Wiki Posts
Search

Possible relocation to Dallas

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
How is Dallas/Ft. Worth going to work w/ Ian's "10 mile rule"? (10mr is he won't go farther than 10 miles for a date).

Cheers.
He'll have to lower his standards and take out a 7/10 lady!
Old Apr 18, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by enviroian
Dallas is denser. I'll be fine if I move.

FWIW I did a 10 mile search for the following criteria on match

zip 85255
F 35-48
White
slender, athletic and toned
results: 344

zip 75254
F35-48
White
slender, athletic and toned
results: 766

so how many people that claim to be slender, athletic and toned actually are? just curious

Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think slender and toned is as open to interpretation as "about average " is. That category is wide open.
I'm sure Ian gets vital statistics before wasting his time on his "60-90 minutes only " first meeting. Plus if pictures are recent, a person's size is obvious.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
I spent six months in Dallas, between 07 and 08. Where I was based suited me fine. The hotel was just off Preston and just about inside Plano (the Homewood Suites Plano/North Dallas). We've also had people stay in apartments close by. You could eat well there, but it was mostly chain restaurants, with a couple of good bars (the Blue Goose was our favourite, and in walking distance). Also reasonably close to Addison (per above, nice bars and wet - I had to go there for anything stronger than wine, as a nightcap bottle for my room).

Just a thought though. Going far, in the evenings, required forward planning for taxis. I'm guessing all that is far more convenient with Uber and Lyft.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Single guy...wouldn't that call for Uptown?

Been a few years since I've spent much time in Dallas. Uptown is 10 minutes from Love Field and anywhere from 40 minutes to 2 hours from DFW. (3 hours if you have to deal with their awful rental car facility.)
Old Apr 18, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corky
I don't think slender and toned is as open to interpretation as "about average " is. That category is wide open.
I'm sure Ian gets vital statistics before wasting his time on his "60-90 minutes only " first meeting. Plus if pictures are recent, a person's size is obvious.
LOL. I would guess many pictures are not recent....
Old Apr 18, 2016, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
I tOok advice on here how to fold a suit and it worked. I'm at my hotel in Norcross enjoying a beer and just changed my flight they booked for me home tomorrow via IAH. I'm going through DEN to get home tomorrow.

Oh by the way ATL sucks. I haven't been there since '08 and little has changed.

Who taught these Atlantans (?) how to drive? These folks would last 5 minutes on the 405 in OC/LA
Old Apr 18, 2016, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ATL drivers=good practice for DFW drivers.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
Interesting discussion. My advice is for everyone to stay where they are. You all live it great places. There is no reason to move here. Visit, sure. Move, no.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Paint Horse
Interesting discussion. My advice is for everyone to stay where they are. You all live it great places. There is no reason to move here. Visit, sure. Move, no.
I get this post, I totally get this post.

All the corporate relocations are driving up real estate prices and increasing the amount of traffic on the road. Fortunately I am in the real estate market and home office. I love Dallas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.