Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:30 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by beltway
Awful in so many ways:
  • Wikis have completely disappeared
    • Also, "Wiki Posts > Show All Wikiposts" has never worked properly; it still shows only a list of recently edited wikis
  • The white background is utterly blinding
  • Too much dead space
  • Thread title (and the "go to first unread" button) are far too small compared to other elements. Make it easy for people to use these features, not harder.
  • The embiggened left-side menu bar on the MyFlyerTalk page is annoying. As somebody observed earlier, we use that page to check on subscribed threads & fora; enlarging other features, especially ones I can access elsewhere, detracts from that useful function.
  • Unaddressed from last time: there are still too many navigation/menu bars & text links to MyFlyerTalk, and you never restored the one-click "user silhouette" icon at the top of the page that got me there quickly & easily, especially on a smaller mobile screen where I can't do fine-grained mouse selections.

I gave up giving feedback last time because it ended up being ignored. Keep this winning streak going and you'll have the UI/UX in its worst possible state in no time.
Wikipost problem has been reported. Thread titles and "first unread" icon have been fixed. For "MyFlyerTalk", don't you just have the link in the upper left? That's a one-click.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Looking for a link from My Flyertalk to Trending forums
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:32 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by tmiw
However, the font size for the post's body on the preview page is significantly smaller than when viewing threads.
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean here. As you referring to when you're typing a post and click "Preview" versus when you click "Submit"?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the last few minutes the "Unsubscribe" for threads (MyFlyerTalk) has gone from the right to left where it can easily be clicked by accident (This get reported every style change and is then fixed)
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
As per others above, I can no longer see wikis once the thread is opened.
From the main forum thread listings, the wiki threads do show the "wiki" icon, but once you open the thread, there is no wiki.

Do you guys test this stuff out first before releasing it?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:35 pm

Why? It's hateful.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:37 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by yyznomad
As per others above, I can no longer see wikis once the thread is opened.
From the main forum thread listings, the wiki threads do show the "wiki" icon, but once you open the thread, there is no wiki.

Do you guys test this stuff out first before releasing it?
This has been reported, thank you.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:39 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
In the last few minutes the "Unsubscribe" for threads (MyFlyerTalk) has gone from the right to left where it can easily be clicked by accident (This get reported every style change and is then fixed)
Reported!
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Frankly I don't really care about your desktop version. Perhaps you guys should fix the major problems affecting smart phone usage of this website first before adding new graphics to the desktop version. It still remains unreadable on my iphone 10 from the scrolling ad banner that follows from the disappearing text I try to type when posting a new message.

Please do us a favor and fix those hot and pending items first.

Thank you

PS. Feedback on your new style? Certainly. Welcome to 1998
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:42 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by enviroian
the scrolling ad banner that follows from the disappearing text I try to type when posting a new message.
And this is when you're using the mobile skin? Can you post a screenshot? I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly.
traacs likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Viewing via Safari on an iPad, set to FT Desktop NG. In addition to the already-reported irritation of the hyperlinks being the same font/colour as other text, the vertical banner ad on the right of the screen overlays the "go" button on the forum jump drop down, so you can't actually tap it unless you scroll the screen to a very specific place with the go button just below the banner ad.

I also wish the issue of being unable to see what you're typing in the reply text box when using Safari on iPad had been fixed...
wrp96 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by IBJoel
And this is when you're using the mobile skin? Can you post a screenshot? I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly.
thanks for the response. No, not the mobile. No offense the but the mobile skin sucks and is by itself unusable simply due to the user-unfriendliness of it.

I've sent screenshots before.
Silver Fox and diburning like this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Thread titles and "first unread" icon have been fixed.
No, they have not. I see no change.
For "MyFlyerTalk", don't you just have the link in the upper left? That's a one-click.
To repeat what I already said at least twice--last time around and in this same thread earlier today--no, the text links are not a satisfactory alternative.

Why?
  • Because on a mobile device (even using desktop UI, which I do), the My FlyerTalk at top left (next to Hotel Reviews) and MYFLYERTALK at top right (in the submenu under my username) are actually two-clicks, not one-clicks.
  • The third text link (under Reply to Thread) is a one-click, true--but it's a small target that harder to hit using fingertip presses on a mobile device. The previous My FlyerTalk "bug" was nice and big; taking it away makes no sense whatsoever, as the space it used to occupy (at the very top right center) is now completely unused except for the globe-map background. You guys took it away for absolutely no reason & made the UI worse in doing so. "Lose-lose" is not a good look.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
correct when typing, banner is always on the screen where you want to type when using mobile
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:48 pm
Administrator

The desktop skin is not supported on mobile devices. It is an option, but the designs are only semi-compatible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.