Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Domat
I love these threads. Has there ever been a change in the history of the internet that hasn't been met with derision and anger?
Sure, all the "good" changes
Traveller and DenverBrian like this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Domat
I love these threads. Has there ever been a change in the history of the internet that hasn't been met with derision and anger?
Only when it has been fully deserved.
beltway likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
It’s a brand new installation of Chrome. Literally a new computer. I got the new computer and one of the first things I did was come to FT.

Programs: AC 75K
The font size is too large in posts/usernames, would prefer an option to adjust text size (or just allow some the option of using the new skin or the old skin). Not sure why it has to be "one style only" and not give people the option of using old or new.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I use the desktop site even on mobile because infinite scroll is the most annoying thing on the planet. Fonts are now huge.

FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
read/unread has now been fixed, that was very fast, thanks!
Indeed, although from my limited use it appears that you need to open a thread in the new version before it will show as read - previous activity wasn't carried over. If the case, this will soon resolve itself as older threads roll off the first page.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:36 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Back in 30min, guys. Quick meeting!
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Can you perhaps fix the old problems first? Cursor off the screen on my iPad. Now I can’t even see what I’m typing.
New fonts not so readable.
Silver Fox and wrp96 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It looks like some critical formatting in posts is gone. You can no longer identify hyperlinks.

Actually, this applies to every link on every page.
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Can you provide an example I can check out?
I am seeing the same thing. I'll demo it in this post and then add a screenshot to illustrate the problem. The first four words in this sentence are hyperlinked. The last word in this sentence is hyperlinked. All of the words in this sentence are hyperlinked. None of the words in this sentence are hyperlinked.
​​​​​​​
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by IBJoel
No worries! I'll report to tech!
EDIT: Did you try clearing cookies?
I can respond in IE on the same computer. It's a brand new computer. First thing I did once I got it was come here to FT.
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by IBobi
fixed.
Thanks, the "goto first unread" is back.
There is a change - it only appears on threads that has new posts. The change isn't bad per se, it just takes a little getting used to (Before, when the link appeared on all threads I used it to go to last read post on all threads, ie I never had to use the actual "go to last post" link on the far right. Now one has to learn to alternate between the two.)

I also see that bolding is back like it used to be, which is great
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Fonts on my FT page are too small.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:46 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by jackal
I am seeing the same thing. I'll demo it in this post and then add a screenshot to illustrate the problem. The first four words in this sentence are hyperlinked. The last word in this sentence is hyperlinked. All of the words in this sentence are hyperlinked. None of the words in this sentence are hyperlinked.
​​​​​​​
From that demo, one can tell you need to mouse over the actual link before you see underlining ! Kind of defeats the purpose, why would anyone mouse-over all text to find what is hyperlinked!
DenverBrian likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:47 pm

Font too large
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
The area (space) between the "sticky welcome" and the "normal" threads. It is confusing. It needs to be fixed.

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.