Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai & Volcanic Ash Situation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2010, 3:02 am

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by gwhiteuk
Hi,

I've just visited the THAI office at Luarn Luang (BKK). It was not very busy, no wait in the ROP Gold Q.

The normal Q only had 5 or 6 people waiting.

I was told TG916 was operating normally to London. All Flights to Europe expected to operate normally from Friday 23rd.

Was told additional flights to clear the backlog not yet confirmed.

My existing booking will be honoured, so back to UK Tomorrow.

Regards, Graham
I had similar information from a lovely person I spoke to at TG offices in London.

Our reservation for Friday LHR to BKK is all confirmed, the flight is operating and we are to proceed to the airport and check in as normal !!!

I do hope that those stranded get home soon, but am also relieved that we are able to take a long awaited holiday
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:41 pm

Programs: Thai ROP Gold, BMI DC (RIP), Avios
Hi,

THAI seem to be trying hard to clear the backlog of returning passengers from BKK.

From today's Bangkok Post http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/...-clear-backlog

There were also 2 TG916's leaving BKK this morning for LHR (11:35 and 12:35 - one called TG916D).

Regards, Graham
Old Apr 23, 2010, 2:55 pm

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
THAI seem to be trying hard to clear the backlog of returning passengers from BKK.

indeed. learned in Germany that there will also be an additional flight to Frankfurt on Monday 26 leaving BKK at 10.30 and arriving fRA 16.45 (TG9229).
But it seems so far no reservations possible yet.... mainly this flight ^is aimed at bringing stranded people home....
Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by vbroucek
I do not believe they would do it that way. They cannot kick passangers with confirmed booking off and replace them with those stranded since that would constitue IDB with all the consequences (particularly on flights to EU)... I would rather believe that they will do what others do - honour existing bookings and fill the rest with those stranded. They may offer few VDB though.
Originally Posted by pansted00
I believe you are correct, at least that's the way AF is doing it in order to avoid compensation.
Originally Posted by vbroucek
From THAI website:

I would interpret this as follows:
1) passengers booked for particular flight have their seats guaranteed
2) any free seats will be filled in with those above, based on their reservation sequence, or better I would argue on number of days stranded, fare buckets and other variables... In many cases status will also play role as has been proven on LH...

That's what others do, including that they (in some cases) do not allow taking seats from other fare buckets etc...

Your theory about using booking sequence only is flawed anyway, because for example my flights MEL-BKK-CDG on 6 May were booked in September 2009, so my ticketing/booking sequence number will for sure be lower than someones who booked flight in January for yesterday cancelled flight... So I should have priority anyway...
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
It is for sure: TG will respect existing bookings first and then fill up the flight"s available seats by stranded (returning) passengers first ..........TG is aware that they cant kick off guests with confirmed reservations for the resumed flights in favour of strnded guests...tha twould result in a breach of contract.
All correct.

My sister travelled as originally booked yesterday (Thursday) LHR-BKK-SYD without any problems, and that is exactly what they were doing.

God only knows where the idea that people with existing bookings were going to be denied the chance to travel in favour of others who had been shifted into their place. I doubt even TG would be daft enough to come up with something like that.

Last edited by MAN Flyer; Apr 23, 2010 at 3:33 pm
Old Apr 23, 2010, 4:35 pm

correct, Manflyer,
and all te special fligths over this weekend to STO, LHR, CDG, CPH and FRA(announced on the TG website) are exclusively aimed to bring the stranded pax back home....
Old Apr 23, 2010, 8:16 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Airbus 346 to Europe to clear backlog

The Sydney and Tokyo A346s will be transferred to the European runs to clear the backlog of passengers. TG are saying they have 20,000 passengers still stranded, but industry blogs put the figure much higher.

It is obvious to us all, that TG have made exceptional efforts not to inconvience Business, first class and ROP gold members, but there are a particular group, taking the brunt of the delays, which is obvious when you transit through the Asian ports.

The extraction of the A346 from Sydney greatly diminishes the chances of award seats in First and upgrades
Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:23 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
correct, Manflyer,
and all te special fligths over this weekend to STO, LHR, CDG, CPH and FRA(announced on the TG website) are exclusively aimed to bring the stranded pax back home....
For which I unreservedly commend TG and it's management!!!
Old Apr 24, 2010, 2:55 am

Good Afternoon.
Do you know what Thai will operate to Sydney instead and which flights will be affected?
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: Thai Airways - Star Alliance Silver
I am sitting in the first class lounge waiting to board TG910 (BKK-LHR). The lounge is quite empty. Does this signify a light load in F? To be frank it was quite crowded when there were pax from the Frankfurt bound flight. Everything seems to be operating normally at Suvarnarnabhumi.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
learned in Germany that there will also be an additional flight to Frankfurt on Monday 26 leaving BKK at 10.30 and arriving fRA 16.45 (TG9229).
But it seems so far no reservations possible yet.... mainly this flight ^is aimed at bringing stranded people home....
Sure it is. Even the return flight, called TG 9239, is in the system and available for bookings. Wonder where these birds are coming from...

F.R.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
But, the A346 will come back to SYD once the backlog is cleared, right? And is it both flights affected?

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:45 pm

Exclamation

QUOTE=BKKROP;13832495]The Sydney and Tokyo A346s will be transferred to the European runs to clear the backlog of passengers. TG are saying they have 20,000 passengers still stranded, but industry blogs put the figure much higher. ....
([/QUOTE]

Big efforts, yes, but nevertheless, I wonder: on their special "rescue" flight today (Sunday) to Paris (TG 9309 dep BKK 14.30) one can still make bookings in all classes - still many seats available and not fully booked, available in the reservations systems.... that does not look like 20.000 still stranded.
But anyways, other airlines likei.e. EK or LH also mention long waitlists out of BKK since the volcano eruption.

->->-> everybody who is really desperate to leave BKK for Europe: go straight to the airport and catch todays special flight to Paris!

A recent article in Bangkok Post suggests the idea of A340 to be deployed on European routes, true...but I wonder what TG can do with 200 Y-seats... will the big business class sections be released to stranded customers, too?

Last edited by Creole Spirit; Apr 24, 2010 at 8:11 pm
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:50 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl
Sure it is. Even the return flight, called TG 9239, is in the system and available for bookings. Wonder where these birds are coming from...
F.R.
Well - while the Frankfurt flight on Monday is not easy to book, the special flight to Paris this afternoon (TG9309 leaving BKK at 14.30 today!)apparently still has many seats as one can make reservations in all booking classes, even V and W.... not really fully booked.... probably a lack of communication with all those special flights - tomorows flight to Frankfurt does not yet appear on the international website with all the other special flights, but instead on TG's German website (in German language only)...
Old Apr 25, 2010, 3:27 am

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Big efforts, yes, but nevertheless, I wonder: on their special "rescue" flight today (Sunday) to Paris (TG 9309 dep BKK 14.30) one can still make bookings in all classes - still many seats available and not fully booked, available in the reservations systems.... :
It is true that the some flights are not full, other airlines are reporting the same, maybe paxs have lengthened their holidays or are back home and as yet have not claimed. I haven't seen a screen this w/e, the fact is that these paxs are in the system, but they are not on the planes.

AG, I checked the other night when they sent me an advice, but I couldn't see where they had taken an aircraft from, could be it is not going to happen now that the loads are not high.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 3:41 am

Thank you.

PNH-BKK this evening has been downgraded from an A300 to a B737, however BKK-SYD is still showing an A346 on OLCI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.