretty happy with TG A380 F seats.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BMI, MR, HH, PC
Where are a380s going next winter? TGs winter schedules showing both FRA and LHR with 747s on dates I require in December.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Cappuccino out of a 3 in 1 pouch totally undrinkable. The list goes on.
On a BKK-HKG segment I found the coffee to be watery but not instant. We chalked it up to a crew that was still learning the ropes. And there's no sense in drinking coffee when one can concentrate on champagne.

While waiting for BTS last night the opposite direction train pulled in clad with TG A380 advertisements. The image immediately in front of me was a caucasian man sitting in 2E and a TG FA kneeling and serving orange juice on a tray. There were no other passengers in the cabin and it appeared the AVOD was showing the purple background welcome screen.

What caught my eyes however was the blue side screen that nobody seems to know anything about. It was prominent and, well, quite blue.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 6:19 am

Programs: RVT 1K
Originally Posted by dsquared37

What caught my eyes however was the blue side screen that nobody seems to know anything about. It was prominent and, well, quite blue.

What is up with that screen...going to be like on the 77W in the future?

I think the TG A380 is fine, not quite as nice as LH but really quite good. I think they should have another lav up front instead of the lounge...I doubt that it will ever be used much.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: QF,US,ANA
Originally Posted by RS250Racer

I think the TG A380 is fine, not quite as nice as LH but really quite good. I think they should have another lav up front instead of the lounge...I doubt that it will ever be used much.
Can you use the lounge if wish ? I will be travelling with the wife from FRA-BKK and I thought it would be something different to sit in a lounge and have a drink.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ianp
Can you use the lounge if wish ? I will be travelling with the wife from FRA-BKK and I thought it would be something different to sit in a lounge and have a drink.
If you travel In F you can use it at your leisure. Don't expect too much of it though. Yes it is different but the seat is more comfortable. The lounge is nice to gather if you are with a few people.

Globalist
Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RS250Racer
What is up with that screen...going to be like on the 77W in the future?

The screen is a strange thing, it is said to become the panel to control the seat like in the 77W but the software was not ready yet. It takes a long time now for this to be solved, similar to the wifi.

Seems TG is not very strong in making this happen?

Globalist
Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: RVT 1K
Yeah, on my recent fra-bkk no one used it, but cabin was only half full, and the bar was not set up...I am sure they would accommodate you...they didn't mind making a bed out of the empty seat next to me.

Once nice thing about the lounge area was they had a nice selection of English newspapers and magazines that I did not see anywhere else.

If you had a group of people flying and you wanted to socialize I could see it being alright.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:35 pm

Programs: QF,US,ANA
Originally Posted by Globalist
If you travel In F you can use it at your leisure. Don't expect too much of it though. Yes it is different but the seat is more comfortable. The lounge is nice to gather if you are with a few people.

Globalist
That sounds great , I realise it wont be as comfy as the F seats but it will make a change sitting in a lounge at 30,000 feet..
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:38 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
In regards to the TG A380 F experience.

Originally Posted by Globalist
Comparing with the likes of LH and SQ one can only so if you also compare the price. TG gives fantastic value for money and has the best end to end experience if you count the ground service.

Globalist
I think that is an accurate assesment. TG has a price point for its F product which is a lot less than LH or SQ. Hence expectations have to be brought into line. (Arriving into BKK with the buggies/carts, and departing BKK using the F lounge/Spa is a great ground experience. LH ground experience IMO looks much better from the reports Ive seen, but again the price point is higher.)

Not to say that the basics like seat control software for the blue screen, mattress which are yet to arrive for the F seats, and catering cant be fixed and/or improved upon.

Last edited by spizzy; Feb 15, 2013 at 11:43 pm
Old Feb 16, 2013, 3:02 am

Thai Airways A380 First Class Pictures

Flew Thai Airways A380 from BKK to FRA on Jan 24, 2013 using United MileagePlus miles. Pictures & review on my blog http://travel.bart.la/2013/02/12/tha...l-first-class/ Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2013, 6:01 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by bartla
Flew Thai Airways A380 from BKK to FRA on Jan 24, 2013 using United MileagePlus miles. Pictures & review on my blog http://travel.bart.la/2013/02/12/tha...l-first-class/ Thanks!
Nice pics and report! Too bad you had to skip the rest of the meal service after caviar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.