Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

Hotel recommendations in Dallas?

Old Apr 17, 2016, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Hello all, I'm new here so hopefully I'm posting this in the correct forum. So I'm planning a birthday party for my boyfriend and we're planning on renting a suite somewhere to have friends over. I'd like recommendations for a suite with maybe 2 king beds (if it's possible I'm VERY new to hotels and travel and such) and a nice bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. We also don't really want to spend an absolute ton of money since we're still college students so nothing too expensive (less than $600 a night)

I'm aware this could be a pipe dream and we may not find what we're looking for in our price range so any alternative recommendations are welcome. Also any dining and bar/club recommendations are welcome as well.

Thanks everyone!
Old Apr 17, 2016, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 99Robbins
This hotel maybe ?http://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/man...092.1452415557
but maybe luxury hotel will be too pricey
Unfortunately that hotel has no availability during the time we need it. Thank you for the recommendation though! It doesn't necessarily have to be luxury, a hilton or something would work I just didn't know where else to post this question.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 11:39 pm

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Originally Posted by bb20
Hello all, I'm new here so hopefully I'm posting this in the correct forum. So I'm planning a birthday party for my boyfriend and we're planning on renting a suite somewhere to have friends over. I'd like recommendations for a suite with maybe 2 king beds (if it's possible I'm VERY new to hotels and travel and such) and a nice bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. We also don't really want to spend an absolute ton of money since we're still college students so nothing too expensive (less than $600 a night)

I'm aware this could be a pipe dream and we may not find what we're looking for in our price range so any alternative recommendations are welcome. Also any dining and bar/club recommendations are welcome as well.

Thanks everyone!
Check out The Joule. I usually stay there as my business meetings are walking distance. They did a nice renovation a couple of years ago. It's right downtown Dallas.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Larkin
Check out The Joule. I usually stay there as my business meetings are walking distance. They did a nice renovation a couple of years ago. It's right downtown Dallas.
This one looks nice, do you know how large the standard rooms are?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 12:25 am

I've stayed at the Joule twice. Once in a Joule Suite and once in a Premier Room. The last visit was in September. I booked a Joule Suite and was upgraded to Deluxe Suite, but there was large construction project going on across Main Street, and the noise level was unacceptable. The room I ended up with was adjacent to the terrace where they hold events, and they didn't have curtains on the bathroom windows...

The Premier Room was fine for two of us, but may be a little cramped for having friends over. A Terrace Suite might be nice for entertaining if it's not too hot or windy.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ellyrambo
I've stayed at the Joule twice. Once in a Joule Suite and once in a Premier Room. The last visit was in September. I booked a Joule Suite and was upgraded to Deluxe Suite, but there was large construction project going on across Main Street, and the noise level was unacceptable. The room I ended up with was adjacent to the terrace where they hold events, and they didn't have curtains on the bathroom windows...

The Premier Room was fine for two of us, but may be a little cramped for having friends over. A Terrace Suite might be nice for entertaining if it's not too hot or windy.
I think the Joule is the one I'm looking at most now as it gets good reviews and looks pretty nice.
I'm very new to booking at hotels and such so I do have a few questions, firstly how do you get upgraded? And secondly how do you get a Terrace Suite? I don't see it as one of the options on their webpage so would I have to call in and request it? Thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2016, 12:40 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

As this is not specifically about luxury hotels, I am moving it to the dedicated Texas forum where it will likely get better responses.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Apr 18, 2016, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
As this is not specifically about luxury hotels, I am moving it to the dedicated Texas forum where it will likely get better responses.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Ah, thank you I wasn't aware there was a Texas forum! :)
Old Apr 18, 2016, 12:49 am

I think the Joule is the one I'm looking at most now as it gets good reviews and looks pretty nice.
I'm very new to booking at hotels and such so I do have a few questions, firstly how do you get upgraded? And secondly how do you get a Terrace Suite? I don't see it as one of the options on their webpage so would I have to call in and request it? Thanks!
I booked through Fine Hotels and Resorts, but a Virtuoso agent could book it for you to receive other benefits as well (breakfast, resort credit). The upgrades are space available, I think we lucked into the Terrace Suite (probably because it was January and exceptionally windy).

You may also want to take a look at the W. It's supposed to have more of a party vibe, and the suites there are more reasonably priced.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ellyrambo
I booked through Fine Hotels and Resorts, but a Virtuoso agent could book it for you to receive other benefits as well (breakfast, resort credit). The upgrades are space available, I think we lucked into the Terrace Suite (probably because it was January and exceptionally windy).

You may also want to take a look at the W. It's supposed to have more of a party vibe, and the suites there are more reasonably priced.
The W is another promising looking one. As for the upgrades were you just offered one or did you ask if there was one available?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:07 pm

Look into Hotel ZaZa. A few of their suites have two king beds and jacuzzi baths.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AdamLX
Look into Hotel ZaZa. A few of their suites have two king beds and jacuzzi baths.
Wow that would be absolutely perfect for our needs! Unfortunately it seems as though that is completely booked up on our dates as well. Am I missing something? I find it hard to believe that so many hotels are completely booked on such an ordinary weekend.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 7:07 pm

The W is another promising looking one. As for the upgrades were you just offered one or did you ask if there was one available?
It was offered on check in as part of the FHR program. It's a space available thing, and it' sin consistent between properties. If you want a specific suite, you should definitely pre-arrange that.

If you don't see the room, try emailing or calling and see what they have available. They may just not offer it for online booking.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by AdamLX
Originally Posted by 99Robbins
You are very new here. Call me suspicious. But do you work for the hotel mentioned? I just find it odd that suddenly out of no where that you mention a hotel that I am sure many have not even heard of?
You should question everyone including me!!!
Seriously who hasn't heard of Hotel ZaZa? Celebs, locals, out of towners, rich people and not so rich have been going here for years.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW
Seriously who hasn't heard of Hotel ZaZa? Celebs, locals, out of towners, rich people and not so rich have been going here for years.
Exactly. Anyone who lives in Dallas should be aware of that hotel and all the random suites they have to offer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.