How to add or embed a file, image / photo or video in a post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2016, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBobi
Posting a picture / image; how to add or embed an image or video in a post
HOW TO EMBED IMAGES: See tutorial information in posts 1 - 4.

Not every Forum accepts the embedding of images; for those that do, please follow the FlyerTalk Rules. From the FlyerTalk Rules:

8. Posting of Images link to this rule.
You may embed non-animated images in your posts. Your images must conform to all FlyerTalk content rules, must convey relevant, on-topic information and are not allowed in signature lines or user profiles other than in the space designated in your profile for your picture. (See also, Rule 2 — User Profiles.) Please size your images large enough to get your point across but not so that they distort FlyerTalk standard column widths.
To attach of a doc, docx, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, xls or xlsx file from your device, or to add a thumbnail (or up to six thumbnail photos to your post, see the first and second posts in this thread.

If your image fails to load, the first thing to try is clearing your browser’s cache.

NOTE: At this time, embedding animated images is not allowed (see this link to the FlyerTalk rule).

(Posts with embedded or attached videos, files or images made here as tests of how this works will routinely be deleted for systems efficiency.

/Moderators)

IGUANADON
Print Wikipost

How to add or embed a file, image / photo or video in a post

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2016, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

turning linked photos into thumbnails is odd
that problem came sometime after addition of attaching (not linking) photos to posts

originally when attaching (not linking) photos to posts, it would thumbnail
seems after fixing problem with linked photos, attached (not linked) never thumbnail

if it is possible for attached (not linked) to have optional thumbnail, might be good?
(under manage attachments in edit post, was originally limited to 6 attachments?)
auto attach is part of latest update? uploads linked photos to posts? with no limit?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 9, 2016 at 10:50 pm
Old May 9, 2016, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

was limit changed? www.flyertalk.com/forum/26601640-post34.html

also, after latest update and removing thumbnailing of attachments, has it started taking a long time for 'edit post' to complete after hitting 'save' (when editing a post that has attachments) ?
Old May 10, 2016, 3:07 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
turning linked photos into thumbnails is odd
that problem came sometime after addition of attaching (not linking) photos to posts

originally when attaching (not linking) photos to posts, it would thumbnail
seems after fixing problem with linked photos, attached (not linked) never thumbnail

if it is possible for attached (not linked) to have optional thumbnail, might be good?
(under manage attachments in edit post, was originally limited to 6 attachments?)
auto attach is part of latest update? uploads linked photos to posts? with no limit?
Thumbnails no longer happen with links. Only attachments.

was limit changed? www.flyertalk.com/forum/26601640-post34.html

also, after latest update and removing thumbnailing of attachments, has it started taking a long time for 'edit post' to complete after hitting 'save' (when editing a post that has attachments) ?
What limit?

I have not seen a longer edit time.
Old May 15, 2016, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
It's a bit weird when I include a picture using the [img] tag, but the picture remains as an attached picture after editing the post to try to remove the picture completely.
Edit: Figured it out.

Last edited by UA1K_no_more; May 15, 2016 at 2:01 pm
Old May 16, 2016, 8:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
It's a bit weird when I include a picture using the [img] tag, but the picture remains as an attached picture after editing the post to try to remove the picture completely.
It is weird, and it looks like you've figured out the change.
Old May 19, 2016, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've read through this entire thread, checked for options on my personal dashboard, etc. but haven't seen an answer for how to avoid this:

Name:  27yv0vo.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  21.1 KB

Any help would be appreciated.

[Edited]

Hmm.

OK, some may be asking what the problem is. Well, when using "preview post" it shows a duplicate of each image with one tagged "attached images", but now when posting is seems only a single copy of the image is posted.
Old May 20, 2016, 3:04 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
Okay, I've got the same problem and completely not figured it out.

I have edited the post (reduced image size of one of two pics) but now have both images in the post, even though I only have 1 '[ATTACH]' block.

Any helpers?

If anyone wants to look, its' here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26654229-post25.html
Old May 20, 2016, 7:39 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Okay, I've got the same problem and completely not figured it out.

I have edited the post (reduced image size of one of two pics) but now have both images in the post, even though I only have 1 '[ATTACH]' block.

Any helpers?

If anyone wants to look, its' here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26654229-post25.html
Should not be happening.

But if it dows, and you want to remove a photo attached, just go to EDIT and GO ADVANCED and MANAGE ATTACHMENTS.
Old May 20, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I've already reported this by PM to IBobi but in case anyone else is having the same issue.... I am only able to embed one photo per post on an ipad using Safari. Doesn't matter which method I try. If I try to upload 2 or more at once, it only uploads the last image. If I try to do each photo individually, it replaces the previously uploaded image, still leaving only one. Even going back after posting and editing my post and adding an additional image doesn't work. Again, it just replaces the previously posted image. Hopefully solved soon as I now have to make consecutive posts when I want to add more than one photo.
Old May 20, 2016, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ive had some fairly big attachments that did not thumbnail
Old May 20, 2016, 10:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
ive had some fairly big attachments that did not thumbnail
It looks like thumbnails are disabled now.
Old May 21, 2016, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
So we've gone from one extreme to another? I've noticed that some folk posting from their phones, laptops, etc, the image takes up the entire screen such as this, where as they didn't do so before.
Attached Images  

Last edited by SkiAdcock; May 21, 2016 at 7:56 am
Old May 21, 2016, 7:59 am

But if I post from a website:

Old May 21, 2016, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

seems the problem was with auto attaching links then thumbnailing
start of report writer complaints about link > auto attach > thumbnail
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...l#post26583928

IB turns off thumbnailing >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...l#post26586272

but i agree with SkiAdcock when one attaches (not link) thumbnail would be nice option

i would think [IB] look some more at 'auto attaching' (don't do 'auto') but may be complicated

there was a limit of 6 attachments when attachments were first added, not sure if changed

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...l#post26601640

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 21, 2016 at 11:15 am
Old May 21, 2016, 11:26 am

I don't need a tiny thumbnail which it was temporarily when IB had that on, but more like the image size just above your post. So it's easy to see but doesn't fill up the entire screen. I thought it used to be like that?

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.