FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: 2012-2016 Subscription notifications, questions, problems, etc. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1953413-archive-2012-2016-subscription-notifications-questions-problems-etc.html)

1Newflyer Oct 19, 2016 11:11 am

Its appears to be working today for me as well. Keep the settings the same, don't thinker with it. No need for improvements from now on.

stimpy Oct 19, 2016 11:39 am

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer (Post 27366955)
Its appear to be working today for me as well. Keep the settings the same, don't thinker with it. No need for improvements from now on.

I wouldn't go that far. Improvements are a good thing, but please do a better job of testing!!

ENOTTY Oct 20, 2016 7:24 pm

2 days straight of my subscriptions. Thanks a bunch!

sxpsxpsxp Oct 22, 2016 7:23 am

My emails are back as well. Thanks!

shan23 Nov 10, 2016 7:02 pm

Is this the correct thread to ask about email notifications of PMs? I've it set up and was working fine for months - all of a sudden, I no longer get notified of new PMs. Please help!

IBobi Nov 11, 2016 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by shan23 (Post 27464976)
Is this the correct thread to ask about email notifications of PMs? I've it set up and was working fine for months - all of a sudden, I no longer get notified of new PMs. Please help!

Did you recently change your email address on FT?

shan23 Nov 11, 2016 4:08 pm

No, same email address as before.

My inbox did go beyond 90% space, after which I cleaned it up. Roughly since then, haven't been getting notifications.

IBJoel Nov 14, 2016 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by shan23 (Post 27468656)
No, same email address as before.

My inbox did go beyond 90% space, after which I cleaned it up. Roughly since then, haven't been getting notifications.

It's possible FT emails were branded as spam by your server, after deleting a bunch. I'm going to send you a PM to see if you get a notification. Please let me know if you do. If you don't, we'll take steps to get tech on that!

shan23 Nov 14, 2016 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 27479314)
It's possible FT emails were branded as spam by your server, after deleting a bunch. I'm going to send you a PM to see if you get a notification. Please let me know if you do. If you don't, we'll take steps to get tech on that!

Didn't receive your PM as notification on my email.

To clarify, when I meant inbox, I was referring to the FT inbox, NOT my email inbox. I havent deleted a single notification from FT on my email as of now. I also check spam pretty often, and I receive notifications from threads that I've subscribed to in real time.

Hope that helps, and I really appreciate the attention you've given to my problem!

IBJoel Nov 15, 2016 12:58 pm

Ah, OK, shan. So you cleaned out your FT PM inbox and then no longer received notification emails from FlyerTalk. Is that correct?

shan23 Nov 15, 2016 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 27484318)
Ah, OK, shan. So you cleaned out your FT PM inbox and then no longer received notification emails from FlyerTalk. Is that correct?

To be even more specific, I deleted only 50-60 messages from my sent/inbox folders in FT.

BallardFlyer Dec 9, 2016 12:35 pm

Receiving duplicate notifications from private Internet Brands staging servers

I'm receiving daily email notifications from private Internet Brands staging servers in the middle of the day in addition to my normal notification emails that come around midnight.

The staging URLs are in a format like this: http://stg-flyertalk-web1.dhcp.inter...play.php?f=665

These URLs are not reachable for me.

Might be a bad thing for your QA process too.

dakaix Dec 9, 2016 1:47 pm

Glad it's not just me receiving those, did think for a moment they might've been bogus (albeit intricately constructed!)...

IBobi Dec 9, 2016 2:35 pm

I'm getting them too -- we have alerted tech to stop them asap. Thanks for your report.

The current thread may be read here.