Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

How to add or embed a file, image / photo or video in a post

How to add or embed a file, image / photo or video in a post

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 8, 19, 1:56 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
Posting a picture / image; how to add or embed an image or video in a post

HOW TO EMBED IMAGES: See tutorial information in posts 1 - 4.

Not every Forum accepts the embedding of images; for those that do, please follow the FlyerTalk Rules. From the FlyerTalk Rules:

8. Posting of Images link to this rule.
You may embed non-animated images in your posts. Your images must conform to all FlyerTalk content rules, must convey relevant, on-topic information and are not allowed in signature lines or user profiles other than in the space designated in your profile for your picture. (See also, Rule 2 — User Profiles.) Please size your images large enough to get your point across but not so that they distort FlyerTalk standard column widths.
To attach of a doc, docx, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, xls or xlsx file from your device, or to add a thumbnail (or up to six thumbnail photos to your post, see the first and second posts in this thread.

If your image fails to load, the first thing to try is clearing your browser’s cache.

NOTE: At this time, embedding animated images is not allowed (see this link to the FlyerTalk rule).

(Posts with embedded or attached videos, files or images made here as tests of how this works will routinely be deleted for systems efficiency.

/Moderators)
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 17, 19, 5:18 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by IBobi View Post
It’s working for us, try clearing browser cache?
Cleared cache, still not working for me, the pics are in my FT albums but pressing upload & nothing happens
can you get it to work on latest Safari & on IPad ?
Old Jan 17, 19, 11:18 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, The Suggestion Box and Talkboard Topics
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post

Cleared cache, still not working for me, the pics are in my FT albums but pressing upload & nothing happens
If I’m reading your post correctly, you may want to look locally, because this is with my iPad and latest version of Safari.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 17, 19, 12:35 pm
Administrator
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by chris63 View Post

You do not have to load photos onto your album. Just click the little "photo" icon in the edit box and follow the prompts.

Old Jan 31, 19, 8:41 pm

YouTube Embed

[uBl=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdv20WhjAA8][/uBl]

YouTube embed requires a different code?
Old Jan 31, 19, 9:10 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by LegalTender View Post
[uBl=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdv20WhjAA8][/uBl]

YouTube embed requires a different code?
I think it "just works" if you (a) post a YouTube link into a post using the desktop editor, or (b) post using the mobile editor BUT you have to use the link tool button in the toolbar to insert the link.

Test:

(EDIT: yeah, I just pasted the bare link into my post on the desktop interface and it automatically embedded)

p.s. to the admins this is another thing that frequently trips people up in the mobile skin (you see posts with URLs that have not been linkified), ought to be a trivial change (how is it the desktop editor and mobile editor don't submit to the same backend handler?) and would improve the mobile experience a lot.
LegalTender, IBobi and IBJoel like this.