FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Very slow loading of pages on flyertalk.com and forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1893713-very-slow-loading-pages-flyertalk-com-forums.html)

GeezerCouple Feb 13, 2018 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 29411613)
Is everyone seeing the same "Adnxs" that's trying to load?

No idea what it was, but it was horrible. Finally just closed out the site.

Don't know if it's fully fixed, but just now, I was able to open this right away, and that was "different" from before, definitely.

GC

RandomBaritone Feb 13, 2018 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 29412292)
From what I can tell, it's been more like 18 hours. We are working on it!

In fact I alerted you to the problem on Safari for Mac OS over on February 7 in the desktop issues thread. It’s the exact same problem.

wheresmybagba Feb 13, 2018 2:28 pm

The endless game of FT whackanadmole continues! I thought 2018 was going to bring a solution?

BearX220 Feb 13, 2018 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone (Post 29412686)
I alerted you to the problem on Safari for Mac OS over on February 7...

It's definitely been an issue since the weekend, so, about 48 hours for me at a minimum.

Originally Posted by zitsky (Post 29412650)
I really think you need to do a better job of screening ads in the first place!

Agree -- I am also getting occasional weird short bursts of autoplay audio, like something is trying to launch and being stopped, when on a page for longer than 60 seconds or so.

IBobi Feb 13, 2018 3:12 pm

We did not experience the issue until yesterday, nor did the vast majority of those reporting it; perhaps there was a Safari-limited or otherwise edge case prior to that.

Oxnardjan Feb 13, 2018 3:18 pm

Thank you! I sent an email and Joel sent me an email that they were working on it, came back after lunch and Voila! I am back to one of my favorite forums. Thanks for the fix, Worth every penny I pay for this wonderful forum, (tongue in cheek).

Derrico Feb 13, 2018 6:04 pm

Caused me to install an ad blocker so I could read the site. Someone tell advertisers that is counter productive to their goals.

zitsky Feb 13, 2018 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Derrico (Post 29413447)
Caused me to install an ad blocker so I could read the site. Someone tell advertisers that is counter productive to their goals.

Same here. You are right!

allset2travel Feb 13, 2018 8:20 pm

Pls suggest an Adblocker for FF & Chrome. TIA
This took almost 4 minutes to type!
Horrible!

elleana Feb 13, 2018 10:10 pm

Wasn't working for me yesterday, working fine now. I don't think its an issue with ads per se, just a buggy ad script (which could happen to anyone!)

aquamarinesteph Feb 14, 2018 12:09 am

It's working for me now. I posted a separate post to show that it wasn't working b/c of specific ad posts. Thank you.

Dublin_rfk Feb 14, 2018 8:58 am

No changes to my system and today I get most of a pop up video add before it locks up.

gooselee Feb 14, 2018 9:54 am

Originally Posted by BearX220 (Post 29412781)
Agree -- I am also getting occasional weird short bursts of autoplay audio, like something is trying to launch and being stopped, when on a page for longer than 60 seconds or so.

I've been getting this as well on desktop Chrome. It's only occasional, but been happening for months.

My laptop is usually muted so it hasn't bothered me, but I notice that little speaker in the Chrome tab for FT at least 1x/week.

IBobi Feb 14, 2018 11:35 am

Hi all,

There is more than one issue happening here. The main one, which caused browser crashes and very slow loads, is new, having started Sunday or Monday and should be resolved now. Nobody should be seeing very slow page loads or anything like a browser crash. If you are, please clear your browser cache and try again. If you started seeing this behavior over the last few days and you're still seeing it after you clear cache, please let me know, as we believe it is now resolved.

Other issues, which may have been happening for more than a few days, are unrelated to this. We're doing our best to address those too. If there is a particular ad that seems to be causing issues (autoplaying with audio, slowing your page performance, etc) let us know and please post a screen shot of it!

Thank you,

Paul

fransknorge Feb 15, 2018 8:27 am

I find it instructive that the IB tech team quibles over how long the issue is present and directly contradict customers of FT. This is 101 "What not to do in a support service job".