Reload this Page >

Switched to mobile view and can't switch back to desktop view

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 7, 2022, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 59Impala
should you be switched to mobile view, simply click on this link and you will be reset. Credit goes to @Zorak . Thanks!!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...ons&styleid=24
Print Wikipost

Switched to mobile view and can't switch back to desktop view

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2021, 12:54 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
It switches back to the mobile view mostly when I search for a thread in Google and then click on it. Very annoying.
delpiero223 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Zorak
If anyone is reading this in mobile mode against their volition, you can click on this direct link to the desktop version of the "Edit Options" page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...ons&styleid=24 where you can change the Forum Skin (2nd item under "Miscellaneous Options" near the bottom) to "Use Forum Default"
Thanks for posting this. FT switched to mobile mode on my preferred browser last week and I couldn't figure out how to force the desktop version. Thanks!

-FlyerBeek
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 1:43 pm

Chiming in that this also happened to me and it was driving me bonkers. Not sure why my desktop got thrown into mobile mode in the first place but couldn't figure out how to get out of it until finding this thread.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
This option is not available to me when I try to switch out of mobile mode on my phone.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
This option is not available to me when I try to switch out of mobile mode on my phone.
Zorak's solutions worked for me on two different mobile devices. If you continue to have trouble, you may consider deleting cookies/clearing cache/etc. as the issue is probably local to you (unless something has changed recently, which is entirely possible).

You can also force the full desktop skin by adding "?styleid=24" to the URL parameters. If there's already a ?x=y parameter in the URL you can append "&styleid=24" instead.

If anyone is reading this in mobile mode against their volition, you can click on this direct link to the desktop version of the "Edit Options" page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...ons&styleid=24 where you can change the Forum Skin (2nd item under "Miscellaneous Options" near the bottom) to "Use Forum Default"
-J.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
You can also force the full desktop skin by adding "?styleid=24" to the URL parameters. If there's already a ?x=y parameter in the URL you can append "&styleid=24" instead.

thanks. I’m finally bookmarking this page for your link.

took me 2 seconds to mis-touch that Mobile button and then 3 minutes to find my way to this forum in mobile mode! Thank you zorak.
SamirD likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:46 pm

I've never had this problem in the past decade of being a member here, but it has recently (past month? 6 weeks) been happening every week or so. Any idea what's going on / what am I doing wrong?
SamirD likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:07 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by CX HK
I've never had this problem in the past decade of being a member here, but it has recently (past month? 6 weeks) been happening every week or so. Any idea what's going on / what am I doing wrong?

Go there and select "Forum Default"
SamirD likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob

Thanks Zorak! I was going out of my mind with this new look on my iPad! I’m still not sure if it’s something I did to trigger it, but it was absolutely awful.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: United
Add a "Thanks Zorak" from me too. Using Safari on my Mac spontaneously started doing the mobile layout as well. I typically follow threads via email subscriptions so I'm not sure when it actually started happening, although I thought I was just looking at the website in the last few days. Very annoying!
SamirD, IndyHoosier and Zorak like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 1:26 am

This keeps happening to me still - I realize it is because I am Googling for topics on FlyerTalk, and half the time it brings me to mobile view. We really need a toggle that is visible where we can just easily switch back when on mobile view.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
This keeps happening to me still - I realize it is because I am Googling for topics on FlyerTalk, and half the time it brings me to mobile view. We really need a toggle that is visible where we can just easily switch back when on mobile view.
If you don't want mobile view at all, there is an option in the link IBJoel posted (which you can also get to by going to your user control panel):
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by SamirD
If you don't want mobile view at all, there is an option in the link IBJoel posted (which you can also get to by going to your user control panel):
Oh great, thank you.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:06 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Oh great, thank you.
Welcome! I never knew it was there myself until I looked at his link.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:19 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by SamirD

i have this enabled since ages, but nevertheless, sometimes switches to mobile view. This tick box does not fully work….
SamirD and IndyHoosier like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.