FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Very slow loading of pages on flyertalk.com and forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1893713-very-slow-loading-pages-flyertalk-com-forums.html)

zitsky Feb 13, 2018 9:10 am

Very slow loading of pages on flyertalk.com and forums

Is anyone seeing very slow loading of pages on flyertalk? Pretty much any page takes so long that my browser wants to close the tab. I'm seeing this on Chrome and IE. I see a lot of messages in the status bar about "waiting for secure.adnxs.com" which I think is some kind of tracker. I can't see the other sites because they go by too quickly.

dave_261 Feb 13, 2018 9:16 am

See this: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...g-reports.html

You're not alone...

Smid Feb 13, 2018 9:20 am

I am having the same problems, less so on IE but it is unreadable on chrome on multiple OS's. I had to stop a script from running on IE to get to post this.

Basically this website is done for me until you can fix it. Unreadable and certainly can't access things like my flyertalk.

dave_261 Feb 13, 2018 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 29411527)
I am having the same problems, less so on IE but it is unreadable on chrome on multiple OS's. I had to stop a script from running on IE to get to post this.

Basically this website is done for me until you can fix it. Unreadable and certainly can't access things like my flyertalk.

I downloaded chrome ad block extension and it solved the problem immediately.

zitsky Feb 13, 2018 9:32 am

Originally Posted by dave_261 (Post 29411534)
I downloaded chrome ad block extension and it solved the problem immediately.

I *really*, *really* didn't want to do this, but blocker also fixed the problem on my desktop immediately. IB needs to do something about their ads that keep you from using this site!!! I am also on mobile and will look for something for that.

IB, please, please do a better job of presenting ads that don't interfere with using your website!!

Boggie Dog Feb 13, 2018 9:38 am

So this usability issue, should be called not usable, is due to the recent upgrades to FT which did nothing but make FT a less user friendly place.

Thanks FT.

IBJoel Feb 13, 2018 9:43 am

Hi guys, I've alerted our Ad Ops, and they're working on a fix (they were able to immediately reproduce it).

IBJoel Feb 13, 2018 9:45 am

Is everyone seeing the same "Adnxs" that's trying to load?

Smid Feb 13, 2018 9:47 am

I'm not sure on all cases but most of them it was that, yes.

zitsky Feb 13, 2018 9:48 am

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 29411613)

Yes on desktop. I can't see what's happening on mobile. Would be nice to have the same status bar.

gobluetwo Feb 13, 2018 9:51 am

Yes, it is "waiting for secure.adnxs.com" on Chrome and FF, also "transferring data from rtb.districtm.io" on FF.

ThatT1Feeling Feb 13, 2018 10:08 am

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 29411613)

Yes, and a couple of others but that one seems to be the really slow one and it keeps re-trying

kevincrumbs Feb 13, 2018 10:21 am

Just chiming in with another data point in regards to this annoying "waiting for secure.adnxs.com" message. I get it both on Chrome and Mozilla while on a Windows 10 machine. I finally had to download AdBlocker just to be able to get here to read/post about it, so the message trying to guilt me into not using AdBlocker just cracks me up.

gooselee Feb 13, 2018 10:21 am

Same here. Adnxs also seemed to be the common redirect.

In Chrome on desktop, site would just load forever and time out.
In Chrome on Android, site would kind of load, and then Chrome would entirely crash.

I enabled the chrome://flags/#enable-framebusting-...or-usergesture flag and that seems to have made things slightly better on desktop, but mobile continues to crash.

Unfortunately this means I won't be using FT until this gets fixed.

sddjd Feb 13, 2018 11:21 am

Same here- "waiting for adnxs.com". Oh well, unfortunately another site that's placed a higher importance on click counts and popups & add-ins that the user base.